Wu-tang Clan
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Wu-tang Clan  (Read 6309 times)

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Wu-tang Clan
« on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 02:04:39 PM »
I decided to check out the "music" section of the Rockmelon soda forums, a section I tend to avoid on most forums because holier-than thou elitist pricks just love to frequent these parts, and scrolling the front page I found some cool new bands, and a blatant flaw. There was a 0% presence of any RZA, GZA, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Method Man or (R.I.P) ODB on this here thread. A COMPLETE LACK OF WU TANG. It really shouldn't have taken this long. I am disappoint, internet.

Anyways, to those who are new to the music of these artists (get your head from under the rock you apparently live under first) I'll save you a description because if a picture says a thousand words, than a video says ten billion.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tYc7QKYLbE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tYc7QKYLbE</a>
Some BEE love for Topher :)

Post your love of the songs, the artists and the general awesomeness that is the Wu-tang clan here.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #1 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 02:24:36 PM »
Fave Wu-Tang song of all Time - *edited* - I use to pump this track constantly on my walkman when i was a kid. I can sing the lyrics by heart.

Fave Wu Member - GZA he has probably the highest % of tracks i like.

BTW I mentioned this before but RZA tweeted about a week or so ago Liquid Swords 2 is in the making. :)
« Last Edit: 10/ 28/ 2010, 11:38:03 AM by shibalba »

Wintersocks

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #2 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 02:43:49 PM »
Fave Wu-Tang song of all Time - Da Mystery of Chessboxin - I use to pump this track constantly on my walkman when i was a kid. I can sing the lyrics by heart.

Fave Wu Member - GZA he has probably the highest % of tracks i like.

BTW I mentioned this before but RZA tweeted about a week or so ago Liquid Swords 2 is in the making. :)

I swear to god you almost stopped my heart there.

JESUS LORD ALMIGHTY YAHWEH ALLAH CHRIST THATS FUCKIN' AWESOME!

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #3 on: 05/ 06/ 2010, 08:39:18 PM »
even though he doesn't do much outside of wu-tang proper, my favorite is inspectah deck. he kills it on all of his verses, especially on that first record.

Mrs Beedog

• A wife of noble character
  • Administrator
  • nubbin
  • こんにちは。私 Geraldo Beedog の妻午前。
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. It's a Lady! Happy Babies! Cosplayer Moonspeaker
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #4 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 01:51:55 AM »
First things first man ya fukken wid da worst I be stickin pins in ya head like a fukken nurse

あたしはAmerican love songがすきです。

Hanix

• nubbin
  • こんにちは私の名前はハニエルと私の愛のジャーナリズムは、
  • Badges Sauninda Happy Babies!
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #5 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 07:16:39 AM »
Wu-tang clan ain't nothin to fuck wit. Love that. Been listening to them for loke 10 years now and I just got my brother in law into them, all he want to listen to is them when were in the car.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #6 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 07:48:10 AM »
even though he doesn't do much outside of wu-tang proper, my favorite is inspectah deck. he kills it on all of his verses, especially on that first record.

deck did indeed have some killer verses, i think he just had a new album released in march although ive never listened to any of his releases.

Wintersocks

•   
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #7 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 10:24:38 AM »
I don't like Inspectah Deck's new stuff so much. It just sounds like words and backround noise.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #8 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 10:35:27 AM »
Fave Wu-Tang song of all Time - Da Mystery of Chessboxin - I use to pump this track constantly on my walkman when i was a kid. I can sing the lyrics by heart.

ALL MY PEOPLE ARE YOU WIT ME WHERE YOU AT?

Favourite member is probably Ghostface.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #9 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 10:47:43 AM »
ALL MY PEOPLE ARE YOU WIT ME WHERE YOU AT?

Favourite member is probably Ghostface.

i like ghostface alot too but his stuff is always hit or miss with me there is no middle ground with Ghostface. I didnt pick up his last release either simply because the album title made me cringe

theredpepperofdoom

• nubbin
  • A giant fish monster is behind you.
    • http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/theredpepperofdoom
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #10 on: 05/ 07/ 2010, 09:24:48 PM »
FUCK YEAH WU TANG CLAN
I love these guys. Enter the 36 Chambers is one of my favorite albums ever, I love RZA's beats and the rhymes.

Wintersocks

•   
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #11 on: 05/ 08/ 2010, 12:50:17 PM »
I have no shame in saying that I picked up the Afro Samurai game just for RZA's music. for 10 bucks, totally worth it. Dem tunes be awesome.

Wintersocks

•   
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #12 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 05:45:23 AM »
I also really liked Old Dirty Bastard's stuff. His lines were kinda sung-rapped.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ITLNzPoEqs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ITLNzPoEqs</a>

Hanix

• nubbin
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #13 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 10:24:19 AM »
I also really liked Old Dirty Bastard's stuff. His lines were kinda sung-rapped.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ITLNzPoEqs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ITLNzPoEqs</a>

I love ODB cuz mots of the time he comes out with the funniest shit.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #14 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 10:50:19 AM »
Dirty was batshit crazy, but the guy had a great voice and an awesome, unique style. All you needed to hear was one syllable and you knew it was him. His rhymes were some of my favorite in the entire Wu catalog. I miss that looney motherfucker.

Wintersocks

•   
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 01:35:09 PM »
Best album?

I can't decide. Currently I'm favoring 36 chambers, but it changes every week.

Hanix

• nubbin
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 09/ 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
Dirty was batshit crazy, but the guy had a great voice and an awesome, unique style. All you needed to hear was one syllable and you knew it was him. His rhymes were some of my favorite in the entire Wu catalog. I miss that looney motherfucker.

I can't agree more, I love that on C.R.E.A.M. he didn't have a verse but he had a vocal track after the hook and it always makes me laugh.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #17 on: 05/ 13/ 2010, 08:56:22 PM »
I've never really listed to the Wu-tang Clan much. I'm not really a rap guy either I guess, more of a punk rock/rock guy. If I do listen to rap though, it's definitely something along the lines of Atmosphere or Blue Scholars

Wintersocks

•   
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #18 on: 05/ 17/ 2010, 02:28:59 PM »
I've never really listed to the Wu-tang Clan much. I'm not really a rap guy either I guess, more of a punk rock/rock guy. If I do listen to rap though, it's definitely something along the lines of Atmosphere or Blue Scholars

Maybe some of the solo stuff from the artists would be more to your liking. Like the new RZA album.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Wu-tang Clan
« Reply #19 on: 05/ 17/ 2010, 03:44:49 PM »