Currently Airing Anime
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Airing Anime  (Read 509927 times)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Re: Anime Discussion Thread
« Reply #80 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 11:19:21 AM »
There's always Hell Girl/ Jigoku Shoujo. I had to stop watching it after the episode with the vet. Creeped me the hell out.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #81 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
Sooo, K-On!! 4 just happened.

There was Cow rubbing:

and face stretching:

All I can say is brace for lots of Yui laughing... You've been warned.

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
  • Badges Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Spotted Memebon Happy Babies! Rockmelon Game Night
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #82 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 02:03:09 PM »
I know I asked for horror anime, fryfry, but that might be a little to scary for me. I don't wanna get nightmares.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #83 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 02:13:21 PM »
I know I asked for horror anime, fryfry, but that might be a little to scary for me. I don't wanna get nightmares.

Ghost Hunt. Great beginner horror.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #84 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 02:13:39 PM »

But moe-mares are the best!

As far as horror shows go, I've actually never watched any. Plenty of thriller shows, but nothing that I would call scary.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #85 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 02:15:33 PM »
But moe-mares are the best!

As far as horror shows go, I've actually never watched any. Plenty of thriller shows, but nothing that I would call scary.

^ agreed i dont think ive ever seen an anime that has scared me like watching an actual horror film.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #86 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 02:16:39 PM »
I am of the opinion that disliking Azumanga Daioh means there is almost certainly something wrong with you. Especially if you like Haruhi or Lucky Star or anything remotely similar. It's like saying you love sci-fi but you don't like Star Wars OR Star Trek. Everything you know now only exists because of the first thing.

As for K-on!!, I have a love-hate relationship with that show. I'm not sure which way to lean.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #87 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
4 episodes into K-ON!! and I'm really loving the moe-ness of the show. Still haven't actually played any music yet :/

Also, Monster should be watched because it's a great thriller.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
« Reply #88 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
I am of the opinion that disliking Azumanga Daioh means there is almost certainly something wrong with you. Especially if you like Haruhi or Lucky Star or anything remotely similar.

Do people feel this way? That genuinely upsets me... I'd like to continue believing that the only people who don't like Azumanga are those that haven't seen it.
4 episodes into K-ON!! and I'm really loving the moe-ness of the show. Still haven't actually played any music yet :/

Sure they did! For like 5 seconds at the freshman orientation before they cut off and went to other BS. And when Ritsu decided that she wanted to switch from drums and made some noise. Sadly, it doesn't look like they're be any next week either...

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
  • Badges Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Spotted Memebon Happy Babies! Rockmelon Game Night
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #89 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 02:54:44 PM »
Also, Monster should be watched because it's a great thriller.

Concurred!  That's another one on my list of "must get back to".  It's really "talky", but tense and exciting.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #90 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 03:01:38 PM »
Do people feel this way? That genuinely upsets me... I'd like to continue believing that the only people who don't like Azumanga are those that haven't seen it.

The guy said he didn't like the pacing of it.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #91 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 03:13:52 PM »
The guy said he didn't like the pacing of it.

Then he has no sense of comedic timing, and may God have mercy on his poor, poor soul. The pace and timing is part of what made that series so brilliant.

Subenu

• nubbin
« Reply #92 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 03:58:17 PM »
Personally, I love K-ON!!
Even though, I have to admit that I do not know why I feel that way... It's just so relaxing to watch it I guess?

MechaSheva17

• nubbin
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #93 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 04:29:18 PM »
Am I the only one here who didn't like K-ON!? I don't hate it or anything but the show just felt sort of empty. The songs were catchy but the characters and jokes really didn't do anything for me. I've heard that this second season has gotten funnier though and if it does make me laugh then I can watch it. Anyway with Highschool of The Dead coming soon I was wondering, are there any other Anime with Zombies in it? I think the only time I've seen a zombie in Anime might have been in Hellsing, maybe.
« Last Edit: 04/ 28/ 2010, 06:27:39 PM by MechaSheva17 »

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
« Reply #94 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 06:52:22 PM »
Am I the only one here who didn't like K-ON!? I don't hate it or anything but the show just felt sort of empty.

I thought that something was wrong mentally with the"moe" character. Also, awesome Heroman user pic! *thumbs up!* That give me an excuse to post this pic.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #95 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 06:54:55 PM »
I'm kinda torn. The couple of episodes where they actually played their instruments or did a live I absolutely adored it because it brought back a lot of memories. When Azusa showed up and there was some rocking out for a change or when they were shopping for guitars I loved it.

But I'm not at all impressed with the cute they're trying to convince you of. When they're about to start practicing and then everyone suddenly falls on the floor and starts whining about sweets and pastries for two hours instead, it's like "No. That's not cute. Pick up your fucking guitar." 

There's no balance. They want you to coo and d'awww at them, which is fine, and I thought the episode with Azusa and the kitten was adorable. But too often it's like

"Practice time! Are you ready to rock?? YES?? MUSIC IS GO!! IKUYO 1-2-3-4........ cake and sleeping."

I just wish it was more about cute girls playing music and less about cute girls pretending to get ready to be almost about to maybe perhaps play music maybe tomorrow but only if they run out of cake.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #96 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 07:17:14 PM »
on the topic of musical anime, i really wish they would have done a second season of BECK. alot of great stuff happens when they go to america and beyond. i actually think thats the strongest part of the story. i mean jesus, the anime doesnt even get to them playing baby star! (which i assume the song brightest by husking bee was intended to be, since it was included on the keith CD).

but about k-on, i really enjoy it. its a super light series and i like having one of those going as much as i can. the OP and ED themes this season arent really doing anything for me, though.

MechaSheva17

• nubbin
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #97 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 07:29:17 PM »
I thought that something was wrong mentally with the"moe" character. Also, awesome Heroman user pic! *thumbs up!* That give me an excuse to post this pic.
*awesome picture

I'm glad I'm not the only one watching Hero Man! Its been getting better with every episode and I'm interested in how the rest of the story will play out. For now though its cool to just watch Hero Man kick some ass. And I have to agree with everything you said Topher. Though I think I might give the second season a shot when I find the time to watch it.

As for BECK, I've only watched the Anime and it was pretty good. Especially since around the time I started watching it, I was learning how to play guitar so I could relate to Koyuki and I'd like to see what happens when they get to America. So yeah I'm all for a BECK season two.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #98 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 08:27:07 PM »
I just wish it was more about cute girls playing music and less about cute girls pretending to get ready to be almost about to maybe perhaps play music maybe tomorrow but only if they run out of cake.

I thought that was the main theme of the show. It's about five girls who fight with all their spirit to be able to play instruments but are a step away from being able to do so each time. By the way if you watch K-On backwards it's about five girls who throw up pastries and then go to sleep sick :D

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
« Reply #99 on: 04/ 28/ 2010, 08:27:52 PM »
I'm kinda torn. The couple of episodes where they actually played their instruments or did a live I absolutely adored it because it brought back a lot of memories. When Azusa showed up and there was some rocking out for a change or when they were shopping for guitars I loved it.

But I'm not at all impressed with the cute they're trying to convince you of. When they're about to start practicing and then everyone suddenly falls on the floor and starts whining about sweets and pastries for two hours instead, it's like "No. That's not cute. Pick up your fucking guitar." 

There's no balance. They want you to coo and d'awww at them, which is fine, and I thought the episode with Azusa and the kitten was adorable. But too often it's like

"Practice time! Are you ready to rock?? YES?? MUSIC IS GO!! IKUYO 1-2-3-4........ cake and sleeping."

As much as it pains me to say this: give it time. The rumor going round is that this is going to be a 24 episode season. I haven't read the manga, but I'd be willing to guess that, because this is their senior year, they're going to be going to a music festival at some point. There will be music, don't lose hope!

And I agree with you all, the show is a love hate relationship for me as well. Over all, the first season was really pretty average. My love for all things cute is what made me enjoy it so much. Needs moar playing, less moe-ing. Oh, and more Azu-nyan. ALWAYS more Azu-nyan.