One Piece
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: One Piece  (Read 399 times)

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
One Piece
« on: 11/ 24/ 2016, 03:07:50 PM »
No idea why we have never had a One Piece Thread on Rockmelon Soda in all this time.
I know we have some Mugiwara followers in this forum so please post fan art, theories, favourite characters, and just be merry nakama.

I will say please be careful about spoilers..... personally I'm an anime watcher type guy (despite the superiority of the manga in almost every way) and even then I'm constantly 7 episodes behind.

So favourite arc guys?

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
One Piece
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 24/ 2016, 03:44:21 PM »
So favourite arc guys?

I don't even know... I know I hated Dressrosa. That shit took forever. It was probably one of the pre-skip arcs. Maybe Thriller Bark. That might just be because I marathoned the entire series up to Dressrosa, and that was the first time I hated to watch an arc as it aired.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
One Piece
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 25/ 2016, 01:12:51 AM »
I don't even know... I know I hated Dressrosa. That shit took forever. It was probably one of the pre-skip arcs.

I thought Dressrosa had the potential for being my favourite arc.
We finally get to know more about Doflamingo, a fella that has been teased on and off throughout One Piece.
A Princess in a battle bikini, and more Trafalgar Law!!

But yeah it was dragged on for sooooo long. I've logged that the anime has taken more than a year to wrap up that story line and we finally are onto somewhere new. Just like Naruto, the post timeskip arcs just aren't as good as the previous ones.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
One Piece
« Reply #3 on: 12/ 13/ 2016, 02:07:26 PM »
I'm slowly catching up with One Piece now.
Digging the setting (though I'm not a furry) and the characters too. It's back to generally fun and light hearted but with some serious areas (like a lot of amputations for some reason)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
One Piece
« Reply #4 on: 12/ 13/ 2016, 02:35:54 PM »
I haven't seen much of One Piece (maybe about 30 eps), but it's definitely my favourite long-running shounen show out of all the other ones. I was supposed to be done with the series by now, but then I watched too much anime and now I'm behind on those shows and now I have to finish those shows before watching anything else and I'm terrible. In due time, I say.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
One Piece
« Reply #5 on: 12/ 13/ 2016, 04:26:11 PM »
I haven't seen much of One Piece (maybe about 30 eps), but it's definitely my favourite long-running shounen show out of all the other ones. I was supposed to be done with the series by now, but then I watched too much anime and now I'm behind on those shows and now I have to finish those shows before watching anything else and I'm terrible. In due time, I say.

Do yourself a favour mate and read the manga.
Even as a hardcore fan I really cannot recommend the anime cause it is excessively long, really bad animation at the start and even now the animation quality preeeeeetty bad, and the anime horribly paced.
It's particularly bad in the later arcs where they are literally doing a chapter an episode or even 4 panel side stories into full episodes.

So yeah read the manga. Unless you're 700+ episodes in and it's too dark to turn back

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
One Piece
« Reply #6 on: 12/ 13/ 2016, 07:31:46 PM »
Wow, when you put it like that, maybe I will read the manga. I'm still gonna try the anime, though, on my neverending quest to see All The Animes™. The things studios do with adaptations seriously pisses me off sometimes.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
One Piece
« Reply #7 on: 12/ 23/ 2016, 12:26:56 PM »

Overwatch meets One Piece

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
One Piece
« Reply #8 on: 01/ 07/ 2017, 02:22:48 AM »
Watching more of the anime and we're about a year behind the manga so that means entering the year of Sanji!!!

Annnd in the arc Sanji once more leaves the crew for an unexpected reason meaning he gets less screen time. At least the arc is based around him but I'd rather have more of Sanji rather than more about Sanji