YAY CARS!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: YAY CARS!  (Read 23485 times)

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Re: YAY CARS!
« Reply #20 on: 04/ 20/ 2010, 10:09:57 AM »
About a year ago I bought an Audi V-8 motor (the best in German engineering), and I plan on building my own car sometime when I get back to Canada. I haven't decided If I want to make it an old-school hot rod, or a muscle car.

Zeph

• nubbin
  • Brock "Aznable" Samson
  • Badges SCIENCE!
« Reply #21 on: 04/ 20/ 2010, 08:34:10 PM »
I kind of like how the new GT-R looks. They seemed to make it much more "sharper & pointy" (pretty bad adjectives) than say the older R-33 & R-34. I really want to see one of these bad boys on the road.

Gotenks0053

• nubbin
  • ALPHA BETA!
« Reply #22 on: 04/ 20/ 2010, 09:16:47 PM »
cars are pretty cool.

DO WANT.  I wish I could find an 86 near me.  Alas, Auto Trader shows none.  Anyone know any good sites for finding cars for sale?  For now, I've been using Craigslist and Auto Trader, and was wondering if there were any other sites I could use. 

I drove a Geo Prizm until about a month ago, when I slammed into an SUV from behind going around 30 (brakes failed).  Been looking at Sunfire, Monte Carlo, or a Firebird.

That GT-R, by the way, is a sexy beast of a machine :)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #23 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 05:23:27 AM »
Hachi Roku Truenos are near impossible to find. You might come across a Levin or an 85 now and then, but getting that actual car you see in the pic is not easy by any means. If it were, I'd be driving one. They're all owned by drift enthusiasts and whenever one goes up for sale at those import auto sites, there are 30 people ready to pounce and fight each other for it. They're still on the road, but an 86 actually for sale is a rare gem.

It's a shame, because it really is one of my favorite cars ever. I've also been looking around my area for a 95-97 Celica GT and haven't been able to find one in decent shape.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #24 on: 04/ 21/ 2010, 05:48:54 AM »
I've had friends that owned 86s. I helped with an american blue top swap to a japanese red top engine. Also an 85 to 86 conversion. Those cars ended up eventually getting sold. I never got a chance to drive them though since I didn't know how to drive a stick at that time. But from my experience from sitting shotgun, the 86 is a nimble sonuvabitch.

I still have a friend that still owns one, a blue panda. He swapped in a silver top engine, loads of suspension work, and some pretty sweet wats. He used to take that thing drifting all the time at events but not so much anymore because of time/money.

Gotenks0053

• nubbin
  • ALPHA BETA!
« Reply #25 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 09:00:03 PM »
What does everyone think of the FT86 concept?  I personally think it's pretty cool.  I've only seen the wikipedia page though :P.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #26 on: 04/ 23/ 2010, 10:53:54 PM »
What does everyone think of the FT86 concept? 

I think it's my next car. :3

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #27 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 01:21:57 AM »
So yeah, about the FT86...

http://jalopnik.com/5521080/report-toyotas-turning-the-ft+86-into-the-solara

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #28 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 10:03:32 AM »
So yeah, about the FT86...

http://jalopnik.com/5521080/report-toyotas-turning-the-ft+86-into-the-solara

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Looks like I'm getting that 95 Celica after all.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #29 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 10:50:13 AM »
so i guess toyota is a bunch of dickless losers.

im starting to try to track down a 240SX i like, they are hot shit and not nearly as impossible to find as an AE86.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
« Reply #30 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 11:09:08 AM »
so i guess toyota is a bunch of dickless losers.

im starting to try to track down a 240SX i like, they are hot shit and not nearly as impossible to find as an AE86.

Toyota? Dickless? Never....
Friend just sold off his kouki s14 to his younger cousin. Yeah, it's going to get crashed in about a month. That car has been passed around my circle of friends twice and has seen a lot of track time. R.I.P. (side note: he totaled his mx-3 within 2 weeks.) Should come to california, there's a lot more being sold now than ever.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Looks like I'm getting that 95 Celica after all.

I've only seen a real gt-four twice, talk about rare. Really blows that toyota decided to have one iteration of the gt-four brought to the states. I really prefer the bug eyes compared to the pop up headlights.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #31 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 08:02:57 PM »
thats a shame, kouki s14s are my faveorite silvias.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #32 on: 04/ 27/ 2010, 06:38:12 PM »

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
YAY CARS!
« Reply #33 on: 04/ 29/ 2010, 10:48:02 PM »
Uhm... all I know is that I drive a Honda Accord, I know nothing else about cars ._.

lol

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
YAY CARS!
« Reply #34 on: 04/ 29/ 2010, 11:33:17 PM »
Yeah this thread has not been as successful as I hoped. Oh well.

Zeph

• nubbin
  • Brock "Aznable" Samson
  • Badges SCIENCE!
YAY CARS!
« Reply #35 on: 05/ 01/ 2010, 02:17:22 PM »
Lets see if we can get this thread going again! Lets talk about the 1982-1987 Buick Regal Turbos (i.e. The Grand Nationals). These weren't your grandfathers cars of the time, but some of fastest production model cars out there. Here are some pictures if you have never heard of them.

My father has been the original owner of a 1986 Regal Turbo and with an aftermarket exhaust system, torque converter, and adjustable wastegate, this Turbo is pushing near 300 rwhp. In an era of low horse powered mustangs, cameros, corvettes, and firebirds, this was an amazing car that came from Buick. I think it was this car that started my attraction for modern turbo charged cars like the 300 zx, the skyline, and supra.  When I visit my parents in a few weeks I'll take some pictures and post some of his car up here.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
YAY CARS!
« Reply #36 on: 05/ 10/ 2010, 10:37:43 PM »

Just dropping this here for safe keeping.

Zeph

• nubbin
  • Brock "Aznable" Samson
  • Badges SCIENCE!
YAY CARS!
« Reply #37 on: 05/ 10/ 2010, 10:47:38 PM »
Nice! Need more muscle era cars in here!

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
YAY CARS!
« Reply #38 on: 05/ 11/ 2010, 12:35:36 AM »

My stepfathers car.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
YAY CARS!
« Reply #39 on: 05/ 11/ 2010, 12:36:28 AM »
NICE.