Currently Airing Anime
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Airing Anime  (Read 275024 times)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Re: Anime Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 11:29:21 AM »
Kimi ni Todoke is pretty much awesome. The characters are terrific =D

It's a very good show, but I feel too involved with it. Sometimes when the inevitable "misunderstanding"  happens, it's hard to watch.

Neonie, if you like being made uncomfortable, watch Perfect Blue...like now. Also there's a really funny loli character in Saki. The show isn't about her, but she very nearly steals it when it's her turn to play Mahjong.

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #61 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 11:30:20 AM »
doing some Gurren Lagann now with pizza lunch :D

New Nightmare tomorrow night, hope that doesn't blow!

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
  • Badges Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Spotted Memebon Happy Babies! Rockmelon Game Night
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #62 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 11:36:48 AM »
My problem is that I like everything.  I mean, all genres.  It's really hard to pick something and watch it.  On top of that, I have so many other interests, it's hard to find time to watch.  

Here are just some of the series I've started that I need to finish (or get back to).

Naruto Shippuuden (Don't judge me!)
Bleach
Hikaru no Go
Hajime no Ippo (aka Fighting Spirit)
Trigun
Saki
Mushishi
K-On
FLCL
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

There are plenty of others, too.  Who has the time?! -_-;

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #63 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 12:31:47 PM »
My problem is that I like everything.  I mean, all genres.  It's really hard to pick something and watch it.  On top of that, I have so many other interests, it's hard to find time to watch.  

Here are just some of the series I've started that I need to finish (or get back to).

Bleach
Hikaru no Go
Hajime no Ippo (aka Fighting Spirit)
Trigun
Saki
Mushishi
K-On
FLCL
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

There is never enough time. I did watch one episode of GL...not bad.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Regular Adventure
« Reply #64 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 12:47:01 PM »
How is the Ippo anime show?

I like the manga because it is just badass!
And I only read Hikaru...

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
  • Badges Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Spotted Memebon Happy Babies! Rockmelon Game Night
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #65 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 01:16:50 PM »
I enjoy what I've seen so far (about 4 volumes, I think).  I haven't read any of the manga, but I've really loved what I've seen of the anime.  The characterizations are strong and the plot feels very well paced.

The animation is really strong, too.  The fights really feel brutal.

If you liked the manga, odds are really good you'll like the anime.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #66 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 03:01:18 PM »
Ill just throw up a few that have def made an impact on me. I've had a love affair with Anime since the early 90's back when this syndicated channel (i think it was syndicated) use to show anime every fri and sat night at like midnight. I was exposed to Wicked City, Vampire Hunter D, Barefoot Gen, Doomed Megalopolis (fucking heart this), among many other twisted anime, which i feel hasn't been replicated in a while although some have come close.

Record of Lodoss Wars - First VHS i ever bought and is probably the only Fantasy/Knights/Etc anime that i truely adore.

Serial Experiements Lain - First DVD i ever bought, love it and the music dearly.

Studio Gainax - i dont really know what they've done recently but FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, Gunbuster, Otaku No Video, Ebichu all are huge faves of mine.

Azumanga Daioh - one of the few (very few) cutiesy anime i like, this did make me shead a tear near the end. liked it so much i even got the giant "graphic novel" manga that collected all of the volumes.

Cowboy Bebop - i loved this series (minus the movie) it flowed really well had great and equal amts of drama, comedy etc. English Dub is fantastic.

Barefoot Gen - made me cry when i first saw it.

Blood The Last Vampire - a little overrated but still an enjoyable short. never got around to watching the Blood + series.

Blue Sub 6 - excellent and a wonderful ending to boot. animation is beautiful

Boogiepop Phantom - dunno what to say about this doesnt make a whole lot of sense but usually the fucked up ones dont :)

.hack//sign - this series to me is leagues beyond all of the other .hack franchises. the soundtrack is A+ material and the story is beautiful.

Satoshi Kon - anything by this fucked up individual - Perfect Blue, Paprika, Millennium Actress, Paranoia Agent, Tokyo Godfathers.

All of the anime by Makoto Shinkai has made me cry - She and Her Cat, Voices of a Distant Star, Place Promised in our Early Days and 5 Centimeters Per Second this is without a doubt my fave anime ever, it hit me pretty hard to where i can't watch it again, it makes me that sad.

Iria - :) sci-fi

Excel Saga - i recommend the first half of the series, makes me laugh everytime.

Now and Then, Here and There - very touching story that spans time and space

Planetes - funny, dramatic where the main characters are space garbage collectors.

Gantz - decent and entertaining

Last Exile

Macross Plus - dunno if it was the combination of the ending plus the ending music but made me sad, great OVA.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #67 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 04:38:08 PM »
How is the Ippo anime show?
I didn't read the manga, but the anime was great. I'm not even that much in to sports anime but I couldn't put Ippo down. I think I watched all of it and Next Challenger in a week. Sooooo good.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #68 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 05:58:04 PM »

Bleach

I will judge you SO HARD. *shakes fist*
Just kidding, but you know that.  (hahahah I just saw your happy babies award. BWAHAHA. Awesome!)

Xibalba - I think everyone should be made to watch Azumanga Daioh. Sharp and I have a friend who doesn't like it and he is literally the only person ever that has come to me with that opinion. I suspect there may be something wrong with him.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #69 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 09:30:47 PM »
I will judge you SO HARD. *shakes fist*
Just kidding, but you know that.  (hahahah I just saw your happy babies award. BWAHAHA. Awesome!)

Xibalba - I think everyone should be made to watch Azumanga Daioh. Sharp and I have a friend who doesn't like it and he is literally the only person ever that has come to me with that opinion. I suspect there may be something wrong with him.

Shonen isn't for everyone, their like gateway anime. You watch Shonen shows until someone slaps you in the face and tells you there are better anime out there and shows you Gurren Lagann, and by then it's to late, your already trying to learn Japanese and planning your trip to Akihabara.

Gotenks0053

• nubbin
  • ALPHA BETA!
« Reply #70 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 09:52:19 PM »
Shonen isn't for everyone, their like gateway anime. You watch Shonen shows until someone slaps you in the face and tells you there are better anime out there and shows you Gurren Lagann, and by then it's to late, your already trying to learn Japanese and planning your trip to Akihabara.

I like shonen anime still.  Does that make me bad at watching anime?

For the record: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Gotenks0053

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #71 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 09:54:01 PM »
I like shonen anime still.  Does that make me bad at watching anime?

Nope :O

You can like it if you want :)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
« Reply #72 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 02:05:19 AM »
For the most part I was teasing Sharp about Bleach & Naruto. Different strokes for different folks. I do like shonen, but nothing that seems to catch on like Bleach and Naruto did. For me I liked Hunter x Hunter, D Gray Man and I just read through vol 12 of One Piece (all manga) - One Piece takes a long time to get really running. Wow.

Which reminds me, if Dragonball Kai is what they say it is (all filler gone) then I am down to watch that too.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #73 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 08:21:53 AM »

i think so too! seriously i pretty much dislike almost all cute anime but this one is just different somehow to the point that i dont understand how people could dislike it.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #74 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 08:24:04 AM »
i pretty much dislike almost all cute anime

I...don't...understand...*head explodes*

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #75 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 08:40:47 AM »
I...don't...understand...*head explodes*
haha i think it has a lot to do with all of the anime i was exposed to as a kid/teen plus the fact i enjoy lots of horror and scary twisted stuff (plz dont confuse with goth, not that there is anything wrong with being goth) plus i think i mentioned  before that the channel that i watched anime on a long long time ago always showed wicked city, ninja scroll, barefoot gen, doomed megalopolis etc.

Oh and i also think i forgot to mention that i am/was a huge tenchi fan pretty much obsessed with that, dunno if that counts as cute or not

Sorries!

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #76 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 08:46:44 AM »
lol i think it's just  that I really really like cute things, as a male I kind of fail in that respect. I would rather watch cute girls doing cute things then MANLY MAN BEING MANLY AND MOVING GIANT BOULDER WITH HIS TEEEEEEEEEEEEETH.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #77 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 09:14:55 AM »
MANLY MAN BEING MANLY AND MOVING GIANT BOULDER WITH HIS TEEEEEEEEEEEEETH.

This sounds like the greatest show ever made. Also, for any horror fans, Ghost Hunt was good. Not really scary, but still good.

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #78 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 11:03:24 AM »
Come to think of it, I've never watched any horror anime.  What's the best?  And / or: what's good that I can stream?

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #79 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 11:06:29 AM »
Come to think of it, I've never watched any horror anime.  What's the best?  And / or: what's good that I can stream?

http://www.animecrazy.net/higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-episode-1/

start here.