Currently Airing Anime
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Airing Anime  (Read 513790 times)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9240 on: 07/ 08/ 2015, 10:23:54 PM »
Also the first episode of Charlotte was pretty cool too.

That one is on my "to watch" list, too.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9241 on: 07/ 10/ 2015, 01:25:16 PM »
Something I only just realized after...20 or so years: High school anime males never have full facial hair. I've especially never seen a single MC in high school with facial hair. Huge eyebrows and huge hair, maybe, but never facial hair. Unless you count Freddie. But um...Let's not count Freddie. Am I just watching the wrong shows or something or....?

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9242 on: 07/ 10/ 2015, 01:44:27 PM »
To be fair, I haven't see any American cartoons that depict high school aged males with facial hair.

Think about it, I mean yeah around that age guys start getting some stubble coming in, but if you added that to a drawn character who is suppose to look like a teenager, your brain would not think that's a teenager being depicted on screen. The most animators could probably get away with is maybe like a soul patch or something.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9243 on: 07/ 10/ 2015, 03:22:51 PM »
I dunno, maybe I'm just going off of my own high-shool experience. I had a full beard at 16, and knew other guys who did as well. But yeah, now tht you mention it, it's the same for American animation. XD But still, they could at least put a chin beard or soul patch. I don't see any of that, though. Just stubble sometimes.

Maybe it's just more of a hassle to draw, in the long-run? I dunno.

In other news, every girl introduced in Jitsu wa is doing something mad fierce to my heartstrings. Holy shit, overload.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9244 on: 07/ 10/ 2015, 04:06:28 PM »
Welp Prison School is censored to hell in the super lazy LET THERE BE LIGHT way. It's still pretty damn funny, but the way it's censored could break some of the jokes later. Stuff like it's her fucking nipple. We'll see how it goes. And no, it's not being shown uncensored anywhere.

Crunchyroll is doing something interesting with this show My Wife is the Student Council President. You get the censored version if you don't have a subscription, but they have the uncensored version for subscribers. That's pretty brilliant and hopefully it becomes the standard. I just don't know if they would have to cut additional deals with pay channels like AT-X or the studios to get it, but it seems like a solid move.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9245 on: 07/ 10/ 2015, 04:13:26 PM »
ATX isn't premiering their version until Monday. I'm sure subgroups will start using the ATX raw whenever it lands on the internet sometime next week.

As far as all the fanservice and such in anime these days, I don't care. I really don't. If you're just showing 20+ minutes of panty shots and giant chests, okay. I'm getting entertained so s'all good with me. If you've got plot and no boobs, that's good too. Again, long as I'm getting entertained. I can watch To-Love Ru and then AnoHana and be entertained by both. 'Cause I'm not here to judge. Just show me some entertainment. Wether it be borderline hentai or a story that gets you right in the feels. I'm not picky.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9246 on: 07/ 10/ 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
It's censored on AT-X. Monster Musume is too. Although I think it aired uncensored on another network, weirdly enough.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9247 on: 07/ 10/ 2015, 05:13:50 PM »
As far as all the fanservice and such in anime these days, I don't care. I really don't. If you're just showing 20+ minutes of panty shots and giant chests, okay. I'm getting entertained so s'all good with me. If you've got plot and no boobs, that's good too. Again, long as I'm getting entertained. I can watch To-Love Ru and then AnoHana and be entertained by both. 'Cause I'm not here to judge. Just show me some entertainment. Wether it be borderline hentai or a story that gets you right in the feels. I'm not picky.

Pretty much where I stand (I prefer plot and character development and all that over pure fan service, but will still happily take the pure fan service). But I also know I'm not the only one who watches anime, so the world shouldn't just sit back and only cater to me.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9248 on: 07/ 11/ 2015, 08:43:15 AM »
In this case it has nothing to do with ecchi existing. Look at this shit. Why is that censored? Why the fuck is this censored? These are rhetorical questions, I know it's the production committee's call. Like if they had done something unobtrusive it would be fine, but get outta here with these giant, fuck-off light beams.

(I do wanna stress again that it's plenty funny despite this. FUCKU ME PLEASE)

Fanservice doesn't bother me as long as it fits the tone. Dumb shit like High School DxD and Highschool of the Dead or even non-ecchi focused stuff like Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill. But then there's something like Expelled from Paradise where the ass shots and jiggling boobs totally clash with everything else and it's distracting in a bad, unnecessary way.

What it really comes down to is that I'm looking for good shit, no matter the genre, tone, focus, whatever. And for stuff that isn't about fucking high school kids.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9249 on: 07/ 11/ 2015, 01:16:45 PM »
Yeah, my only problem with fanservice is when it gets too distracting. Like, I'm so interested in the story that the fanservice just doesn't fit and makes things feel off balance. Was like that at the beginning of Daimidaler for me, though it eventually leveled out properly or me and I loved it all.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9250 on: 07/ 11/ 2015, 01:54:48 PM »
Tangentially related since we're sorta talking about it.

The thing I find about folks that complain about to much fanservice or about X trope being used to much (not referring to anyone in here before someone gets their dander up) is that they seem to think that anime should be more than that. Implying that there shouldn't be anything that might offend anyone or anything that can be considered nothing but jerk off material for the male audience. And that's bullshit. I'm not saying it can't be more than that, there are certainly great examples of anime having the capacity to be an amazing story telling medium. But to say it should be only that and nothing else ever that might get looked down upon by someone is so very dumb. People that want their entertainment (wether it be anime, video games, movies, comics, novels, etc.) to be something more and be praised by everyone because for some reason they need validation never seem to understand that there will always be vastly different forms of their entertainment. Some will be praised highly, some will offend, some will be dumb, some will be targeted at a certain audience, and so on and so forth. And they all are valid forms of said entertainment.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9251 on: 07/ 11/ 2015, 03:16:43 PM »
Agreed. Changing the whole thing is silly, and just flips the coin around completely. The problem I have is mainly that the anime industry (unlike the manga industry) is mostly filled with stuff for dudes--considering Japan's culture, it's not surprising and I can't be mad at the result. I think everything that's there right now is fine, and doesn't need to change or go anywhere, we just need more stuff that girls can watch without feeling like the show wasn't made for them. I think this could be solved by getting more females into higher positions, instead of the giant Sausagefest going on, with guys that might have good intentions but are still just guys doing guy stuff. Also my whole opinion about video games.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9252 on: 07/ 11/ 2015, 06:48:24 PM »
Anyway. I find this topic, and many topics as of late, can be incredibly polarizing among people who still agree on other shit. So um...*Reads script*...POOP FART BANANAS WAWOO WAWOO BOING BOING~

Non Non Biyori gives me serious feels. Similar feels I get from Yotsubato and Barakamon. Like...indirect nostalgia? Makes me wish I'd grown up in a country small town instead of a suburban small town. But then I remember that everything is broken. XD

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9253 on: 07/ 12/ 2015, 06:47:54 AM »
I can't stand fan service anymore as I find it cringy and adds nothing of value to the show. Specifically talking about situations where the show isn't just tits and supposed to be an H show (I just sit those out completely). But it's the reason I almost dropped shokugeki and dungeon last season.

Idk, onset old man syndrome I guess.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9254 on: 07/ 12/ 2015, 07:06:17 AM »
There is a threshold for me.
I like fan service especially when it comes from a essentially non-fan service heavy show just to spice things up.

Something like To Love Ru first season I enjoyed when I was younger but now I probably couldn't stand it. The situations are too unbelievable and were going into Hentai levels of luck/ impossibility. I know it's silly of me to impose real world rules to an anime about hot alien babes but it's the setting in a school and other grounded elements that give me that mindset.
It also kills the pace for me. When a girl gets groped or sexually harassed/ uncomfortable position and there is 10 minutes of each character over reacting and the male fumbling/ getting beaten it just gets really old and tired.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9255 on: 07/ 12/ 2015, 11:40:10 AM »

It also kills the pace for me. When a girl gets groped or sexually harassed/ uncomfortable position and there is 10 minutes of each character over reacting and the male fumbling/ getting beaten it just gets really old and tired.

This shit annoys the hell out of me now. Just tired of seeing it all the time, especially when I'm into the show and they pull it out of nowhere and make things feel cheap. I've reached a point where I can tell when it's about to happen, and the subsequent altercation. "Where do you think you're looking/touching, baka/hentai." *Uppercut/slap/kick. Shot to bleeding guy/outer view of location. Guy makes noise.*

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9256 on: 07/ 12/ 2015, 12:07:01 PM »
I think all that ties into the fact that, like, 90% of anime is total trash. Evan more so now with how pandering shows can be just to sell the blu-rays and the source material. That's not to say something that uses a lot of tropes is inherently bad. Especially when they play with or subvert them. D-Frag was a recent example for me, in terms of  fanservice (see the gif I posted in the bear a little while ago). It's a matter of being discerning and supporting the cool shit you find.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9257 on: 07/ 12/ 2015, 12:27:14 PM »
Yeah, tropes aren't exactly horrible. They're great when done right. D-frag, Nisekoi, DxD, Nyaruko-san, and other good shows are filled to the brim with tropes. I just don't like feeling cheated out of stuff because the writers got lazy.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9258 on: 07/ 12/ 2015, 02:28:27 PM »
Unrelated to tropes, Usho & Tora is fucking rad. Gives me such 90s nostalgia (as it should).

So, Gangsta is only being streamed by Crunchyroll in French speaking countries. Suggested subs? Horrible or Underwater?

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9259 on: 07/ 12/ 2015, 02:47:17 PM »
Unrelated to tropes, Usho & Tora is fucking rad. Gives me such 90s nostalgia (as it should).

So, Gangsta is only being streamed by Crunchyroll in French speaking countries. Suggested subs? Horrible or Underwater?

Ushio to Tora is awesome as hell and I love it. It's a remake of an older show, so it's got that charm to it. Makes me feel 10 again, watching crazy shounen stuff where all the faces had the 90s Oblong going on.

Also, definitely Underwater. They're one of the better subbers, so they're barely comparable to HS.