Films you've seen recently
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Films you've seen recently  (Read 99675 times)

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #60 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 02:07:52 PM »
Robert Downey Jr. Man 2 was good. I totally agree it need more action, particularly from Mickey Rourke Man. They're really teasing the hell out of the Avengers movie with Sam Jackson Man. But yeah, it was good.

Also, words cannot describe how much I am in love with Scarlett Johanasson.

I definitely felt she had such a small role. its like she did nothing. Maybe it feels that way to me cause anyone could've done what she did in the movie, aka nothing special besides looks?

analoge

• nubbin
  • I'm Kuwabara.
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #61 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 02:42:11 PM »
I'm so glad we're off the page with that human centipede trailer. Every time I saw it I was compelled to watch the end of it and be creeped out anew.

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #62 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 04:44:02 PM »
Trailer is probabyl worse than the movie cause it promotes thoughts and the movie didn't play it up.

Griffplar

• nubbin
« Reply #63 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 05:02:43 PM »
Today I watched Law Abiding Citizen, Gamer and the 1994 Street Fighter moviefilm today.

Whoops, I put today twice.  LAC was ok.  Gamer was better than I expected, but that was because I purposefully lowered my expectations.  Street Fighter I watched for the first time, with Podtoid commentary. It was rather good and the Podtoid guys made me laugh.

Seen lots of films lately, this Spanish family have a large selection.

Oh, and I watched What About Bob and A Fish Called Wanda on Friday, two films which I thought I hadn't seen either, when I'd seen WAB before and the ending at least on AFCW.  Stephen Fry had a tiny extra/cameo role in AFCW, that made me happy.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockstar
« Reply #64 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
I just watched Stand By Me for the like 100th time. I fucking love that movie.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #65 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 05:58:21 PM »
Mortal Kombat made better with Man Island to accompany it i loled all the way to the end credits.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #66 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 06:03:56 PM »
MAN ISLAND!

Also Ip Man was epic. I need to start watching Kung-Fu movies again. I have a collection of 18 old school kung-fu movies that are... well, old. One of them is really funny though. Two crippled kung-fu masters team up to fight some bad guy. One has no arms and the other has no legs, so the one with no legs rides the others back. It's really funny, and surprisingly good for what it is. The final fight scene is kinda cool.

"Crippled Masters~ Frankie Shem & Jackie Conn play a couple of Kung-Fu fighters who are left crippled after their evil master betrays them. now the duo are out for revenge." 1979 1hr 30mins

Mecegirl

• nubbin
  • Badges tee hee hee Inufantry It's a Lady! Bears
« Reply #67 on: 05/ 10/ 2010, 06:13:47 AM »
Iron man 2 was awesome!! But mostly because I went to a midnight showing..and the theater was full of SCAD students. There are a large portion of geeks/nerds at my college because we are an art school. So everyone was pretty much enjoying the movie. It was like watching it with a laugh track because the oh's, aw's and lol's were in all the "right" places. Everyone in the theater was on the same wavelength it was like SCAD rented out the theater even some of our professors showed up.

But the movie was very entertaining. I do wish that there was less "advertisements" for the avengers movie.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #68 on: 05/ 10/ 2010, 12:49:16 PM »

But the movie was very entertaining. I do wish that there was less "advertisements" for the avengers movie.

The thing at the end was less than stellar but I LOVED the scenes with Fury and "Natalie".

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #69 on: 05/ 10/ 2010, 01:23:30 PM »
The thing at the end was less than stellar but I LOVED the scenes with Fury and "Natalie".

Do you really need to block out that name? I mean he is in the trailers and everyone knows who Natalie is. They know who she is before they know the Natalie part :P

MOAR War Machine plz!

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #70 on: 05/ 10/ 2010, 02:06:15 PM »
I watched Iron Man 2 last friday. It was alright but I thought the first one was overall better. ScarJo changing in the backseat of the Audi totally made up for it tho. Also her tight dresses that accentuated her bootie.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #71 on: 05/ 10/ 2010, 02:31:03 PM »
Do you really need to block out that name? I mean he is in the trailers and everyone knows who Natalie is. They know who she is before they know the Natalie part :P

MOAR War Machine plz!

Haha probably not, but when I was talking about it to a friend of mine, my bf had not seen the trailer with him in it. Just playing it safe :D

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #72 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 07:50:06 AM »
So I heard about a movie...

NINJA

Supposed to be sweet and much better than that US Ninja Assassin. I am Netflixing.

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
  • Baby, you'd look good in a dumpster.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Rockmelon Game Night Beedog Approved Sauninda Manly Man Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #73 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
Well seeing as I picked up the 5 Disc collectors edition of Blade Runner on monday, I think i'll watch the theatrical cut of the film tonight.

So I can go on about how much better the Final Cut is.

Griffplar

• nubbin
« Reply #74 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
I'm going to watch the 80s Transformers movie for the first time.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #75 on: 05/ 14/ 2010, 12:03:05 PM »
Watched the last 20min of Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind on my lunch break today, makes me sad everytime i see it. I had a connection similar to the main characters and it hurts everytime I watch it or The Fountain.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #76 on: 05/ 14/ 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
So I heard about a movie...

NINJA

Supposed to be sweet and much better than that US Ninja Assassin. I am Netflixing.

if you are talking about the NINJA i am thinking about, its really goofy but alot of fun.

on an unrelated note..

i just watched this indie film with the kid form boy meets world called "Palo Alto". its a cute little indie comedy about these four friends on the night before they go back to school after their thanksgiving break. its on instant watch if you want to check it out.

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
« Reply #77 on: 05/ 15/ 2010, 03:08:57 PM »
if you are talking about the NINJA i am thinking about, its really goofy but alot of fun.

on an unrelated note..

i just watched this indie film with the kid form boy meets world called "Palo Alto". its a cute little indie comedy about these four friends on the night before they go back to school after their thanksgiving break. its on instant watch if you want to check it out.

I believe it is the same NINJA. Casey Bowman (white guy) and cute but incompetent asian chick fight off this sweet ninja dude in sweet suit? It was quite fun. Was silly but quite enjoyable.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #78 on: 05/ 15/ 2010, 10:29:49 PM »
speaking of Ninjas, yall have NOT lived until you've seen this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Ninja . Me and my friend visited my friend in Blacksburg, VA and stumbled upon this Chinese Store that bought out what use to be a VHS movie rental store. Spent several hours there pursing the isles and came out with Redneck Zombies, Silver Dragon Ninja (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0201129/) and this gem NIGHT OF THE NINJA! If the sparse wiki entry peaks your interest and you have a love for laughing at the worst B ninja movie ever hit me up, My friend transferred it to DVD.

Griffplar

• nubbin
« Reply #79 on: 05/ 16/ 2010, 02:00:20 AM »
Watched Rain Man last night.  Not sure I "got" it.

Was going to replace 'last night' with some obscurely precise length of time ago, but too hungry and it's not funny.