Currently Airing Anime
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Currently Airing Anime  (Read 509684 times)

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9560 on: 05/ 04/ 2017, 06:03:36 PM »
Pretty much that's what that means. It's all gone. But the internet being the Internet, people had backups of the site and from what I understand, the backups that are being used to rebuild are of everything that was on it up until April 6th of this year. Anything after that day is gone, but everything that was on the site up until that point should be available to download. Provided people are still seeding the files of course.

The backup is up and running and so far has basic functionality. But it has no tracker so I highly doubt anyone is gonna be using it to upload new stuff, but you can download old stuff before it fully dissapears. Like I said, I can PM you the link to the rebuild if you'd like.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9561 on: 05/ 04/ 2017, 11:01:06 PM »
Oh, up until April 6th. For some reason I read after April 6th, as if everything before that had been wiped. That makes things a lot better. Phew. I'm sure they can gather what was lost easily.

And yeah, I'll take that rebuild link. Can't do much with it atm, but for the future.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9562 on: 05/ 05/ 2017, 07:50:34 AM »
PM'ed

Here's hoping something new takes its place before the new season starts.

Or at the very least an aggregator pops up that's indexing from all over the place. 'Cause right now everyone's scattered every which way. Which in a way is good since decentralization is a good thing for this kinda stuff. Makes it harder for everything to die in one fell swoop. But now you gotta watch 490157 sites to see who's uploading what where. I know ShanaProject is still indexing, but it's very clearly only getting stuff from a few certain places. Here's hoping they expand their net to include more.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9563 on: 05/ 06/ 2017, 04:45:28 AM »
Just watched the Galko-chan OVA.
It's half an hour long! And full of Galko goodness. Not so much about the main three talking about female myths even if the title for each segment is introduced in that same style. It does still provide that feel good factor and expands the case giving a little screen time to Galko's sister and Otako's brother

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9564 on: 05/ 13/ 2017, 03:59:58 PM »
So finally up to date on all the new seasons shows. That took forever. Pretty decent season! Outta all the new shows, ReCreators is a stand out. Simply because I haven't seen the premise done in an anime before.

Of the sequels, holy shit, that Reiner and Berthold reveal in Shingeki! That has got to be one of the best moments I've seen in an anime in a while. 'Cause it's all

"Are we fucking doing this?"
"Yeah we're fucking doing this."

*splosion*
*dramatic music*

Hero Academia continues to be shounen trope goodness. Seriously, I mean that in a good way. Hard not to cheer on All Might's little cry baby apprentice.

And the only crossover from last season, Little Witch Academia, continues to be adorable.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9565 on: 06/ 19/ 2017, 11:59:29 AM »
I just fizzled on shows this season. We watched Attack on Titan (still need to see season finale) which I felt was slow in pacing.

My Hero Academia was great, but I actively dislike Bakugo now. He's got a chip on his shoulder of massive size and he keeps making excuses on why his victories aren't victorious enough. Fuck you, cranky. (and I have a high tolerance for cranky).

I'm like 6 eps behind on Sakura Quest, not because I dislike it, but because I'm forgetful. It's a good show.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9566 on: 06/ 20/ 2017, 08:17:01 PM »
My Hero Academia was great, but I actively dislike Bakugo now. He's got a chip on his shoulder of massive size and he keeps making excuses on why his victories aren't victorious enough. Fuck you, cranky. (and I have a high tolerance for cranky).

Sssaaaamme. Fuck that guy. I keep wanting to like him, but I just can't. He makes it so hard. Todoroki became what Bakugo would have been for me. Todoroki rocks.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9567 on: 06/ 21/ 2017, 11:17:06 AM »
Sssaaaamme. Fuck that guy. I keep wanting to like him, but I just can't. He makes it so hard. Todoroki became what Bakugo would have been for me. Todoroki rocks.

Todoroki at least had a reason for being an asshole. His dad is just the worst and took his whole family down just so he could have a sidekick to be better than All Might. Also, poor Iida. My glasses boy is having such sadness. <3

I'd like to know more about the supporting cast too.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9568 on: 06/ 21/ 2017, 11:35:50 AM »
I seriously need to catch up with My Hero Academia.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9569 on: 06/ 21/ 2017, 01:20:19 PM »
I seriously need to catch up with My Hero Academia.

Oh man, I'm glad I spoiler tagged it. :0 We watched both season 1 and 2 over the last couple months.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9570 on: 06/ 22/ 2017, 02:04:24 AM »
So, totally forgot to mention that the summer schedule is up. Did it late again this year. Responsibilities and such. Anyway, two weeks left till the new season!

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9571 on: 06/ 23/ 2017, 09:24:18 PM »
Oh my god, finally a season with only one new season (New Game) for me. Now I have more time to knock stuff off of my on-hold list. I'd be watching Jigoku Shoujo but I only had time to watch the first season literally years ago because of the--*Drum roll*--on-hold crap. Happy day.

Although, knowing me I'll probably end up watching another show because I'm a crazy person.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9572 on: 06/ 26/ 2017, 10:31:15 AM »
Started My Hero Academia and getting a lot of Sasuke/ Naruto vibes from Deku and Katsuki. Except where Sasuke was lauded as a genius/ last of his clan and mega popular, Katsuki actually gets treated like a friggin' psycho path that he is (which is oddly refreshing).

Really digging the artstyle (colorful and poppy). A constant annoyance is the building up of how much Deku has progressed. I feel we get at least 5 mins of the same clips repeated showing how Kasuki is a massive dick to Deku or how Deku had grown up without a power

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9573 on: 07/ 03/ 2017, 01:25:57 PM »
So, how about that FLCL2 and 3?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeTzMD3Hk4A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeTzMD3Hk4A</a>

via https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/3/15913772/flcl-2-and-3-trailer-anime-expo-2017-release-date-toonami

It is kind of weird, just doesn't feel quite right to me.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9574 on: 07/ 03/ 2017, 03:09:04 PM »
I expect the animation to be good but thats about it.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9575 on: 07/ 03/ 2017, 04:00:08 PM »
the music will also probably be good.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9576 on: 07/ 03/ 2017, 04:10:56 PM »
the music will also probably be good.

Soo glad the pillows are coming back to do their stuff.
It was this and Topher that got me into their albums Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake Up! and Fool on the Planet.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9577 on: 07/ 03/ 2017, 04:54:17 PM »
i knew them through the anime, but i got really into Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake Up! in particular because it was their latest record when i saw them live at anime boston.

oh man, what if they tour the US in some way to coincide with the new seasons? that would be epic.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9578 on: 07/ 03/ 2017, 11:19:16 PM »
I'm pumped as fuck for more FLCL. I'm sure it'll be good. Been waiting half my goddamn life.

I was also introduced to The Pillows through FLCL. Took up pretty much my entire high school years. Haven't listened to them in forever, though.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Currently Airing Anime
« Reply #9579 on: 07/ 04/ 2017, 03:51:47 PM »
Pretty much caught up with My Hero Academia bar one episode

@Mav Yeah I can see why you would want to like Bakugo. He has an awesome power and great character design. Really reminds of Sasuke, as that cool kinda of character.

I remember watching a youtube analysis of My Hero Academia as the anti-thesis of Naruto. Where Naruto wants to be Hokage and does so through his friends and allies, My Hero is about rising to the top through your own talents and skills. There are those born with these gifts that can cruise through life and those that have to work soo hard just to get a small percentage of that glory

And that's why I liked Deku/ Uraraka not winning the sports festival. They are clearly no match for those with natural talents as it is still super early in the show. I also like the fact that these characters are motivated for their own goals and actively voice them instead of being a pillar of support for the MC.