Currently Airing Anime
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Airing Anime  (Read 509694 times)

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 05:37:44 AM »
If you have one, you can add show's to your MAL by going through the show links below.

Premiere dates and air times

July 1
04:00 AM - Enmusubi no Youko-chan
05:00 AM - Kakegurui
05:30 AM - Hina Logi
07:00 AM - Koi to Uso
07:00 AM - Fate/Apocrypha
07:30 AM - Katsugeki Touken Ranbu
08:00 AM - Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ

July 2
04:00 AM - Knight's & Maigc
07;00 AM - Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
07:30 AM - Battle Girl High School

July 3
06:00 AM - Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
08:35 AM - Isekai Shokudou
08:59 AM - Nana Maru San Batsu

July 5
05:30 AM - Saiyuuki Reload Blast
07:55 AM - Dive!!

July 6
08:58 AM - Kobini Kareshi
09:28 AM - Action Heroine Cheer Fruits

July 7
04:30 AM - Made in Abyss
05:00 AM - 18if
05:30 AM - Vatican Kiseki Chousakan
07:30 AM - Jikan no Shihaisha
09:08 AM - Ballroom e Youkoso
09:25 AM - Shoukoku no Altair

July 8
06:30 AM - Hitorijime My Hero

July 9
05:00 AM - Centaur no Nayami
06:00 AM - Princess Principal

July 10
03:00 AM - Tenshi no 3P!

July 11
03:30 AM - Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
04:30 AM - New Game!!
08:35 AM - Mahoujin Guru Guru

July 12
05:30 AM - Clione no Akari
06:00 AM - Hajimete no Gal
06:30 AM - Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

July 13
04:00 AM - Gamers!
07:00 AM - Jigoku Shoujo Yoi no Togi

July 22
06:00 AM - The Reflection Wave One

August 12
00:00 XX = Owarimonogatari (Ge)

Air dates and times are PST and are based off the earliest airing available in Japan.

-Jack
« Last Edit: 06/ 27/ 2017, 10:37:49 AM by Jack Hollow, Reason: Added Summer 2017 Schedule »

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Re: Anime Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 06:46:21 AM »
Nice Boat actually originated from School Days. They didn't air the last episode but instead they aired footage of a boat. The reason they didn't air the episode that week was because a few days prior a girl had murdered her father with an axe. The last episode of School Days had a scene in the same vein of that.

I never did get around to watching Higurashi, I know that I should though.

Here's what I'm currently watching and enjoying: Arakawa under the Bridge, Katanagatari, House of the Five Leaves, Heroman, B gata H kei, Major Season 6, Durarara, Angel Beats, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and of course K-ON!!

I am watching a few of the other shows this season but they haven't won me over yet.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 06:49:23 AM »
Nice Boat actually originated from School Days. They didn't air the last episode but instead they aired footage of a boat. The reason they didn't air the episode that week was because a few days prior a girl had murdered her father with an axe. The last episode of School Days had a scene in the same vein of that.

Ah ok see I'll have to look into that too. There is similarly a girl with an axe in Hiro which I guess is why I got confused. The girls on this show have the CREEPIEST FUCKING LAUGHS EVER.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and of course K-ON!!

FUCK YES AND FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES!
 Ri-Chan and Azu-Nyan <333333333333

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 06:53:28 AM »
<3 Azu-nyan~~~ :3

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 06:57:09 AM »
You can totally tell that they like tripled the budget for K-ON!! Even though it's still more of the same stuff as in the first season, the show is just something you chill too. Also the bit when Yui was imagining she was getting slapped in the face with the wad of cash had me on the floor.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #5 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 07:00:41 AM »
I haven't gotten around to watching any of the new season. Are they playing their fucking instruments yet?

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
« Reply #6 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 07:09:14 AM »
eehhhh.... Yui plays for like a 1m30s at the beginning of ep1 and later they play the freshmen orientation but it just skips right to the end of it. Other than that, nope. I'm pretty sure they're going to start playing on ep4 (I hope).

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #7 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 07:17:42 AM »
The last episode was about Ri-Chan. So I am totally ok with them not playing instruments. Also, I think all three of us seem to have the same love for Azu-Nyan.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 07:23:23 AM »
yup

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 07:51:04 AM »
She's my favorite by far. The black twintails, the voice, the desire to play some goddamned music. Also, that episode with the kitten? Fucking killer.

"nn.. nnnn... doushiyou?"

I died.

Zeph

• nubbin
  • Brock "Aznable" Samson
  • Badges SCIENCE!
« Reply #10 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 08:12:04 AM »
Just finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam (original series), and I was extremely impressed on how well a 30 year old series stands up to the test of time. I thought it was much better than Gundam Wing, which was my intro into the Gundam universe, and the original Macross/Robotech series I watched as a kid.

Now watching Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (second series), which seems to be even better than the originally, mainly due to more Char Aznable. I am a sucker for older animation styles, when computer generated artwork and coloring was still not as a predominate factor in the animation style. It is really cool to see how well the animation quality increased between the two series, even though they were only 5 years apart. For the time, Zeta Gundam must have been one of the best looking animes out there.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #11 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 11:56:51 AM »
lol, may as well have made this a K-On!! thread :3

On a K-On!! note, this week's episode was enjoyable, need moar Ritsu back story. Haven't had time to watch much back log lately, but I've been keeping up with the current season. DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR continues to be pretty stellar week in week out.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

I've NEVER understood the huge following behind this show. I had all 3 seasons ready to watch but couldn't make it through the first of the first one.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #12 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 02:02:01 PM »
Today when I went into Sam Goody to buy the Reimu I bought, a guy told me about an anime called "When they cry."

One of my favourite animes. Technically "When the Cicadas Cry". I haven't seen Rei yet, however.

I've NEVER understood the huge following behind this show. I had all 3 seasons ready to watch but couldn't make it through the first of the first one.

Man, you'll understand once you get through the first five episodes.

I haven't watched anime in a while. Think I've been too lazy. XD Last anime I watched (only saw the first episode) was Ayakashi. It was made by the same dude who did Vampire Hunter D and did art for the first Final Fantasy games. Seems pretty cool, but I got busy with things after the first episode and forgot about it. Now I'm too lazy. Before that I was watching Desert Punk and D-Gray Man, though I paused for some reason. Man, I'm an anime failure.

Current top favourite anime is probably Ergo Proxy. Amazing story, characters, world, everything. I just wish emo kids would stop using Re-l's face for shit.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #13 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 02:20:45 PM »
Man, you'll understand once you get through the first five episodes.

If I remember right, the first 2 or 3 episodes were really good, then it became boring and I dropped it D:
I just wish emo kids would stop using Re-l's face for shit.

Agreed, but god is she sexy. Very awesome show, both in story and atmosphere.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #14 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 02:26:10 PM »
 I just watched Trinity Blood again. God I love that show. I wish the writer had been able to finish before he died :( As it stands, the ending is BS.

Bourbonite

• nubbin
« Reply #15 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
Watching Serial Experiments Lain for the 3rd time. Still confuses the hell out of me, yet I still love it.
Does anyone know of any similar anime?

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
« Reply #16 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 05:56:06 PM »
Watching Serial Experiments Lain for the 3rd time. Still confuses the hell out of me, yet I still love it.

You could try Ghost Hound. I only watched the first episode but it felt similar even though the settings are completely different. There's also Texhnolyze, I watched the first dvd didn't know what the shits was going on so I kinda gave up on it. Its overall rating on ANN is pretty good though.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #17 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
If I remember right, the first 2 or 3 episodes were really good, then it became boring and I dropped it D:

Don't do that. It starts off really slow and then builds up to it's climax.

On a separate note:

I actually don't understand people who will drop something 2-3 episodes in and say they didn't like it. It's like watching the first 5 minutes of a movie, and then yelling out in the middle of the theater: "THIS MOVIE IS ASS!"

Normally, you watch the whole movie and then form your opinion, or at at the very least, half the movie. Now if the anime is airing and you don't feel like keeping up with it, that is understandable, but once you've got all the episodes sitting in front you, theres no point in turning back at that point.

If your still bored by episode 10, I will apologize

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #18 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 06:31:22 PM »

It actually does make sense if you watch it enough times.

You could try Ghost Hound. I only watched the first episode but it felt similar even though the settings are completely different. There's also Texhnolyze, I watched the first dvd didn't know what the shits was going on so I kinda gave up on it. Its overall rating on ANN is pretty good though.

Loved the shit out of Texhnolyze. It's less confusing than Serial Experiments Lain, but it still gets that surreal atmosphere now and then. Especially during the beginning few episodes. I had no idea what was happening then, but I kept watching. Then I started understanding as time progressed, which is one of the beauties of that show I think.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
« Reply #19 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 06:53:51 PM »
Don't do that. It starts off really slow and then builds up to it's climax.

On a separate note:

I actually don't understand people who will drop something 2-3 episodes in and say they didn't like it. It's like watching the first 5 minutes of a movie, and then yelling out in the middle of the theater: "THIS MOVIE IS ASS!"

Normally, you watch the whole movie and then form your opinion, or at at the very least, half the movie. Now if the anime is airing and you don't feel like keeping up with it, that is understandable, but once you've got all the episodes sitting in front you, theres no point in turning back at that point.

If your still bored by episode 10, I will apologize

I don't understand why someone would continue to watch something if they aren't enjoying it though. It's not work, you're supposed to be watching it out of enjoyment. 3 episodes is usually my threshold for starting new shows; something needs to have happened by then, or at least shown promise of happening, in order for me to keep watching. I try not to prejudge shows before they air, so I usually give everything a chance.

Also, I went back and looked; I watched the first 11.