YAY SCIENCE!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: YAY SCIENCE!  (Read 63697 times)

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
YAY SCIENCE!
« on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 07:13:42 AM »
For pictures of awesome things THAT DO SCIENCE.

« Last Edit: 08/ 15/ 2011, 12:20:56 PM by Topher »

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Re: YAY SCIENCE!
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 11:34:43 AM »

Wintersocks

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 12:45:03 PM »
The laser rifle: It is here. And it's badass.

DimebagAbbottRIP

• nubbin
  • Dr. Patches is My Hero
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 07:49:22 PM »
Name the compound:

Science in action:

Zeph

• nubbin
  • Brock "Aznable" Samson
  • Badges SCIENCE!
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 08:03:35 PM »
Here is an image of a CF4 (tetrafluoromethane, i.e. freon) etching chamber I made a long time ago. What you see here is a plasma struck using a high voltage across two stainless steel discs with CF4 gas in the middle. This is very similar to the neon lights you see at bars. I always liked how the purple light emitted from the plasma wraps around one of the stainless steel electrodes.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #5 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 08:34:06 PM »
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/01/17/reimu-chibimaris-desktop-dancing/

Check out the first video. Augmented reality is the fucking future!

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #6 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 11:07:01 PM »
Here is an image of a CF4 (tetrafluoromethane, i.e. freon) etching chamber I made a long time ago. What you see here is a plasma struck using a high voltage across two stainless steel discs with CF4 gas in the middle. This is very similar to the neon lights you see at bars. I always liked how the purple light emitted from the plasma wraps around one of the stainless steel electrodes.

Holy shit... that's AWESOME.

Zeph

• nubbin
  • Brock "Aznable" Samson
  • Badges SCIENCE!
« Reply #7 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 11:19:09 PM »
Since I guess I am in the "SCIENCE!" field, when I get around I'll post a few other crazy pictures I have amassed over the years. Mainly pretty plasma pictures, large deposition chambers, and some scanning electron microscope images.

TheCleaningGuy

• nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night
    • Siliconera
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 11:34:47 PM »
Bill Nye is actually kind of a dick. It's a bummer, too. He gets REALLY pissed if you call him "Bill Nye the Science Guy".
I've seen him in stores, but he's gotten mad at one of my friends before. No screaming or anything, just a stern "DON'T call me that."

Wintersocks

•   
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 02:31:53 AM »
Bill Nye is actually kind of a dick. It's a bummer, too. He gets REALLY pissed if you call him "Bill Nye the Science Guy".
I've seen him in stores, but he's gotten mad at one of my friends before. No screaming or anything, just a stern "DON'T call me that."

Can you imagine if your show name was Name Lastname the Penis Monger, and everybody knew that that was your fictional stage persona, but continued to call you Penis Monger instead of your real name. Shit would suck.

Wintersocks

•   
« Reply #10 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 02:35:05 AM »
Teslas planned death ray:

Was supposed to be able to zap and destroy ships on the water and planes up to a kilometer above the death tower.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #11 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 02:42:31 AM »
Since I guess I am in the "SCIENCE!" field, when I get around I'll post a few other crazy pictures I have amassed over the years. Mainly pretty plasma pictures, large deposition chambers, and some scanning electron microscope images.

YES. This. Do eet.

Teslas planned death ray:Was supposed to be able to zap and destroy ships on the water and planes up to a kilometer above the death tower.

Shit was real, and it WORKED. Tesla is one of my all-time heroes.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #12 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 02:44:18 AM »
How did you like Tesla's performance in The Prestige?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #13 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 03:11:13 AM »
I loved that movie. I thought it was a really good portrayal of him as well, not even counting the fact it was Bowie. That movie combined too many of my favorite things for me not to love it. I dig that whole 19th century Houdini vibe. 

Also, fuck yeah Michael Caine.

Wintersocks

•   
« Reply #14 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 03:13:33 AM »
Tesla is awesome in Dark Void. \i love that game, despite all of it's faults. It was a great rent.

Zeph

• nubbin
  • Brock "Aznable" Samson
  • Badges SCIENCE!
« Reply #15 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 06:42:31 PM »
I can second the Bill Nye is kind of a dick comment. I met him once at a science fair and he basically was going around tearing apart student's projects & acting all holier than thou. After that day, Bill Nye was dead to me.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #16 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 12:27:24 PM »
Teslas planned death ray:

Was supposed to be able to zap and destroy ships on the water and planes up to a kilometer above the death tower.

OH MY GOD IS IT FUCKING NIKOLA TESLA TIME?

More on that tower.

If you like Tesla at all you should read RASL by Jeff Smith, the same guy who did BONE.

Dude seriously had a tragic life Edison was a dick to him and everyone betrayed him. A lot of people don't realise what an arsehole Edison was.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #17 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 01:09:20 PM »
I know it all too well. Fuck Edison. Name one thing that douche ever did that wasn't stolen from somebody else. Don't get me staaaaaaaahtid.

Technophile

• He is Tech. Honor him.
  • nubbin
  • I have gnomes, your argument is invalid.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Rockmelon Game Night
    • Da stuff I do.
« Reply #18 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 02:18:27 PM »
This is my science bag.  Set to some lovely music. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cd36WJ79z4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cd36WJ79z4</a>

There is a new show with Stephen Hawking that is going to be on sunday that I'm terribly excited about.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkuxKoMoxwM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkuxKoMoxwM</a>

Wintersocks

•   
« Reply #19 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 03:48:47 PM »
As of current, my brother is doing the SCIENCE. He is researching supercold plasmas, which are awesome, cause plasmas are usually hot. They also store atoms.