Comics
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Comics  (Read 68768 times)

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Comics
« Reply #980 on: 11/ 06/ 2014, 10:03:37 PM »
Ms Marvel has been awesome. i hope we get a Kamala movie someday.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Comics
« Reply #981 on: 11/ 11/ 2014, 11:11:35 AM »
And then Naruto was just over... Weird ending.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #982 on: 12/ 02/ 2014, 10:09:07 PM »

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Comics
« Reply #983 on: 12/ 03/ 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
Campbells art is huge! That dude draws like a god.

While we are at great covers:

The Comic is called Cluster. If Stokoe does covers I'm sold. If he only does one cover, I'm still sold.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Comics
« Reply #984 on: 06/ 01/ 2015, 11:46:36 AM »
Its been about 8 years since I first started collecting and reading the Umbrella Academy.
It was one of the first series I started collecting but then I completely missed out on Dallas until today when I picked it up from my local comic store.

I had no idea that there were so many unanswered questions from the first series but I'm really liking the whole series much more as an adult rather than a teenager.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Comics
« Reply #985 on: 06/ 01/ 2015, 08:53:05 PM »
Maybe I should re-read it, because I didn't enjoy the first few issues of Umbrella Academy either.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Comics
« Reply #986 on: 06/ 02/ 2015, 05:57:30 AM »
Yeah I say its worth a re-read.
Lots of things I picked up on the second read through too.
Though the art can be very hit and miss I've just realised

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Comics
« Reply #987 on: 07/ 15/ 2015, 04:07:22 PM »
Peeps! Island is a comic magazine with three full issues in one oversized book. It is amazing. There is an Emma Rios story about switching bodies, a new Multiple Warheads installment by Brandon Graham and a comic about a dagger proof mummy by a dude called Ludroe in there! It is worth the $8 in every shape and form!

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Comics
« Reply #988 on: 09/ 23/ 2015, 03:37:03 PM »
Some super rad comics in this bundle:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Comics
« Reply #989 on: 12/ 07/ 2015, 08:25:09 PM »
I'm sure the topic has been brought up but is there a way to read comics on ipad without resorting to shady stuff and spending buttloads of cash per volume? I'd like to know before I turbo-wallet to something like comiXology.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Comics
« Reply #990 on: 12/ 08/ 2015, 04:14:49 PM »
With sales and such, comixology is your best bet. However, they don't have Dark Horse books, as of my last check. Humblebundle.com often has comic book bundle sales. Just not this week.

Sean

•   
Comics
« Reply #991 on: 12/ 08/ 2015, 07:42:57 PM »
There are sales? Are they shown on their website or something?

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Comics
« Reply #992 on: 12/ 08/ 2015, 09:23:00 PM »
There are sales? Are they shown on their website or something?

Yes, actually. There's a sales tab. It's next to Free Comics.

If you only want Marvel books, I suggest Marvel Unlimited.

http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited

Sean

•   
Comics
« Reply #993 on: 12/ 08/ 2015, 10:52:54 PM »
No superhero stuff really, after biting the Telltale bullet I decided to give Walking Dead and Fables a try.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Comics
« Reply #994 on: 10/ 07/ 2016, 01:02:14 PM »
Finally made the dive into Secret Six.
After trying to make heads and tails of the trade paper backs, I had picked up Secret Six Villains United volume 1 (not to be confused with Villains United Volume 1 which is just the villains united story arc from the pre-infinite crises which establishes the secret six but doesn't include the limited secret six story arc in 2005).

Anyways I loved Villains United. Bringing together some real no-bodies (bar Deadshot cause he's major hollywood now) and making Thomas 'Catman' Blake awesome. I wouldn't call him a batman knock off, rather a wolverine type. Super serious and viscous fighter helming the secret six as a defacto leader.

The major reveal of mocking bird and subsequent issue into infinite crises is a lot of meh and WTF as it doesn't really feature the six rather the larger universe. I still haven't completed it yet but I'm hoping the next few issues I do have left in this TPB are good.

Gail Simone is a really good writer. I'm usually a visual sort of comic reader only giving the recent run of Batgirl of Burnside a shot because of the art by Babs Tarr and the re-design of the batgirl suit. Secret Six has ok artwork but the dialogue is really strong.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Comics
« Reply #995 on: 10/ 07/ 2016, 04:44:14 PM »
Can't resist mentioning Motor Crush. Which is the new story by the team that made Batgirl from Burnside. It is at image and it looks pretty neat. If you like Babs Tarr and her art this is one for you. The most recent Image+ has a huge preview. If you ask for that at the local store, they should have it.

But aside from that. Damn. Secret Six was amazing. There are so many sweet moment in that. I will never forget some of those sweet moments.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Comics
« Reply #996 on: 10/ 12/ 2016, 10:15:20 AM »
Anyone else reading snotgirl at the moment?
It's pretty much my favourite monthly comic.

The art doesn't sit too well with me as a visual sort of guy. Bryan's words and story telling are on point however. You can see his trademark writing in Snotgirl and I really like the whole modern fashionesta blogger setting.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Comics
« Reply #997 on: 10/ 12/ 2016, 10:28:08 AM »
I'm like an issue behind but I'm enjoying it so far. Huge fan of the artist so it's nice to she her stuff in a comic.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Comics
« Reply #998 on: 10/ 19/ 2016, 02:00:35 PM »
I somehow couldn't get into it. Might be a lack of dedication. Or it's just not for me...
It does look nice.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Comics
« Reply #999 on: 10/ 19/ 2016, 02:20:28 PM »
I somehow couldn't get into it. Might be a lack of dedication. Or it's just not for me...
It does look nice.

Ah that's a shame.
I would've thought Snotgirl would be very similar to Scott Pilgrim. Mainly light hearted adventure drama but with a modern blogger fashion theme. It's quite different and veers into mystery and drama so I'm excited to read each issue.

I'm also reading Street Fighter Legends Cammy by Udon.
Really ho-hum and I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for Omar Dogan's art and the variant book covers that you can join up like Voltron into one art piece. Hoping to get a frame for all of them so I can display it as such. It also means I cannot read them again but I'm fan with that