Films you've seen recently
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Films you've seen recently  (Read 97270 times)

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
  • Baby, you'd look good in a dumpster.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Rockmelon Game Night Beedog Approved Sauninda Manly Man Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Films you've seen recently
« on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 06:48:46 PM »
Last film I saw in theatres was Kick Ass, and i'm watching The Terminator on DVD right now.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Re: Films you've seen recently
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 06:55:01 PM »
Last film I saw in theatres was Kick Ass, and i'm watching The Terminator on DVD right now.

Saw Kick Ass three wednesdays ago, rewatched Blade Runner the thursday after.

GamesAreArt

• nubbin
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 08:57:13 PM »
I watched Rocky. It was Amazing!

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 09:35:20 PM »
I just saw kick ass today.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 11:55:55 PM »
Saw The Losers. Wished it had been Kick Ass instead. (which I have not seen yet). And I watched the Yatterman Live Action movie again last week. Love that stupid thing.

BlackHoleBomb

• nubbin
  • Self-assured classy gentleman with a god complex.
« Reply #5 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 11:06:04 AM »
Got around to seeing the 80's-tastic lost boys yesterday.

Fun.

Avalon

•   
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #6 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 05:04:32 PM »
Saw The Losers. Wished it had been Kick Ass instead. (which I have not seen yet). And I watched the Yatterman Live Action movie again last week. Love that stupid thing.

I have the live-action Casshern, though I'm sure it's nowhere near as enjoyable.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #7 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 05:13:46 PM »
I have the live-action Casshern, though I'm sure it's nowhere near as enjoyable.

I think I saw that a few years ago, actually. It's about 3 hours long and beats the idea that "WAR IS BAD" into your skull the entire time? If that's the one it is. Then yes, I prefer my live action adaptations to be more absurd and less SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Avalon

•   
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
I think I saw that a few years ago, actually. It's about 3 hours long and beats the idea that "WAR IS BAD" into your skull the entire time? If that's the one it is. Then yes, I prefer my live action adaptations to be more absurd and less SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Yep, you've seen it.
I really wish they would've been like OH WAIT WE'RE ADAPTING A 70S TATSUNOKO ANIME MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY LESS HARD TO BE IMPORTANT AND MAKE IT A LOVABLE ACTION MOVIE.

TheCleaningGuy

• nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night
    • Siliconera
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 06:21:50 PM »
I have to reiterate Kick-Ass. I saw it twice. Once as a preview showing, and once with another friend of mine. I also saw the Crow on DVD recently, and it was also quite good.

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #10 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 07:53:33 PM »
That movie occupies a really strange space where I think it's both visually amazing and worth seeing, but overall not really a good movie.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
« Reply #11 on: 04/ 25/ 2010, 01:36:40 AM »
Yep, you've seen it.
I really wish they would've been like OH WAIT WE'RE ADAPTING A 70S TATSUNOKO ANIME MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY LESS HARD TO BE IMPORTANT AND MAKE IT A LOVABLE ACTION MOVIE.

Like the remake of Cutie Honey. (yes, not a Tatsunoko property but you get my point). Honestly, the older I get the more I find absurd things funny.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVv03w247I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVv03w247I</a>

And yes, Justice Dude, it's visually wonderful but I never want to sit through it ever again.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #12 on: 04/ 25/ 2010, 06:28:54 AM »
Saw Videodrome today. Brilliant mindfuck.

Avalon

•   
« Reply #13 on: 04/ 25/ 2010, 07:29:17 AM »
Like the remake of Cutie Honey. (yes, not a Tatsunoko property but you get my point). Honestly, the older I get the more I find absurd things funny.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVv03w247I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVv03w247I</a>

And yes, Justice Dude, it's visually wonderful but I never want to sit through it ever again.

I am now morbidly curious about this film. I still think adapting Go Nagai x Gainax to live action is a bad idea.

Saw Videodrome today. Brilliant mindfuck.

My friend is obsessed with this film. And a friend of ours has a band named after the director's wife.

That movie occupies a really strange space where I think it's both visually amazing and worth seeing, but overall not really a good movie.

This.

Sean

•   
  • merry...
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #14 on: 04/ 26/ 2010, 05:33:31 AM »
Space Jam.
It was awesome.

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #15 on: 04/ 26/ 2010, 07:29:14 AM »
I am now morbidly curious about this film [Cutey Honey]. I still think adapting Go Nagai x Gainax to live action is a bad idea.
Cutey Honey is great, whether it's live action or anime.

However, the Devilman live action is atrocious; avoid at all costs.

Dyganth

• nubbin
  • Amnesiac Genius
  • Badges Beedog Approved Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself
« Reply #16 on: 04/ 26/ 2010, 08:11:39 AM »
I fell in and out of sleep while watching Bubba Ho-Tep the other night, didn't really catch much of what was going on, but kept waking up to weird things happening on screen.

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #17 on: 04/ 26/ 2010, 08:13:37 AM »
SUPA MARIO BROS. TONIGHT!

BlackHoleBomb

• nubbin
  • Self-assured classy gentleman with a god complex.
« Reply #18 on: 04/ 26/ 2010, 08:35:50 AM »
Recently watched UHF again.

Still great B)

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #19 on: 04/ 26/ 2010, 09:56:07 AM »
I fell in and out of sleep while watching Bubba Ho-Tep the other night, didn't really catch much of what was going on, but kept waking up to weird things happening on screen.
That movie is great.

I just watched Escape from LA. Such a bad (Awesome) movie.