The Manga Thread
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Manga Thread  (Read 54308 times)

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
The Manga Thread
« Reply #20 on: 05/ 05/ 2010, 08:00:47 PM »
There are so many manga, and in fact, things, that I want right now but can't afford.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
The Manga Thread
« Reply #21 on: 05/ 05/ 2010, 08:04:13 PM »
You see that translated Touhou Doujin that went up on Faku yesterday? I read the first two chapters of it, pretty good.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
The Manga Thread
« Reply #22 on: 05/ 05/ 2010, 08:08:48 PM »
You see that translated Touhou Doujin that went up on Faku yesterday? I read the first two chapters of it, pretty good.

Pm me a link please :3

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Manga Thread
« Reply #23 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 08:27:55 AM »
 I just read a very disturbing Manga today, and I urge anyone who gets grossed out AT ALL to avoid it...

Franken Fran freaks me the hell out.

Jay Hitcher

• nubbin
  • JOHN DO THE WINDY THING
The Manga Thread
« Reply #24 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 08:35:09 AM »
I generally don't read manga all that much. Mainly because I can't really afford it. Only manga I really got into before now was Black Lagoon, which was great. Better than the anime, in my opinion.

I just started reading Yotsuba&! a few days ago. So awesome.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
The Manga Thread
« Reply #25 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 08:39:56 AM »
I just read a very disturbing Manga today, and I urge anyone who gets grossed out AT ALL to avoid it...

Franken Fran freaks me the hell out.

Everybody should read franken fran.  So disturbing but when theres a chapter with a happy ending it gets just so fucking good.

KaiserSomme

• nubbin
  • さあ、お前の罪を数えろ! COUNT UP YOUR SINS!
    • Somme's LJ
The Manga Thread
« Reply #26 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 02:48:25 PM »
Two words: Naoki Urasawa.

The man has range. Pluto, Monster, 20th Century Boys, Billy Bat. I'm surprised more people don't know about him.

theredpepperofdoom

• nubbin
  • A giant fish monster is behind you.
    • http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/theredpepperofdoom
The Manga Thread
« Reply #27 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 07:12:02 PM »
I've been reading Bleach for some stupid, stupid reason. The recent chapters have sucked hard, it's going into Naruto-level areas of fail.
Also been reading One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist which are just awesome all the time, except in OP when Ace died ;_;. Started Yotsuba which always brings a smile to my face.

CaptainBright

• nubbin
  • Somersault!
The Manga Thread
« Reply #28 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 04:23:27 AM »
I come in here, expecting the good stuff, and no mention of the Swordsman/woman travelling manga like Berserk, Ubel Blatt, Claymore, Vinland Saga and other stuff........

Also, anybody here has Jojo love at least?

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
The Manga Thread
« Reply #29 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 10:28:02 AM »
I've been reading Bleach for some stupid, stupid reason. The recent chapters have sucked hard, it's going into Naruto-level areas of fail.
Also been reading One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist which are just awesome all the time, except in OP when Ace died ;_;. Started Yotsuba which always brings a smile to my face.

Bleach has neat art. That is about it. I sold all my volumes (yeah, I bought them when I was like 13) and kept about 4 that I consult for fight scenes.

Also, anybody here has Jojo love at least?

Fuck yeah Jojo. It's like OTT slightly homoerotic grindhouse but way more awesome than that sounds.

Two words: Naoki Urasawa.

The man has range. Pluto, Monster, 20th Century Boys, Billy Bat. I'm surprised more people don't know about him.

Yeah, we were talking about him in the comics thread. He's pretty much established him self as a master at this point. The guy is 50 and he's still making books. How it should be.

This is just my opinion, but I'd kind of like to see a merged "Comics & Manga" thread, I don't see why not and I think a lot of interesting discussion could come of it.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Manga Thread
« Reply #30 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 11:46:35 AM »
This is just my opinion, but I'd kind of like to see a merged "Comics & Manga" thread, I don't see why not and I think a lot of interesting discussion could come of it.

Yes this. :D I was hoping this would happen in the comics thread but maybe we can move comics here?

Jay Hitcher

• nubbin
The Manga Thread
« Reply #31 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 04:10:12 PM »
Damn. This totally legal and paid for download of the Beck manga is taking forever.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
The Manga Thread
« Reply #32 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 05:54:43 PM »
Damn. This totally legal and paid for download of the Beck manga is taking forever.

Didn't want to read it on Onemanga? I can understand not wanting jpeggy quality and wanting access without having access to the internet.

I'm a little hesitant about Beck, I'm always cautious around comics about music for obvious reasons and I've been pondering watching the anime. Let me know what you think, broski.

Also what's in your avatar? Do I want to know?

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
The Manga Thread
« Reply #33 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 08:54:51 PM »
Topher is an evil man. After hearing about how much he likes Yotsuba&, I decided to give it a look. Now I can't stop. ;___;

Yotsuba will do that to you., so will Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

CaptainBright

• nubbin
  • Somersault!
The Manga Thread
« Reply #34 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 09:08:05 PM »
During the 2006 to 2007 period when the likes of Shakugan No Shana, Haruhi and mostly moe things were beginning to sprout, I needed something to get away from that. I started with Berserk. After all that mixture of pain and awesome, I desired something really pure. That was when Yotsuba& arrived. Everything else was history. It wasn't moe at all. It was true childish kawaii. Something to wash away the constant rape, mind-rape and torture of the world of Berserk.

Jay Hitcher

• nubbin
The Manga Thread
« Reply #35 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 01:13:03 AM »
Didn't want to read it on Onemanga? I can understand not wanting jpeggy quality and wanting access without having access to the internet.

I'm a little hesitant about Beck, I'm always cautious around comics about music for obvious reasons and I've been pondering watching the anime. Let me know what you think, broski.

Also what's in your avatar? Do I want to know?

Considering the slowness of the download, I'm better off with Onemanga. I'm just gonna read the last few issues, anyway.

The anime has some bad pacing issues, but the music and plot are pretty great overall.

And that's Nodoka from K-ON! looking repulsed by... something. Let's just say it's my schlong.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
The Manga Thread
« Reply #36 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 01:16:01 PM »
Yotsubato! is blowing my MIND!!

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
The Manga Thread
« Reply #37 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 04:00:07 AM »
I've recently finished reading Buddha.
Awesome, awesome manga.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Manga Thread
« Reply #38 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 12:16:31 PM »
Read Hollow Fields v1 and while I like the art, the story meandered right up until the last 10 pages. Meh.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
The Manga Thread
« Reply #39 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 12:19:44 PM »
man I was going to get this manga I saw in the Rightstuf catalog but their sold out of it. It's called "Tale of an Old Country."

Apparently it's published by DC, which took me by surprise like hell since I didn't even know they published manga. it also makes me think it's probably not up to snuff in the translation department since it's hard for me to trust NOT Tokyopop/Delray