QGS Discussion
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: QGS Discussion  (Read 2351 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
QGS Discussion
« on: 05/ 22/ 2015, 10:21:39 AM »

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
QGS Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 05/ 22/ 2015, 03:34:21 PM »
Okay, finally got the new one loaded and read.

I'm not a big Mifune fan (not really by choice, I just haven't seen a lot of Kurosawa stuff), so I didn't catch whatever reference was made, though I assume it was regarding a tale with a Tomoe character. Regardless, loved it. I'd originally thought Mari was created to house souls, but it looks like she was completely normal at first. :O

Also, completely random side-note: I get the feeling young Kimiko Tomi's story would make an awesome action-adventure game. But that's just my brain doing the things it does 24/7.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
QGS Discussion
« Reply #2 on: 05/ 22/ 2015, 04:02:27 PM »
You didn't miss anything important to the story. One could theoretically work out who Kimiko originally was and her parentage, but even if they did it would have no impact on anything whatsoever. It's just an homage sort of... thing.

The next several of them are gonna be focused on Tomi and are a pretty big departure. You will probably dig it. Not sure about most other people.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
QGS Discussion
« Reply #3 on: 05/ 22/ 2015, 05:49:51 PM »
Aaahh, I get what you mean. So, kind of just a nudge sort of thing.

Also fuck yes, something up my alley. I can only assume it'll be creepy with demons and dead things. <3

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it

Grog

• nubbin
QGS Discussion
« Reply #5 on: 05/ 23/ 2015, 09:22:40 AM »
Oh cool, ominous things are afoot.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
QGS Discussion
« Reply #6 on: 05/ 23/ 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
When you mean Mifune, are you referencing the Samurai character from the Kurosawa films?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
QGS Discussion
« Reply #7 on: 05/ 23/ 2015, 12:49:14 PM »
I mean the actor, Toshiro Mifune. It's the guy you're thinking of though.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
QGS Discussion
« Reply #8 on: 05/ 23/ 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
Well, that took a turn. Wasn't expecting SRS BZNS. I mean, I know something sad or ominous was getting foreshadowed, but wasn't quite expecting this. Not that I'm complaining mind you. Really wanna see how this plays out.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
QGS Discussion
« Reply #9 on: 05/ 23/ 2015, 03:44:14 PM »
Yeah it's... gonna get worse.

Stick with it.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
QGS Discussion
« Reply #10 on: 05/ 24/ 2015, 04:21:11 AM »
YES. THE DEAD THINGS HAVE ARRIVED. <3

Also, cool seeing that bit of the story retold in detail. Even without the Number Girl. XD

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
QGS Discussion
« Reply #11 on: 05/ 24/ 2015, 10:10:20 PM »

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
QGS Discussion
« Reply #12 on: 05/ 25/ 2015, 12:12:49 AM »
All I thought was "Noooooooooooooo!!!!! I know she'll come back in a way but still nooooooooooooo!!!"

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
QGS Discussion
« Reply #13 on: 05/ 25/ 2015, 01:31:06 AM »
OH.

Oh...

Oooooooohhhhhhh....

Oh god. Oh man oh god oh man.

*Sweats profusely*

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
QGS Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 25/ 2015, 09:16:36 PM »
First I was like "Wait, isn't this the same..." And then I was like "HOLY SHIT"

Nicely done.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
QGS Discussion
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 25/ 2015, 10:04:15 PM »
First I was like "Wait, isn't this the same..."

I did something similar. I'm still a bit confused. However, I'm confident that all will be revealed.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
QGS Discussion
« Reply #17 on: 05/ 25/ 2015, 10:47:05 PM »
I think the forest stories were two different cycles. The first death caused the strawberries to grow. And thus Mari, I assume, since she's the Strawberry of Aokigahara. Maybe there's a third cycle that adds to it?

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
QGS Discussion
« Reply #18 on: 05/ 26/ 2015, 10:37:22 AM »
oh. OH. Ok.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
QGS Discussion
« Reply #19 on: 05/ 26/ 2015, 12:34:24 PM »