Shows! Concerts! Bands!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Shows! Concerts! Bands!  (Read 25081 times)

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Shows! Concerts! Bands! aka Live Music
« Reply #60 on: 06/ 22/ 2010, 02:26:49 AM »
I am so jealous that you gotta see Dear Landlord. I'll be seeing Off With Your Heads next month at least.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #61 on: 06/ 22/ 2010, 11:00:16 AM »
Three crazy ass shows coming up, this thursday Donnybrook, Bitter End, Pushing On (local band) and Fraud (also local) are playing Skate High.

July 4th Down To Nothing (richmond HC) w/ Terror (CA Hardcore/metal/all around bad ass)

Sept 24th - Atari Teenage Riot in Baltimore 

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #62 on: 07/ 07/ 2010, 04:39:28 PM »
So instead of seeing Teenage Bottlerocket on the 16th, I'm gonna be seeing Final Fantasy Distant Worlds! :D

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #63 on: 07/ 14/ 2010, 10:44:08 AM »
just saw Imogen Heap play a 2 hour (zomg!) set tonight. probably the second most technical show ive seen. Lots of crazy stuff going on during her show. Live looping, vocoder work, a full band with two people playing violin. She does do a neat thing for her tours, she explained that she only picks openers that she truly loves and respects and not only do they tour with her but they also play with her in her band setting. I thought that was pretty awesome and it worked out really well. She also can command a crowd really really well got all of us to sing accompaniment for a song done acapella style. She broke the audience down into three sections and we all sung parts of just for now and there were a lot of good singers in the crowd so it made for a wonderful experience. Also I guess she does a thing for every show where she picks a charity that she likes in each city she plays and she asks the crowd for a key, maj or minor and tempo then she does an improv song that she records live and puts it up on her website for 1$ and all sales for that song go to charity. The improv that she did was amazing. Finally it is also nice to see artists that play in DC also fucking come to VA. Usually everyone skips VA because DC is a more popular place to play but fuck all that, it was nearly sold out tonight. SO :P to ou DC! :P :P :P :)

I just found out that the festival I'm going to next weekend has not only Imogen Heap, but Soil & Pimp AND Gil Scott Heron.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #64 on: 07/ 14/ 2010, 11:39:54 AM »
I just found out that the festival I'm going to next weekend has not only Imogen Heap, but Soil & Pimp AND Gil Scott Heron.

def try to check out Imogen if you are remotely into her, puts on such a great live show.

as for me ill be here tomorrow checking out my drummers other band (Vicegrip)

and me and my mates will be preforming here next Thursday

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #65 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 03:52:56 PM »
 Just got back from a great CCR tribute band. Drummer was 65 and ripped as hell. Anyways, awesome show.

Also, I have tickets for Tears for Fears on Aug 14. Pumped.
« Last Edit: 07/ 29/ 2010, 04:59:05 PM by Halidar »

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #66 on: 08/ 01/ 2010, 09:30:28 PM »
Friends and I are thinking of going to the Rockstar Uproar tour with Hail The Villain, New Medicine,  Airbourne, Hellyeah, Halestorm, Stone Sour, Avenged Sevenfold, and Disturbed in Salt Lake.... so...fucking....pumped!!!

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #67 on: 08/ 15/ 2010, 05:29:12 PM »
 Tears for Fear was wicked awesome. Amazing show.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
« Reply #68 on: 08/ 17/ 2010, 05:05:21 PM »
PEELANDER-Z and TsuShiMaMiRe are playing in October in Stockton. It's going to be fucking awesome!!

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #69 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 11:38:36 AM »
Just saw Atmosphere, Grieves, Blueprint, and Budo last night  a little bit away from my town. I'm more of a rock guy so i've never seen a hip-hop show before but it was pretty fucking awesome and everybody put on a good show. Ears are ringing though, but damn it was fun =D

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #70 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 11:40:37 AM »
^ Blueprint!!! nice!

for all of you lucky West Coast peoples check out this show if your into chill, groove mostly instrumental hiphop.

Blockhead Goes On Tour (has done music for a lot of Def Jux people El-P, Aesop Rock, Murs) he has 4 solo albums that are instrumental.
http://phatfriend.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/west-coasttexas-tour-is-upon-us/

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockstar
« Reply #71 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 11:46:58 AM »
I'm going to see this show Saturday

Texas In July - "Hook, Line, & Sinner"

This Or The Apocalypse - Subverse (New! with lyrics) Small | Large

Destruction of a Rose - "63" Blkheart Group

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
« Reply #72 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 11:47:57 AM »

DecepticonsAttack

•   
  • calmer than you are
  • Badges Beedog Approved Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
    • sheeeeeeeee
« Reply #73 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 12:26:09 PM »

heading to this in November, super fucking psyched for Weird Al and Mastodon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #74 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 12:44:02 PM »

heading to this in November, super fucking psyched for Weird Al and Mastodon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The Bronx, RJD2, Appleseed Cast, Jean Grae, Kaki King, Munciple Waste (wtf?!?), Suicidal Tendencies.

sounds like a damn fine lineup.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
« Reply #75 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 01:11:32 PM »
The casualties! that festival looks fucking sick

DecepticonsAttack

•   
  • calmer than you are
  • Badges Beedog Approved Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
    • sheeeeeeeee
« Reply #76 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 01:19:10 PM »
word, I am very excite

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
« Reply #77 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 02:11:26 PM »
Fuuuuck, I wish I could see Capn' Jazz again.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #78 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 03:09:44 PM »
That festival looks sweet!

Just realized that the Gaslight Anthem will be playing in Berlin in November! HALLE FUCKING LUJAH!
With Gorillaz, Apocalyptica and The Divine Comedy, this will be my autumn with the most concerts ever! EXCITE!

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #79 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 07:58:33 PM »

ah damn that's a super badass lineup right there!