Films you've seen recently
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Films you've seen recently  (Read 99686 times)

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #40 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 08:55:36 AM »
Saw Iron Man 2 last night to me it was nothing all high and mighty but it was an enjoyable ride, i liked it better than the first one. Don't stay after the credits worst fucking teaser ever.

Speaking of worst teasers, JJ Abrams showed his teaser for Super 8, which reveals NOTHING waste of money making that teaser. They would've just been better off just showing black screen with Steven Spielberg then black screen JJ Abrams, then black screen Super 8.

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #41 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 01:56:28 AM »
Just watched The Human Centipede <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo</a> Not a movie to watch if you are easily disturbed.

Just saw this tonight...kind of week. The surgery scene is a JOKE! Wasn't nearlly as sick and twisted as I thought it would be. I almost wish I never saw the trailer before the movie. Granted it was an intriguing ending or rather HOW they ended it. But I am going to go with...it was ok, after the main characters stopped talking (bad dialogue)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #42 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 03:01:09 AM »
Saw Iron Man 2 also. It was much better than the first one. It's the most comic book-y comic book movie I've ever seen. All bight and shiny and explody. Good times.

Speaking of worst teasers, JJ Abrams showed his teaser for Super 8, which reveals NOTHING waste of money making that teaser. They would've just been better off just showing black screen with Steven Spielberg then black screen JJ Abrams, then black screen Super 8.

I agree 100% with that statement ^

Also saw the trailer for The Last Airbender. Looks great, even with everyone being Caucasian. (lack of diversity drives me batshit)

CaptainBright

• nubbin
  • Somersault!
« Reply #43 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 04:29:07 AM »
Anybody here still keeps up with the state of Hong Kong kung-fu movies? If so, has anyone seen Ip-Man (just pronounce it as Yip-Mun)

Example:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhPDEOYbx4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhPDEOYbx4</a>

It's really great, and the 2nd movie just recently came out. Nothing beats old school kung-fu.

analoge

• nubbin
  • I'm Kuwabara.
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #44 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 01:55:59 PM »
Just watched The Human Centipede <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo</a> Not a movie to watch if you are easily disturbed.

That trailer alone was the scariest thing I've ever seen, but I don't count because I have an irrational fear of doctors.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #45 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 02:39:20 PM »
Aside from really disliking Scary movies, I really diliked the movie I saw today.
Because they wouldn't let me and my eleven year old cousin watch Iron Man we watched a soccer movie. It was jut "wow" i haven't seen anything that bad since Rock-It. Rock it was the german try to create a high school musical equivalent. They failed miserably!!

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #46 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
Saw Iron Man 2 also. It was much better than the first one. It's the most comic book-y comic book movie I've ever seen. All bight and shiny and explody. Good times.

I really didn't care for Iron Man 2. Sure it was fun and I don't regret seeing it (2 movies for the price of $6 :D) but it lacked action. I wanted to see this movie for high action robot fun...all there was was one battle (that was in the trailers) at the end of the movie (war machine grudge wasnt really a full fight).

analoge

• nubbin
  • I'm Kuwabara.
« Reply #47 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 05:38:04 PM »
I saw The Men Who Stare at Goats. Was aight.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #48 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 07:52:35 PM »
Watched iron man 2 on tuesday night, I liked it a lot , i think they killed Whiplash a little too easy and War Machine didn't get enough screen time, but i enjoyed it

Am i the only one that thinks the CEO of H.A.M.M.E.R looks like Dana Carvey?

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #49 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 08:49:28 PM »
Watched iron man 2 on tuesday night, I liked it a lot , i think they killed Whiplash a little too easy and War Machine didn't get enough screen time, but i enjoyed it

Am i the only one that thinks the CEO of H.A.M.M.E.R looks like Dana Carvey?

Wha?!

That's Sam Rockwell!!! Have you not seen Moon, Choke (I guess), Galaxy Quest, or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

It's Zaphod Beeblebrox!!!

analoge

• nubbin
  • I'm Kuwabara.
« Reply #50 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 09:25:11 PM »
Wha?!

That's Sam Rockwell!!! Have you not seen Moon, Choke (I guess), Galaxy Quest, or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Also, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. That movie was awesome!

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #51 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 12:04:07 AM »
Wha?!

O_O i think the Clark Kent effect happened , i didn't recognize him with the glasses, but still i think he looks like D ana Carvey

theredpepperofdoom

• nubbin
  • A giant fish monster is behind you.
    • http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/theredpepperofdoom
« Reply #52 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 01:09:28 AM »
Saw Iron Man 2. It was alright, the action was good but everything else was "meh". Recommendable if you want a good, fun movie to watch.

Jay Hitcher

• nubbin
  • JOHN DO THE WINDY THING
« Reply #53 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 01:17:13 AM »
Just watched Pulp Fiction for the first time. One of the greatest movies I've ever seen. Great acting and writing, loved the time shifts, and there are no bad scenes, just awesome after awesome after awesome. And the dungeon scene is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #54 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 01:26:08 AM »
Anybody here still keeps up with the state of Hong Kong kung-fu movies? If so, has anyone seen Ip-Man (just pronounce it as Yip-Mun)

Example:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhPDEOYbx4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhPDEOYbx4</a>

It's really great, and the 2nd movie just recently came out. Nothing beats old school kung-fu.

holy crap that was badass ive got to see it.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #55 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 01:59:36 AM »
Jesus, that looks brutal and awesome. I need to see it.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #56 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 02:26:33 AM »
Just watched Pulp Fiction for the first time.

this is kind of crazy.

Jay Hitcher

• nubbin
  • JOHN DO THE WINDY THING
« Reply #57 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 02:31:54 AM »
this is kind of crazy.

I'm fifteen. That should explain it.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #58 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 01:49:10 PM »
Robert Downey Jr. Man 2 was good. I totally agree it need more action, particularly from Mickey Rourke Man. They're really teasing the hell out of the Avengers movie with Sam Jackson Man. But yeah, it was good.

Also, words cannot describe how much I am in love with Scarlett Johanasson.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #59 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 02:06:39 PM »
Saw Surrogates and Echo (remake of Sigaw) both were mehs