Monogatari Series (Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Koyomimonogatari) NisiOisiN
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Monogatari Series (Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Koyomimonogatari) NisiOisiN  (Read 426 times)

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
I have no idea why we don't have a thread dedicated to the NisiOisiN produced by Shaft.

Has anyone checked out the Kizumonogatari movies or even the translated novel by Vertical?

Fun fact: The quote found on Amazon Reviews from Japanator was actually penned by yours truly!

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
I have not seen anything that hasn't aired on the TVs in Japan. I do however have the first movie preordered on Rightstuf. But I don't plan on watching it until I have all three. Which I suppose could be a while. So in until then it will sit alongside the rest of my Monogatari BD collection.

Also, Ougi is best girl. Scientific fact.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Ougi scares me. Like a lot.
Unsure why she's got such a strong following on the reddits.

Also I really do recommend reading the novel before going into the movie. And not just from a Harry Potter novel/movie "there's soo much they streamlined/ cutout" stand point.
It's actually quite difficult to follow the movie fully without the foresight that the novel provides.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
It's not that I don't want to read the novels, but I know myself well enough that if I did but them they'd just sit on my shelf.
This has however given me an idea on how to introduce a friend to the series. They're a true bookworm, so maybe that would be an excellent point of entry.

And Ougi is da best. I just like the mystery she's got going on about her. And just her mannerisms and how she carries herself. Plus she's just damn adorable. In a spooky way.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Also, Ougi is best girl. Scientific fact.

Also Ononoki. Yey.

Also, last of Monogatari I saw was Owari. I need to catch up on the new stuff. Is there new stuff before Kizu? Cause I need to see those also. But I'll probably wait until the last movie releases as well.

EDIT: I guess it's just Kizu I missed? Could have sworn there was another OVA. Whatevs.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press

EDIT: I guess it's just Kizu I missed? Could have sworn there was another OVA. Whatevs.

I approve of the Dwight gif but I'm getting swarmed by Ougi lovers!!
The last thing I watched was Koyomimonogatari that kinda was an OVA since there wasn't an overarching story and just had a load of side stories that go along the rest of the series.

Like mini chapters or stories that are placed within part of the series.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
I think Vertical is releasing the novels/manga in English aren't they? #oldnews

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Yeah they are.
Bakemonogatari is coming out in three parts, first one in January I think.

I've also seen Nisemonogatari floating around pre-order on Amazon.
I guess Kizumonogatari did pretty good for Vertical.

I've also heard good things about the audiobook of Kizumonogatari too.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
I approve of the Dwight gif but I'm getting swarmed by Ougi lovers!!
The last thing I watched was Koyomimonogatari that kinda was an OVA since there wasn't an overarching story and just had a load of side stories that go along the rest of the series.

Like mini chapters or stories that are placed within part of the series.

I don't browse Reddit at all, actually, so I thought I was in my own weird Ougi fanclub before this. I'm actually surprised she has such a following. It's usually just me in the back going "But what about this girl she's totally fucking creepy I want to marry her" and then getting weird looks. It's lonely but it makes me feel like more of a husbando. Oh well, I guess I'll share her with everyone. Pffft. PFFFT. PFFFFFFFT.

Also HOLY SHIT FORGOT ABOUT KOYOMI NEED TO WATCH THAT I'M AN IDIOT.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Yeah man, get back here when you do so we can talk about it.

What I love about Koyomimonogatari is that is becomes a return to form in many ways; rapid verbal jousting matches between Araragi and the girl of choice with sight gags and also a mystery of the week/ episode plot progression.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press

Some cute ass cosplay of one of my favourite girls

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
https://wavemotioncannon.com/2016/11/23/kizumonogatari-tekketsu-hen-interview-with-hiroshi-kamiya/

Super interesting interview with the seiyu for Araragi Koyomi on his portrayal in Kizumonogatari.
Read if you're up to date with the series or at least seen all of Owarimonogatari.

He shares my exact thoughts of Araragi's background. Which is awesome cause he also voices some of my favourite character in another great series: Trafalgar Law in One Piece and to a lesser extent Izaya from Durarara

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Kizumonogatari Part 3 has a trailer out now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ62lZ15nng

Gotta say, i'm really looking forward to the gym shed scene.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press

For a time I thought this was real and I really wished Shaft came through with Nisekoimonogatari.
Alas it was a stupid April Fools joke.

It did get me into Nisekoi for better or worse.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press

Saturday Shinobu Kimono

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press

Owarimonogatari 2 coming this Summer!