Currently Airing Anime
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Airing Anime  (Read 517606 times)

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9280 on: 07/ 21/ 2015, 07:26:13 PM »
Ninja Slayer is so great because it'll give you all this ridiculousness and then drop some real emotional shit like these last 2 episodes with Yamoto-san and Cyber Ninja-san. And it works! The powerpoints aside, there are also some really well composed shots and great atmosphere. I feel bad for anyone that just can't get it, because it's legitimately great.

TRIGGER IS THE BEST FUCKING STUDIO AND I WON'T HEAR OTHERWISE

Also Bikini Warriors continues to be way better than it should be. This week they play with breaking and entering to loot people's houses. In some ways it's kind of the smartest use of these game tropes I've seen in a show.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9281 on: 07/ 22/ 2015, 12:54:17 PM »
Umaru-chan is my spirit animal.

She is living the dream.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9282 on: 07/ 22/ 2015, 04:15:12 PM »
Umaru-chan is my spirit animal.
She is living the dream.

Okay, watching it now. Oh my god, she is the fucking greatest. XDDDD

Also, hurray for GameCenter DX CX cameo.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9283 on: 07/ 22/ 2015, 11:49:27 PM »
Oh my god, she is the fucking greatest. XDDDD

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9284 on: 07/ 23/ 2015, 12:27:32 AM »
HAHAHAH. YES.

Umaru-chan's basically Maki and Tomoko mixed together. But, much less perverted than either.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9285 on: 07/ 28/ 2015, 09:49:07 PM »
WELP today I watched a dog perform cunnilingus on a lady in a micro-bikini. Fuckin anime.

Also slime girl 2 cute. And I think they forgot to erase Cerea's nips for a hot second.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9286 on: 07/ 30/ 2015, 11:05:31 PM »
SHIMONETA EPISODE 4 THO

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9287 on: 08/ 02/ 2015, 08:21:43 PM »
I still haven't seen all of the new shows, but I realize Shimoneta might legitimately be my favourite show this season. More than Monster Musume or Gakkou Gurashi. I love it so damn much, holy shit. Of course Fuwa Hyouka is Main Girl. ToT <3 <3 <3 I'll practice body melding with her.

SHIMONETA EPISODE 4 THO

I actually thought the "goo" on Tanukichi's balcony was semen, and the stalker was actually Gouriki. Then Otome would see him try to assault Tanukichi and things would get hilarious. BUT NOPE. I was not expecting that at all. I knew Anna was losing it, but I figured it would take way longer. But I am a-okay with the turnout. Though I think she just gained an enemy in Fuwa.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9288 on: 08/ 04/ 2015, 06:03:51 PM »
I haven't read that far into Gakkou Gurashi (the anime is already further than when I left off), so I dunno if this theory is correct or not. But I think that Megu is already dead, and she's just another figment of Yuki's imagination, another way to connect herself I the old world. I haven't seen any of the other characters react to her once outside of flashbacks, unless responding to something Yuki said.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9289 on: 08/ 04/ 2015, 06:42:23 PM »
EG mentioned that on the twitters, and since she brought it up, I couldn't stop noticing that the girls, other than Yuki, don't ever directly reply to Megu. This makes me sad if that is indeed the case. Add to that the whole "I'm being ignored" bit and it's like, "Oh shit, stuff is adding up."

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9290 on: 08/ 04/ 2015, 08:49:18 PM »
Ok I'm watching Gakkou Gurashi and THIS IS SO MY SHIT! The reveal of what's going on is just brilliant. It's totally one of those things like Madoka where if I didn't know the twist, I never would have watched it. Interesting theory about Megu-nee I saw: If she doesn't exist for real, she's basically the rational part of Yuki's brain. For example, Yuki realizes they need to go run for supplies, but to keep with the happy school life delusion, Megu-nee is there to frame it as a test of courage. The other girls acknowledge this as a way to encourage Yuki to stay smart and avoid the zambies.

And monster girls continues to bring it with Jojo's and Metal Gear references.

Speaking of, the character singles are out soon and Centoria's songs are

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJOQ2siJ2j4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJOQ2siJ2j4</a>

FUCKING BITCHIN'

Also

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3RxycLwmnQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3RxycLwmnQ</a>

Papi wa harpy!
« Last Edit: 08/ 07/ 2015, 11:18:28 PM by Jack Hollow »

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9291 on: 08/ 04/ 2015, 09:53:08 PM »
EG mentioned that on the twitters, and since she brought it up, I couldn't stop noticing that the girls, other than Yuki, don't ever directly reply to Megu. This makes me sad if that is indeed the case. Add to that the whole "I'm being ignored" bit and it's like, "Oh shit, stuff is adding up."

It's possibly the most depressing theory ever, but it all adds up too well. Stuff felt off since the beginning (even in the manga), so I'm certain it's a thing.

Interesting theory about Megu-nee I saw: If she doesn't exist for real, she's basically the rational part of Yuki's brain. For example, Yuki realizes they need to go run for supplies, but to keep with the happy school life delusion, Megu-nee is there to frame it as a test of courage. The other girls acknowledge this as a way to encourage Yuki to stay smart and avoid the zambies.

This is also my theory. If she were a figment of Yuki's imagination, she knows way too much about their situation to not be Yuki's rational side. Also, when she was with Yuki during their "test of courage", and was hiding with her, she was Yuki's rational side keeping herself together in the fearful situation.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9292 on: 08/ 07/ 2015, 10:56:36 PM »
School-Live is masterfully directed. The cuts to black when Shovel Knight was killing Senpai was fucking genius. Not to mention all the symbolism and foreshadowing, it's just brilliant.
« Last Edit: 08/ 07/ 2015, 11:18:51 PM by Jack Hollow »

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9293 on: 08/ 11/ 2015, 10:45:07 PM »
School-Live is masterfully directed. The cuts to black when Shovel Knight was killing Senpai was fucking genius. Not to mention all the symbolism and foreshadowing, it's just brilliant.

Everything about it is brilliant. It just gets better and better with each episode. And with each episode the Megu theory seems more probable. Can't wait for the new episode to hear them make a possible explanation to Miki.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9294 on: 08/ 13/ 2015, 01:32:34 PM »
Caught up on School Live. FUCKING CALLED IT!

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9295 on: 08/ 13/ 2015, 01:36:27 PM »
I've not seen the new episode yet, but with all the evidence presented thus far, I'm not surprised. Good call, EG.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9296 on: 08/ 13/ 2015, 07:23:50 PM »
There's someone in the reddit threads that posts every week treating it like it's an actual moe slice of life. He's super committed. It's the best.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9297 on: 08/ 14/ 2015, 08:56:31 PM »
Caught up on School Live. FUCKING CALLED IT!

YEP. Was surprised they'd do it this early, though. Thought it would be part of the end-game. I have no other theories now, save for some unimportant ones regarding Miki's friend's whereabouts. I just think she'll either appear one last time and then die, or appear in zombie form at some point. Part of me wishes she would join the crew, but I doubt that'll happen.

In other news, finally caught up on Rokka no Yuusha. It's getting better and better with each episode. And I can say that I definitely do indeed absolutely love Flamie very much a lot very much a lot. T~T Which only went higher when she took off her headgear.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9298 on: 08/ 16/ 2015, 01:50:36 PM »
Anyone watching Youkai Watch? Is it any good? I was planning on watching the show for a while, but then they announced the NA release of the game so I figured I'd wait and play it first. But I might not be getting it this year, I realize, so maybe watching the show first would be better? Or worse? I dunno.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9299 on: 08/ 18/ 2015, 04:47:07 PM »
So in half an episode Rachnera has more character than all the other girls. I never would have thought she might be my favorite. But I am a