Daredevil on Netflix.
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Daredevil on Netflix.  (Read 933 times)

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Daredevil on Netflix.
« on: 04/ 11/ 2015, 12:47:42 AM »
guys. its really fucking great. Daredevil is my favorite superhero, and i am pretty overjoyed by the series so far. the fighting is really amazing for a western production, with clear influence from things like The Raid, and the hallway fight from Oldboy.

i dunno if anyone else is planning on watching this, but talk about it here, maybe?

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 25/ 2015, 12:49:52 AM »
Sorry I'm a little late, but yeah I finished it a few days ago.

Fucking fantastic all around. As someone who's not too familiar with Daredevil this show really made me want to read more about him. More than Daredevil himself, I love the Matt Murdock character. Charlie Cox was fucking solid in the role.

If I have any complaint, it's that the final costume doesn't look nearly as good as I wish it did. But that's a small detail, I guess. Marvel has sold me on their Netflix project and I'm on board at least until the Defenders mini-series.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 25/ 2015, 09:40:53 AM »
Really enjoyed it. Wasn't sure on the approach towards kingpin but it works well if you take it as it's own thing

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 25/ 2015, 12:22:41 PM »
yeah, the costume is kind of wack, but its definitely in line with the slightly over-designed Captain America and Hawkeye outfits from the movies.

its probably my favorite marvel thing so far. the first season was more of a Kingpin origin story than a DD one, and i think in season 2 we will see Fisk as the ruthless sort of guy he is in the books.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 25/ 2015, 05:41:08 PM »
Taking it slow. Just finished Episode 3, I like the gritty fighting. And every time I see the water tower in the opening credits I have to think of that Cover and wonder why Matt isn't a bit happier :)

Grog

• nubbin
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #5 on: 04/ 28/ 2015, 07:50:22 PM »
Finished it a few days ago, really good.  I liked the emphasis on Kingpin, really built him up for me since I've read maybe one Daredevil comic in my entire life.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #6 on: 04/ 28/ 2015, 11:43:25 PM »
Any suggestions on where to start reading if I want to get into some Daredevil?

I've heard Mark Waid's stuff is good so I just picked-up Vol. 1 of his run.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #7 on: 04/ 29/ 2015, 01:07:29 AM »
i totally love Mark Waid's run but its not that similar in tone to the series, its considerably more lighthearted.

i recommend Frank Miller's run from like 79 to 83 that can be found in these omnibuses (as well as Born Again, one of my all time favorite comic stories), i also enjoyed Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil, and of course all of Mark Waid's stuff.

i havent read it, but i also hear that the Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev run was super influential to the show.

but if you want to get started, read Born Again. i think its the definitive daredevil story, and works so well as a followup to the netflix show, that i wouldnt be suprised if it was adapted for season 2.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 29/ 2015, 11:31:13 PM »
Thanks, man. I'll make sure to pick up Born Again next chance I get.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #9 on: 06/ 10/ 2015, 12:37:11 PM »
Jon Bernthal Cast as Frank Castle in the Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's Daredevil'

Bernthal seems like a solid choice. I'm excited to see where they go with that character.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #10 on: 06/ 11/ 2015, 10:40:24 AM »
yeah. i can totally get down with him as Frank. im excited to see the costume since The Punisher has been wearing super realistic military gear in the comics for a long time now, so he is gonna look really page accurate in the show i bet.

id personally like to see him have the tactical military gear like the Nathan Edmonson Punisher, but with the slightly shaggy hair and beard like Greg Rucka's Punisher.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #11 on: 02/ 25/ 2016, 04:35:30 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY</a>

This shit looks so tight.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #12 on: 02/ 25/ 2016, 07:36:21 PM »
its hard to tell, but it seems like their taking some of the black out of the DD costume. im really glad, because the one that showed up at the end of last season had way too much black, to the point that it could be mistaken for deadpool from the neck down.

other than me being a costume nerd again, this really looks great. im glad to see The Hand in action.

Grog

• nubbin
Daredevil on Netflix.
« Reply #13 on: 05/ 10/ 2016, 07:25:53 AM »
What's everyone think of the new season/Punisher Season 1?