TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!  (Read 95484 times)

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
It could be a doll, action figure or just something awesome made out of Lego.
Pictures! Pictures of toys, they can be toys you've seen in the interwebs, or toys you own in real life.
« Last Edit: 06/ 09/ 2010, 12:46:09 AM by Seanileus »

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #1 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 07:35:01 PM »
I'll get ball rolling with one of my oldest figures.

Naru Narusegawa

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #2 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 07:52:32 PM »
Here's my small but ever growing collection:

Sean

•   
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #3 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 07:55:14 PM »
I don't suppose you got any Kaolla Su?

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #4 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 08:01:21 PM »
My LEGO Vic Viper, I used some references for accuracy.

PM for blue prints?

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #5 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 08:27:42 PM »

That Saki is gorgeous. I'll have to look for her at the next con.

I don't suppose you got any Kaolla Su?

No :(

Sega only made Naru and Shinobu sitters. I have the Naru and I gave a friend the Shinobu.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #6 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 08:38:45 PM »
That Saki is gorgeous. I'll have to look for her at the next con.

Thanks! She was actually the first figure I ever bought; I was just coming off of a Genshiken marathon and I was in love with her character. I know she's still available on the net for pretty cheap.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #7 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 09:15:38 PM »
Don't own many. There is a supreme lack of Japanese toys (for the most part) in my inventory. Sad but true. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Isaac.

FEARSOME.

Undead Rogue. Woweewawoo.

Succubus summon. More Woweewawoo.

Evil Santa Clause. Fucker didn't want to stay standing, since I lost the stand.

.......Napoleon Dynamite. XD

He's got red on him.

And then there's this guy.

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #8 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 09:34:58 PM »
Some of mine, reposted from my Tomopop c-blogs.

Sean

•   
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #9 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 10:08:57 PM »
These are all marvelous.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #10 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 11:42:42 PM »
Justice Dude, your display is awesome.

Busy day tomorrow but I'll get around to posting some of my toys soon-ish. Unfortunately I'm one of those people that usually leaves them in the box. Except my Bishoujo Rogue. <3

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #11 on: 05/ 13/ 2010, 08:42:03 AM »
Don't own many. There is a supreme lack of Japanese toys (for the most part) in my inventory. Sad but true. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Isaac.

I have wanted this for a while nice buy and it from what ive seen it's not a bad price considering it has led lights in it.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #12 on: 05/ 13/ 2010, 02:11:55 PM »
I have wanted this for a while nice buy and it from what ive seen it's not a bad price considering it has led lights in it.

Yup, it wasn't very pricey. Especially since I got it from the Frank & Son Collectible Show, which tends to sell things cheaper. I can't remember the price though. XD

Senisan

•   
  • Badges Manly Man tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #13 on: 05/ 14/ 2010, 07:53:10 PM »
I've been waiting for one of thee~se!

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #14 on: 05/ 15/ 2010, 07:39:30 AM »
Seanileus made me realize a good question in the badge ideas thread.

What is the appropriate amount of time one should spend "playing" with their toys. This is a very broad question and can be answered in a myriad of ways depending on WHAT kind of figures/plush/nendos you often buy, and I think that makes the question more interesting.

Since WHAT you buy is also going to factor in to how you spend time with it, do you often find your self buying toys so you can spend more time with them (such as buying figmas more because their poseable and you can do more with them, buying plushies more because their a fuck load harder for your cat to knock off the shelf and brake.)

Two reason why I recently canceled my 1/8 scales and decided to shoot for plush is because and I don't have to worry nearly as much about braking them. I have a cat, she likes to hop on things, she likes to knock things down on the things she hops on. With plushes I don't have to worry about this as I don't have to have a particular spot to set my plush, and shes a lot more likely to ignore it if she comes in my room provided it doesn't move, and even if she gets her paws on it for a few seconds the damage would be minimal as I have a laser.

Aside from that factor, I could get a lot more use with a plush if I were to buy two or more as someone demonstrated hat changing shenanigans on my Tomopop cblog.

What say you guys?

Senisan

•   
  • Badges Manly Man tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 15/ 2010, 07:47:14 AM »
lol I don't remember posting anything in the badge thread yet. As for your question, I enjoy buying poseable toys like figmas and revoltechs because I can always have them doing something different whenever I feel like it. One minute I could have Mio helping me figure out how to fix my Dreamcast, the other minute she could be rocking out with her bass next to the cool and serious Duke.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 15/ 2010, 07:48:13 AM »
lol that wasn't me!

DERP. You two have really similar names. Fixed it.

Copy pasta so it's on the first post of the second page:

Seanileus made me realize a good question in the badge ideas thread.

What is the appropriate amount of time one should spend "playing" with their toys. This is a very broad question and can be answered in a myriad of ways depending on WHAT kind of figures/plush/nendos you often buy, and I think that makes the question more interesting.

Since WHAT you buy is also going to factor in to how you spend time with it, do you often find your self buying toys so you can spend more time with them (such as buying figmas more because their poseable and you can do more with them, buying plushies more because their a fuck load harder for your cat to knock off the shelf and brake.)

Two reason why I recently canceled my 1/8 scales and decided to shoot for plush is because and I don't have to worry nearly as much about braking them. I have a cat, she likes to hop on things, she likes to knock things down on the things she hops on. With plushes I don't have to worry about this as I don't have to have a particular spot to set my plush, and shes a lot more likely to ignore it if she comes in my room provided it doesn't move, and even if she gets her paws on it for a few seconds the damage would be minimal as I have a laser.

Aside from that factor, I could get a lot more use with a plush if I were to buy two or more as someone demonstrated hat changing shenanigans on my Tomopop cblog.

What say you guys?

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #17 on: 05/ 15/ 2010, 01:33:18 PM »
I never play with mine, they're just there to look at. Then again, mine are all PVC figures so there's not really much outside of looking at them that I could do.

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #18 on: 05/ 17/ 2010, 06:27:40 AM »

Keep in mind there are two versions. One with the Ripper (it's big but missing some detail) and the other is the Plasma Cutter (it's small so it seems like you are getting less of a deal?)

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
TOYS TOYS TOYS!!!
« Reply #19 on: 05/ 17/ 2010, 09:01:24 AM »
Keep in mind there are two versions. One with the Ripper (it's big but missing some detail) and the other is the Plasma Cutter (it's small so it seems like you are getting less of a deal?)

I'm not sure how many versions there are but i think all versions have the LED Mask and LED Spine which i think is pretty rad, also i guess the left hand is painted blue in the palm to represent the GPS thing. I think they run about 20-30 which i worth it imo.

Patrick Bateman hiding - has sound and is 12 inches tall

I keep these in a box because i have no space for them outside.

Also kept in a box

Gameboy plush made by someone in the land down under, purple plush came from the behemoth booth at PAX East, the Two-Face and Joker toys in the box are from Hot Toys, Arkham Aslyum 4 Pack, The Thing Dog scene, Dark Void statue (only because it was discounted on the last day of PAX West 2009), Tachikomas, Eva Figures and Toys r us exclusive Joker my friend got me.

Various Batman Dark Victory, Long Halloween and Hush figures. Also joker and catwoman figures and 30 days of night set.

Walking Dead statue Rick Grimes vs Zombie, Kubrick Alien, Ryoko, Castle Crashers got a couple of them signed when i went to PAX West 09,

Also

and finally i have this (not my picture) downstairs and it is everybit as badass as it looks