Rockmelon Art Gallery
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Rockmelon Art Gallery  (Read 97670 times)

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Drawings and Ideas Thread. (+TJS Fan art?)
« Reply #20 on: 05/ 05/ 2010, 11:51:23 PM »
Ada Wong (click image to resize)

Actually, Full Resolution Here
« Last Edit: 05/ 06/ 2010, 12:20:30 AM by Captain Highwind »

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
« Reply #21 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 12:00:17 AM »
There are these sites where we can all join up and draw stuff on a huuuuge canvas, sadly I don't know any good/functioning ones. Would be awesomsauce.

EDIT: FOUND ONE~

http://24.25.221.4:18000/entrance_normal.html

Its simple, DON'T SUCK!

It takes a while to load up... hopefully this is a less popular one.

EDIT EDIT: What I meant by "DON'T SUCK" is how you act, not how you draw lol...
« Last Edit: 05/ 06/ 2010, 12:17:51 AM by JohZho »

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #22 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 10:56:11 AM »
THE SPARK, IT HAS RETURNED! I am so on a roll right now!

I really suck at faces

colored it in photoshop once I was done, which I don't normally do.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #23 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 11:15:25 AM »

A sketch of Quote from Cave Story, I was pretty bored on that day in class.

This pretty bangin, I like the lineart and the detail.

Also DELAYED TOPHER BIRTHDAY SKETCH

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
« Reply #24 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 12:04:04 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA xD

Oh my gah~ I thought those were drumsticks dozing off to sleep or something, turns out its the logo of this site.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #25 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 12:24:43 PM »
Hahaha. Awesome Avalon, thanks! <3

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
« Reply #26 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 12:42:45 PM »

Something I made for Mikey lol originally a game cover art assignment in commercial art class.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #27 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 01:49:57 PM »
Hahah, that's epic, Joh. Though it reminds me of something I'm doing...Now I have to scrap it. XD Oh well.

Anyway.

Another quickie. Meh...

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
« Reply #28 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 01:54:28 PM »
Hey hey, this thread, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. So please, go on with what you were doing, I'd feel bad if I stopped anyone from drawing/doing something.

Your stuff is pretty good, you just have to spend more time on each, different shades, thickening line art and erasing unnecessary stuff. Try practicing on clothing folds.

colored it in photoshop once I was done, which I don't normally do.

I like this one, keep drawing your lizardmen! and practice on coloring more :)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #29 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 02:08:58 PM »
Hey hey, this thread, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. So please, go on with what you were doing, I'd feel bad if I stopped anyone from drawing/doing something.

Your stuff is pretty good, you just have to spend more time on each, different shades, thickening line art and erasing unnecessary stuff. Try practicing on clothing folds.

I meant I had the Dtoid Entertainment System idea elsewhere. C:

Yeah, everything I'm posting here are quick things that I couldn't give two craps about. I usually put way more work into art. XD Maybe I'll do something with more detail later. I should be working on the commissions I'm doing for the Dtoid community, but I've been out of it lately.

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
« Reply #30 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 03:03:03 PM »
Post up some of your good stuff and I'll put up what I think is my best :P

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #31 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 03:09:39 PM »
Hmmm...Righto then. :L I'll just post one for now. I'll dig around for others later.

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
« Reply #32 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 03:36:29 PM »
Huuurmns, Portal? for some reason I think of Portal, hah. I like it, looks like something straight off of some fully animated artsy movie. What/who is it/she (from) exactly? I definitely want to see more of your stuff too! 

I did say I was going to post something that shows my best efforts, so please don't think of it as straight up showing off or anything. So here it is, some random piece/character, it was pretty fun drawing it. I don't think any other of my drawings matches up to this one in the "finished feel" department. I rarely finish my drawings :P   

I still think certain parts look freaking weird.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #33 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 03:42:14 PM »
The top of the hand looks a bit longer than it probably should be.  Other than that I don't think anything looked to weird.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #34 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 04:01:53 PM »
Huuurmns, Portal? for some reason I think of Portal, hah. I like it, looks like something straight off of some fully animated artsy movie. What/who is it/she (from) exactly? I definitely want to see more of your stuff too! 

I did say I was going to post something that shows my best efforts, so please don't think of it as straight up showing off or anything. So here it is, some random piece/character, it was pretty fun drawing it. I don't think any other of my drawings matches up to this one in the "finished feel" department. I rarely finish my drawings :P   

I still think certain parts look freaking weird.

Thanks. :D She's a character (Rebecca) from a project I'm working on. Which happens to be animated, though that picture isn't part of an animation. I also haven't done anything with the project besides brainstorm and whatnot. XD

I like that piece! I don't see anything weird about it. Even the hand that Redlemon mentioned doesn't seem off to me.

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
« Reply #35 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 04:03:45 PM »
Any more of it that you can show/tell me?

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #36 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 04:44:11 PM »
Of my project? That's pretty much the only art I did of it. Rebecca wakes up in an alley somewhere in the middle of a metropolis. She only has a few memories, like her name, where she lives, and other simple things. But she doesn't remember people or any of her history. Soon she starts noticing things out of the corner of her eye--figures and people that aren't there when she turns her head. As time progresses, she starts seeing those same people normally, though she realizes that the people all have the same face. And they want to kill her. In addition, after waking up from a nightmare, she'll find herself in an altered reality (in the picture), filled with the people chasing her, but those people are changed heavily there--misshapen, decayed, etc. There's a specific one whose body is completely black (almost a void) save for everything above its nose, which is pale white. That one never chases her, it just watches from a distance. There's more, like why all of this is happening, but that's a spoiler if I plan on getting this off of the ground. And yeah, I got some inspiration from Silent Hill and Jacob's Ladder. XD

That's the gist of it. :L It's just one of a few projects I'm working on.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #37 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 08:41:41 PM »
I spent a ridiculous amount of time making this during my senior year of high school.

Just thought I'd throw it up here.

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
« Reply #38 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 09:19:15 PM »
Batman giftwraps! :D

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #39 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 10:13:58 PM »
That is goddamn badass, Bleach. XD