Comics
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Comics  (Read 69491 times)

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #60 on: 05/ 19/ 2010, 05:04:35 PM »
Dude, can my inner-13-year-old come to your house some time?

rivalscho0ls

• nubbin
  • COAST2COAST
  • Badges Sauninda Magfest 9
Comics
« Reply #61 on: 05/ 19/ 2010, 07:57:13 PM »
Dude, can my inner-13-year-old come to your house some time?

Yus.  I prefer 12 year olds, but for you, I'll make an exception.

McChicken116

• nubbin
Comics
« Reply #62 on: 05/ 19/ 2010, 09:54:49 PM »
I, myself read the Escapist comics, Deadpool, and Atomic Robo.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #63 on: 05/ 20/ 2010, 12:53:33 AM »
and Atomic Robo.

I guess I need to give that a second chance. Read the firsts one on my PSP (twas free) and it was fun but didn't light me on fire.

rivalscho0ls

• nubbin
  • COAST2COAST
  • Badges Sauninda Magfest 9
Comics
« Reply #64 on: 05/ 20/ 2010, 09:53:20 AM »
I, myself read the Escapist comics, Deadpool, and Atomic Robo.

I have to say I liked Deadpool better in his Cable and Deadpool days.  His solo book just seems... off.  I can't really put my finger on it.

Avalon

•   
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #65 on: 05/ 23/ 2010, 08:45:04 AM »
It's a sunny day, relaxin with some Love & Rockets (Gilbert) and the new King City.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Comics
« Reply #66 on: 05/ 25/ 2010, 12:32:54 PM »
I bought the first volume of Chew today. Was a random recommendation and I don't regret it.
I might get the others as well...

Avalon

•   
Comics
« Reply #67 on: 05/ 25/ 2010, 01:38:46 PM »
I bought the first volume of Chew today. Was a random recommendation and I don't regret it.
I might get the others as well...

Yeah I've heard some good things.

Got my copy of Jimmy Corrigan signed today, Chris Ware's handwriting is mad. It looks like it's fucking typed and he uses nothing but a pen.

Also James Stokoe's Orc Stain is pretty good, I could buy it for the art alone and be satisfied.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Re: Comics
« Reply #68 on: 06/ 03/ 2010, 02:46:39 PM »
How about Scott Pilgrim? Oh man, I fucking love Scott Pilgrim.

I luffs me some scott pilgrim too. Can't wait till the last ones comes out later this year I think

Personally Spiderman is the one person who got me into comics (despite suffering from minor arachnophobia which is ironic). I started with the ultimate spiderman volumes when I was around 10 and from there I expanded.
Kick Ass and the Umbrella Academy were  two great series' I continued to follow till the end.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #69 on: 06/ 03/ 2010, 03:24:39 PM »
I never understood Umbrella Academy. I only read the first arc tho.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Comics
« Reply #70 on: 06/ 03/ 2010, 03:32:53 PM »
I never understood Umbrella Academy. I only read the first arc tho.

they were average at best I have both of the graphic novels (supposedly a third storyline is in the works) if your interested i can send them to ya if you want em. they just take up space on my shelf.

edit: i should also note that even after 70 some odd issues of The Walking Dead I am still getting shocked everytime i get to the last few panels.
« Last Edit: 06/ 03/ 2010, 03:43:26 PM by xibalba »

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Comics
« Reply #71 on: 06/ 03/ 2010, 03:54:37 PM »
they were average at best I have both of the graphic novels (supposedly a third storyline is in the works) if your interested i can send them to ya if you want em. they just take up space on my shelf.

edit: i should also note that even after 70 some odd issues of The Walking Dead I am still getting shocked everytime i get to the last few panels.

Heh I'd gladly take them off you as I've been meaning to give Dallas a spin.
Probably most of the hype was cause Gerard Way was writing them, which admittedly I bought into as well.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Comics
« Reply #72 on: 06/ 04/ 2010, 11:23:10 AM »
Heh I'd gladly take them off you as I've been meaning to give Dallas a spin.
Probably most of the hype was cause Gerard Way was writing them, which admittedly I bought into as well.

ill see whats up with shipping to UK, if eg doesnt want them.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Comics
« Reply #73 on: 06/ 04/ 2010, 12:05:36 PM »
First, thanks for the offer. I do appreciate it. You can ship them to Makster. I wasn't hugely impressed with what I read, I assume it makes more sense in a trade but he's more excited than I am so yeah - pass them across the pond :)

BTW Xibalba, I got a few extra comics from free comic book day. I know you missed it, would you like me to send them to you?

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Comics
« Reply #74 on: 06/ 06/ 2010, 12:32:48 PM »
^ sure if ya want ill pm ya with the addy and let me know how much shipping is i can paypal ya.

as Makster ill check out the shipping if it isn't crazy id be glad to cover it and ship em out to ya.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Comics
« Reply #75 on: 06/ 06/ 2010, 01:21:21 PM »
^ sure if ya want ill pm ya with the addy and let me know how much shipping is i can paypal ya.

as Makster ill check out the shipping if it isn't crazy id be glad to cover it and ship em out to ya.

Yeah  toss me a PM. I can cover the shipping if it's under 5 bucks (hooray unemployment!)

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Comics
« Reply #76 on: 06/ 07/ 2010, 11:31:02 AM »
PM Sent (little late tho) :D

Also i forgot to mention that i read the final issue of The Sword by The Luna Brothers

I highly recommend everything they have written (The Sword, Girls, Ultra: Seven Days) all of their series have been excellent from cover to cover.

edit: Also i don't usually write to people thanking them (although i should more often) but i had to write to the Luna Brothers this series was def their best by far but stil their other works are just as good.

edit2: This also makes me wish I had done something with my brother when we were younger but alas he is just the opposite of me (math brain, more formal etc.) Makes me sad.
« Last Edit: 06/ 07/ 2010, 11:42:43 AM by xibalba »

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
  • Badges Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Spotted Memebon Happy Babies! Rockmelon Game Night
    • My Personal Website
Comics
« Reply #77 on: 06/ 07/ 2010, 02:44:42 PM »
I know it's super old, but I need to get back to reading my Bone omnibus.  I'd read little bits here and there before getting the book as a gift, and I've only read up to the cow race.  I understand it gets more epic as the book goes on.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Comics
« Reply #78 on: 06/ 21/ 2010, 10:26:50 AM »
Finished the second book of Scott Pilgrim last night still dont get why people like it so much. *Spoilers*

I mean scott is a complete asshole cheated on his girlfriend (knives) breaks up with her to go out with Romona all the while Knives still obsessed with Scott. :/

still ordered the 3rd book tho

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Comics
« Reply #79 on: 06/ 21/ 2010, 02:22:29 PM »
I bought the second big thing from Chew after buying the 11th issue, which was weird because I realized to late that there were some holes in the plot. But now I have it all :D

It is a great comic though.
Aaand I will see if I can find Scott Pilgrim somewhere...
All the talking got me excited :D