Comics
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Comics  (Read 70933 times)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #80 on: 06/ 21/ 2010, 03:32:37 PM »
Got my regular run of comics this week. Mostly X-books.  2nd Coming is still chugging along. They need to start wrapping it up soon, very few issues left and a half assed ending would be a bummer. Still no idea what Hope does. I think she's the new Phoenix.

Also picked up that Iron Man one shot with Pepper called 'Rescue'. Not had a chance to read it yet tho. It looks good at least.

McChicken116

• nubbin
Comics
« Reply #81 on: 06/ 21/ 2010, 09:57:19 PM »
I recently started Reading Scott Pilgrim, in order to get myself ready for the movie. And I have to say Stephen Stills totally reminds me of Topher

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #82 on: 06/ 23/ 2010, 09:49:07 AM »
Finished the second book of Scott Pilgrim last night still dont get why people like it so much. *Spoilers*

I mean scott is a complete asshole cheated on his girlfriend (knives) breaks up with her to go out with Romona all the while Knives still obsessed with Scott. :/

still ordered the 3rd book tho

Eh, not really spoilers. And I feel like people kind of play up and exaggerate that whole HE'S UNRELATEABLE BECAUSE HE CHEATS ON HIS GIRLFIREND FOR 5 SECONDS. Dass lyfe mang.

But yeah, you're meant to feel bad for Knives, and it's not like scott doesn't give a shit, he feels bad (not that that excuses it in any way). But knives is sort of messed up thanks to him and this shit happens. Rest assured it all comes back to bite him in the arse.

Also I agree somewhat, but I like to think topher is too sensible to go out with a bitch like Julie.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #83 on: 06/ 23/ 2010, 04:49:35 PM »
Finished the second book of Scott Pilgrim last night still dont get why people like it so much. *Spoilers*

I mean scott is a complete asshole cheated on his girlfriend (knives) breaks up with her to go out with Romona all the while Knives still obsessed with Scott. :/

still ordered the 3rd book tho

The fact that it looks like they changed his character completely is the only reason the movie looks good to me.

McChicken116

• nubbin
Comics
« Reply #84 on: 06/ 23/ 2010, 07:25:28 PM »
They're changing Ramona more than Scott! She acts like a total bitch when she gives Scott his CD's

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Comics
« Reply #85 on: 06/ 23/ 2010, 10:31:09 PM »
i finally took a picture

electric_goldfish sent me these :D

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #86 on: 06/ 24/ 2010, 12:13:50 AM »
Mouse Guard was cool. :)

Avalon

•   
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #87 on: 06/ 24/ 2010, 12:27:32 PM »
I super regret not getting FCBD Mouseguard but I couldn't find it anywhere.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Comics
« Reply #88 on: 06/ 24/ 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
I super regret not getting FCBD Mouseguard but I couldn't find it anywhere.

ive read it if you want me to send it to ya.

Avalon

•   
Comics
« Reply #89 on: 06/ 24/ 2010, 12:50:39 PM »
ive read it if you want me to send it to ya.

Thank you for the kind offer, but I live in the UK and postage would be kinda expensive for you.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Comics
« Reply #90 on: 07/ 11/ 2010, 04:59:15 PM »
I just bought the first two paperbags of DMZ today, awesome!, and the first one of Invincible two days ago, also awesome!

I am asking myself why superheros don't care about killing though. In Invincible they throw human bombs around like nothing. No regret or something like that. They don't seem to care that someone died. Okay, they saved lots of people, but a mention for the two dead kids would be nice!

Oh well, it is just a comic. DMZ on the other hand is so serious and sad sometimes. I really love it!

Avalon

•   
Comics
« Reply #91 on: 07/ 11/ 2010, 05:44:13 PM »
I just bought the first two paperbags of DMZ today, awesome!, and the first one of Invincible two days ago, also awesome!

I am asking myself why superheros don't care about killing though. In Invincible they throw human bombs around like nothing. No regret or something like that. They don't seem to care that someone died. Okay, they saved lots of people, but a mention for the two dead kids would be nice!

I've been reading Ghost in the Shell, and there's similar stuff, though it's unclear whether it's the creator projecting his views about justice or if these people are just fucked up individuals. I like to think it's the latter, it seems to be consistent with that a lot of the time, that these people are deeply disturbed and in a position of power and this is what's going to happen.

But jeeeeezus is it a lot to take in, I think I need to re-read it, before it'll really start to make sense.

And I've been meaning to pick up DMZ for the longest time.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Comics
« Reply #92 on: 07/ 12/ 2010, 12:14:19 AM »
DMZ is very worth getting on you really do get to see the main character and the surroundings grow. You think you've seen it all and then boom another crazy thing happens. The only thing that i find hard is remembering everything that has happened because they do throw back to things that have happened in the past a few times but that just makes re-reading it all the more fun.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #93 on: 07/ 12/ 2010, 07:10:05 PM »
I've been meaning to pick up DMZ for the longest time.
I was hooked since the first few pages of volume 1. Its definitely worth buying.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Comics
« Reply #94 on: 07/ 12/ 2010, 07:15:41 PM »
To no one's surprise, the X-Men "relaunch" - Curse of the Mutants is incredibly stupid.

SerialExperimentsAmy

•   
  • Present day. Present time.
  • Badges tee hee hee It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Moonspeaker
Comics
« Reply #95 on: 07/ 12/ 2010, 07:43:14 PM »
To no one's surprise, the X-Men "relaunch" - Curse of the Mutants is incredibly stupid.

how so?

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Comics
« Reply #96 on: 07/ 12/ 2010, 07:52:32 PM »
how so?

Well the new 'threat' to the mutants is...vampires. No one really knows why. It started with an exploding vampire in a gimp mask.  The dialogue was pretty bad and it's a relaunch with a staff of no-names. Well, no names to comics. The main writer is a novelist. But really those are two different skill sets.

They've "got a dracula situation here". It's just too campy even for comics.

Curse of the Mutants: “MUTANTS VERSUS VAMPIRES,” PART 1
When a suicide bomber strikes in downtown San Francisco, it gets the immediate attention of the X-Men. But this is not your garden variety terrorist – and he’s not acting alone. Vampires from around the globe are descending en masse on the City by the Bay, staking a brutal claim for the patch of land the X-Men call their home. What is their agenda? Who is their mysterious leader? The X-Men are about to find out, as they brace themselves for a war of the species that will wrack the Marvel Universe.

It's also a piss poor followup to a very well written (so far) Second Coming storyline.

SerialExperimentsAmy

•   
Comics
« Reply #97 on: 07/ 12/ 2010, 07:58:20 PM »
Well the new 'threat' to the mutants is...vampires. No one really knows why. It started with an exploding vampire in a gimp mask.  The dialogue was pretty bad and it's a relaunch with a staff of no-names. Well, no names to comics. The main writer is a novelist. But really those are two different skill sets.

They've "got a dracula situation here". It's just too campy even for comics.

Curse of the Mutants: “MUTANTS VERSUS VAMPIRES,” PART 1
When a suicide bomber strikes in downtown San Francisco, it gets the immediate attention of the X-Men. But this is not your garden variety terrorist – and he’s not acting alone. Vampires from around the globe are descending en masse on the City by the Bay, staking a brutal claim for the patch of land the X-Men call their home. What is their agenda? Who is their mysterious leader? The X-Men are about to find out, as they brace themselves for a war of the species that will wrack the Marvel Universe.

It's also a piss poor followup to a very well written (so far) Second Coming storyline.

vampires ruin everything

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Comics
« Reply #98 on: 07/ 12/ 2010, 08:02:58 PM »
they used to be cool. :P Now, this.

SerialExperimentsAmy

•   
Comics
« Reply #99 on: 07/ 12/ 2010, 08:30:14 PM »
they used to be cool. :P Now, this.

what did they do to my JUBILEE OH MY GOD