Currently Airing Anime
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Airing Anime  (Read 515202 times)

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9320 on: 10/ 02/ 2015, 10:40:39 PM »
New season of Durarara is great. Loved the Shizuo/Verona episode. I think it's really funny that he ended up with the weirdest harem. A socially awkward Russian that's out to kill him, 2 high school girls that are the sister of his worst enemy, an adorable little girl with a huge crush that ALSO wants to kill him, and Tom.

I'm mainly really interested in what happens with Mikado. I was thinking about this. The characters that are presented as the weirdest from the start, Shizuo and Celty, have the most normal personalities. And then the most normal characters, namely Mikado, end up falling deep into their obsessions and losing their minds. Mikado went from the most bland, nothing character to easily the most fascinating.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9321 on: 10/ 05/ 2015, 06:50:04 PM »
Viz is streaming One Punch Man through Hulu. Fuck that noise.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9322 on: 10/ 05/ 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
Viz is streaming One Punch Man through Hulu. Fuck that noise.

Yeah, that was the first I've watched something with non hardcoded subs on there and holy shit their subs are terrible. It's also on Daisuki. You just need to make an account to watch in HD.

But really none of that matters because it is fucking glorious. You can really tell they're putting a ton of effort into it. It's so beautiful. I knew it would be great, but it's surpassing my expectations. So good.

And only Monogatari could make 2 people talking in a classroom for 50 minutes super engaging. I don't there's any other series where I really can't pick a favorite girl. Gahara is tops, but then Ougi was weirdly sexy this whole episode and then Hanekawa shows up looking fine as hell.

I think I might that new Gundam series a shot. The way Sunrise is really pushing it over here makes it seem like they think it's a good introductory point.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9323 on: 10/ 06/ 2015, 05:57:16 AM »
Really annoyed Daisuki's app doesn't support chromecast.

Yuru Yuri was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. The animation still doesn't have the flair and timing that made the comedy in the first two seasons so great but it's still very watchable.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9324 on: 10/ 06/ 2015, 09:09:00 AM »
Really annoyed Daisuki's app doesn't support chromecast.

Sharp found an app called Plex and it allows you to stream media from your computer. There's an app for the phone and software to make your computer a server. We'll be setting it up shortly.

I too, am ruined by Chromecast. And I've only had it for a couple weeks.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9325 on: 10/ 06/ 2015, 09:27:35 AM »
DOUBLE POST.

I got through about 5 minutes. WTF is wrong with this season?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqLmjto03n8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqLmjto03n8</a>

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9326 on: 10/ 06/ 2015, 09:37:32 AM »
There seems to be a fair amount of random stuff this season that I imagine no one is gonna watch and is like two minutes long. I'll probably be watching only a few shows this season. Though for me that's like 20 as oppose to the usual 30+.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9327 on: 10/ 06/ 2015, 10:21:21 AM »
Sharp found an app called Plex and it allows you to stream media from your computer. There's an app for the phone and software to make your computer a server. We'll be setting it up shortly.

I too, am ruined by Chromecast. And I've only had it for a couple weeks.

I do use plex occasionally but it's not great with my laptop unfortunately.

I'm thinking of picking up an android box but I don't want to spend much and I can't figure out how cheap I can go that will still play anime.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9328 on: 10/ 06/ 2015, 02:40:09 PM »
And only Monogatari could make 2 people talking in a classroom for 50 minutes super engaging. I don't there's any other series where I really can't pick a favorite girl. Gahara is tops, but then Ougi was weirdly sexy this whole episode and then Hanekawa shows up looking fine as hell.

Just finished watching it for Japanator.
Yeah it was a surprisingly engaging episode and really good at explaining Araragi's lone wolf attitude.
Gahara is placed high for me just cause every episode she is in it is hilarious seeing her act a little dopey and out of character.

But I can't say no to Tsukihi Araragi

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9329 on: 10/ 12/ 2015, 01:09:52 AM »
This season has me a little excited. the past few have been pretty thin, i think. As of right now, I will be watching

Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans
Subete Ga F Ni Naru
Beautiful Bones: Sakurako's Investigation

and maybe
One Punch Man (havent watched it yet
Young Black Jack (watched the first episode, didnt love it)

I think Subete Ga F seems like the best thing this season. anyone else watching it?

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9330 on: 10/ 12/ 2015, 11:13:50 AM »
I'm watching it. First episode was kinda slow. But not boring. The dialogue kept me interested. Which is a good sign of writing since practically the whole episode took place in one office. Hoping to see what the show actually turns out to be about since the first episode didn't really give any solid hints.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9331 on: 10/ 21/ 2015, 10:58:50 PM »
I do use plex occasionally but it's not great with my laptop unfortunately.

I'm thinking of picking up an android box but I don't want to spend much and I can't figure out how cheap I can go that will still play anime.

I've been running Kodi off an Amazon Fire TV stick which ain't bad for 720p stuffs and $25 when it was on sale. Might upgrade to something a little faster though and real android. The nvidia shield tv is super tempting even though that's at the other end of the spectrum as being like the most expensive android tv box.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9332 on: 10/ 22/ 2015, 02:00:14 AM »
Still only watching sequels. Only new show that I hear I need to watch is One Punch Man. Might marathon it later, if I can finish my backlog before this season is out.

Also, Owari 2: WTF SPLATOON.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9333 on: 11/ 02/ 2015, 01:19:12 PM »
Miyu Matsuki (Anna, Kuuko) has passed away. From pneumonia, which she was being treated for since July.

I can't see them making any more Nyaruko after this. And I kind of don't want them to. It just wouldn't be the same.

Apparently she has one more anime coming out. She won't even be able to see it. Fucking shit...

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9334 on: 11/ 04/ 2015, 09:52:00 PM »
well thats terrible. i dont think ive ever seen a show she was in, though.

on a less tragic note, im still loving The Perfect Insider. i've been getting pretty burnt out on anime with cliche stuff in it like "after the _____, everyone has magic/is trapped in one city/need to collect this random magical substance to survive" plots and "its a high school, but everyone fights" plots and stuff like that so its super refreshing to watch something that is just about normal people in a normal world for a change.

anyone who has overlooked it or thought the first episode was boring i suggest checking it out.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9335 on: 12/ 07/ 2015, 10:21:33 AM »
This week on Caped Baldy

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9336 on: 12/ 20/ 2015, 08:27:00 AM »
Finally saw Little Witch Academia and it's crowd funded sequel to day.

They're both incredible! Professor Ursula is my waifu of 2015. She has the perfect mix of mature teacher and adorableness that goes with the show

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9337 on: 12/ 23/ 2015, 03:44:11 PM »
Osomatsu-san continues to be a delight. Highlight of the season for me.

One punch man was solid, but I'm sure you didn't need to hear that from me. Valkyrie Drive is the only other show I've really kept up with, so I'm hoping that has an appropriately stupid ending when the final episode drops this weekend.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9338 on: 12/ 24/ 2015, 05:56:44 PM »
I really liked this season of Yuru Yuri. It was nice to see more spent with the girls outside the amusement club. Everyone got time to shine, even down to the student council president and siblings. They even introduced classmates and teachers. Sakurako completely stole the show. She's such an idiot. I loved how they throw together unexpected pairings of characters to see how they would interact. That scene with Yui and Ayano! Very different in tone, but still great.

Also I like how Explosion-sensei just show up all casual like this

Oh hey, girls. Just being sexy over here.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9339 on: 12/ 26/ 2015, 03:34:01 PM »
2016 Winter Schedule is up. Pretty sure I got everything.