Why do I love this song...? :I
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Why do I love this song...? :I  (Read 1607 times)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« on: 07/ 03/ 2014, 08:14:45 PM »
Post songs that you really want to hate--either because you usually hate the band or genre or whatever--but actually love for some godawful reason that you'll never quite understand like what the fuck.

I have about a thousand of these, so here's a few of them:

GACKT - Graffiti

(I blame SKET Dance. Er...for the most part)

P.O.D. - School Of Hard Knocks Small | Large

(This is probably just nostalgia, back when I enjoyed this music)

99 PROBLEMS Small | Large

(Oh god why.)

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #1 on: 07/ 06/ 2014, 11:53:29 PM »
mannnn 99 problems is a classic. in my opinion one of the quintessential Rick Rubin tracks.

heres one for me:

Sick of it All - Step Down (Hardcore Punk) Small | Large

i usually have like, zero patience for "tough guy" hardcore like Sick of it all or Hatebreed or Madball, but this and a handful of other songs i really like.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #2 on: 07/ 07/ 2014, 12:09:33 AM »
I've been on a nerdcore hip hop kick lately. Stuff like MC Frontalot, MC Chris and Mega Ran. When I heard this song I didn't like it but I put it into the playlist regardless because I didn't have many songs and slowly but surely it grew on me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntVaFGgPGnU Small | Large

The computer voice is my favorite.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #3 on: 07/ 07/ 2014, 12:37:10 AM »
i was on a serious Nerdcore kick in high school. that is one of my favorite Frontalot tracks. i never got into MC Chris, i was more of an Optimus Rhyme or Shael Riley guy. this Shael Riley album is something i consider essential Nerdcore listening. its not really rap, more like 8-bit Nerdcore indie rock. check it.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #4 on: 07/ 07/ 2014, 02:40:11 AM »
i was on a serious Nerdcore kick in high school. that is one of my favorite Frontalot tracks. i never got into MC Chris, i was more of an Optimus Rhyme or Shael Riley guy. this Shael Riley album is something i consider essential Nerdcore listening. its not really rap, more like 8-bit Nerdcore indie rock. check it.
Ok, first off that band is awesome and thank you for introducing me to them. Second, I'm selective on what I listen to. I only have a few tracks on my ipod of any one artist. When I want to listen to something new I listen to some tracks on youtube.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
« Reply #5 on: 07/ 07/ 2014, 10:24:01 AM »
thats smart. a lot of the time i put several albums of stuff i just discovered on my ipod and end up not listening to it because i dont know where to start.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #6 on: 07/ 08/ 2014, 02:09:22 AM »
mannnn 99 problems is a classic. in my opinion one of the quintessential Rick Rubin tracks.

I don't do the Gangster Rap thing, let alone Jay-Z. I was into the stuff when I was really young, but I don't even think I liked it then. XD Much more into alternative hip hop. Not so much Nerdcore, though, but I don't dislike it. Just never got that into it.

In other news, here's another one:

飲ŽŽ‚“‚ˆ€œYaaaahƒƒƒ‚€œ€€PV€‚HUMPTY€‘

Kozue Aikawa made me like this song, back in '10. I don't listen to jpop usually (aside from certain songs and anime stuff), but this...I don't even know why I like it. I just...I don't know. Well, maybe I do. But my brain still refuses to understand.

Here's the Kozue one:

€“šˆ€‘飲ŽŽ‚“‚ˆ€œYaaaahƒƒƒ‚€œ ‚’ŠŸ Small | Large

My insides... <333

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #7 on: 07/ 08/ 2014, 06:43:51 AM »

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #8 on: 07/ 18/ 2014, 07:57:09 PM »
There's something you need to know about me.

Smash Mouth - All Star

My enjoyment for it is fueled by a humongous case of nostalgia. And it pretty much applies to my life growing up in a small town.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #10 on: 07/ 19/ 2014, 06:53:57 AM »
There's something you need to know about me.

Smash Mouth - All Star

My enjoyment for it is fueled by a humongous case of nostalgia. And it pretty much applies to my life growing up in a small town.
this is fine, I agree with this.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #11 on: 09/ 07/ 2014, 02:57:26 PM »
Berryz工房「行け!行け!モンキーダンス」 (MV)

I really love this song for some reason.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #12 on: 01/ 02/ 2015, 11:48:54 PM »
Wake Me Up -- Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc Lyrics

Why. I don't understand. I usually get hives over these popular, overrated, overplayed songs, but not this one for some mind-breaking reason. I'm sure it has something to do with the lyrics. They pretty much describe me 10 years ago. And somewhat right now, since I'm still too much of a dreamer for my own good, though I'm a lot more wise and enlightened than I used to be. Also, that guy's voice makes me moist.

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Marikondesu Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #13 on: 01/ 18/ 2015, 07:58:53 PM »
Wake Me Up -- Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc Lyrics

Why. I don't understand. I usually get hives over these popular, overrated, overplayed songs, but not this one for some mind-breaking reason. I'm sure it has something to do with the lyrics. They pretty much describe me 10 years ago. And somewhat right now, since I'm still too much of a dreamer for my own good, though I'm a lot more wise and enlightened than I used to be. Also, that guy's voice makes me moist.

Oh man, and the original song by Aloe Blacc is just as amazing (if not more so)
Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up (Official)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #14 on: 01/ 20/ 2015, 01:14:03 PM »
Holy fuck, that version's amazing! Video put water on my face, too.