The Dillinger Escape Plan
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Dillinger Escape Plan  (Read 4678 times)

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
  • Baby, you'd look good in a dumpster.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Rockmelon Game Night Beedog Approved Sauninda Manly Man Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 07:25:27 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNb-YT5ECA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNb-YT5ECA</a>

If you like loud, raucous, technical, forward thinking, utterly bananas music, chances are you probably
like The Dillinger Escape Plan. Any other fans besides myself? (and Topher obviously)

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Re: The Dillinger Escape Plan
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 07:56:02 PM »
Bout damn time someone made a thread for my favorite band. I wasn't able to to catch them the last time they came to Baltimore, but I'll see them at the Warped Tour this year and the next time they come around.

So, how about Option Paralysis? Pretty fucking awesome, huh?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 22/ 2010, 08:38:19 PM »
There will definitely be more Dillinger in future episodes. I don't wanna spoil anything by saying which songs, but the season finale especially.

TheCleaningGuy

• nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night
    • Siliconera
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 12:45:04 AM »
I keep trying and trying to like DEP. I love about 80% of Ire Works (because it's fucking fantastic), but for tracks like "Fix Your Face" and "Lurch" I just can't stand the vocals. Any tips on easing into them?

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Rockmelon Game Night Beedog Approved Sauninda Manly Man Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 02:40:43 AM »
PREPARE TO SUFFER!

Honestly I got none. I got into Dillinger after listening to Hardcore Punk and Death Metal for ages, and even then it took me a while to appreciate them. 

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #5 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 03:03:01 AM »
Ya I'm not feeling this at all but then I don't really like metal.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #6 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 08:19:51 AM »
I keep trying and trying to like DEP. I love about 80% of Ire Works (because it's fucking fantastic), but for tracks like "Fix Your Face" and "Lurch" I just can't stand the vocals. Any tips on easing into them?

there just ain't no easing into a band like Dillinger.

my fave tracks are still 43% Burnt and The Mullet Burden nothing like those tracks plus Converge's Homewrecker to jump start my day.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #7 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 10:06:53 AM »
It's not for everybody. Chances are if it doesn't instantly sink its hooks into you, you might as well move on. Not really something you can "learn" to like. I loved them the second I first heard them, but I can understand why a lot of people don't feel that way. Screaming and chaotic time signatures are not everybody's cup of tea. They're sure as hell my cup of tea though.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
Yer, if you dont dig what topher said (chaotic time sigs, screaming insanity) you could try Thrice (first three albums only XD) or Battles

Think of it as a scale of sorts

Dillinger - top of scale

Thrice - midground w/ odd time sigs

Battles - low end of the crazies but still really really awesome and w/ odd time sigs

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et0J3KQxkgg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et0J3KQxkgg</a>

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockstar
« Reply #10 on: 05/ 02/ 2010, 07:20:14 PM »
I fucking love this band and Ire Works is brilliance.

TheCleaningGuy

• nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night
    • Siliconera
« Reply #11 on: 05/ 03/ 2010, 10:28:26 PM »
Look, Operation Paralysis for $5 on Amazon this month? Worth it?
http://www.amazon.com/Option-Paralysis-Bonus-Version/dp/B0035MLBAI/ref=br_lf_m_1000371251_3_66_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&pf_rd_p=1262380722&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000371251&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0RG5VSFFVDRQBRQNXST9

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
« Reply #12 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 09:59:28 AM »
Without a shadow of a doubt.

Jesus H Christ

• nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #13 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 10:15:15 AM »
Chances are if it doesn't instantly sink its hooks into you, you might as well move on.

I remember the first time I heard them. A friend sent me the .mp3 for 43% Burnt, and I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had no idea people made music like that. During the clean jazzy part I was thinking oh my god and I think when the part came up near the end where the music stops for a second and the guitars and snare ecco a couple times my jaw dropped.

Although I'm sad to say I think each album hasn't been as good as the last. There's hardly anything on Option that I can get into. :/

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #14 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 03:20:54 PM »
I'm the exact opposite. Their album have just gotten better and better. It might just be that I really don't like their original singer. He's not bad or anything, I just don't like his sound. Greg is a much better singer in my opinion.

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 10/ 2010, 07:30:16 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95NFsb5A7So" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95NFsb5A7So</a>

God I wish I was there. Even though I would've only been 12 and wouldn't have had a clue of what was going on.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 14/ 2010, 11:21:26 AM »
Hey guys, your band is on Marvel.com with a (really short) interview.

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.12501.marvel_one_on_one~colon~_dillinger_escape_plan

Jesus H Christ

• nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #17 on: 05/ 14/ 2010, 01:00:12 PM »
Hey guys, your band is on Marvel.com with a (really short) interview.

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.12501.marvel_one_on_one~colon~_dillinger_escape_plan

"Jeff Tuttle and Billy Rymer"

Jesus I don't even know whos in that band anymore.

TheCleaningGuy

• nubbin
    • Siliconera
« Reply #18 on: 05/ 17/ 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
Many,  many thanks to xibalba for recommending Battles. That shit is awesome.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #19 on: 05/ 17/ 2010, 11:44:46 PM »
Many,  many thanks to xibalba for recommending Battles. That shit is awesome.

no problems! :D