Podcasts!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Podcasts!  (Read 26050 times)

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Podcasts!
« Reply #240 on: 12/ 22/ 2015, 01:56:04 AM »
i dont listen to a lot of fiction stuff unfortunately. if im devoting time to audio fiction, im listening to an audiobook from Audible.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Podcasts!
« Reply #241 on: 12/ 23/ 2015, 04:58:24 AM »
It ain't fiction, but The Moth is great. There have been a bunch of really great stories told in those shows.
The 5by5 network has a bunch of cool shows.
I generally would recommend checking out what http://www.radiotopia.fm/ has to offer. They are doing really great stuff.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Podcasts!
« Reply #242 on: 04/ 06/ 2016, 12:29:01 PM »
I've been a massive fan of Ray Peacock's early work with the Ray Peacock Podcast and his early stuff with Peacock and Gamble. Eventually however it updated sporadically and ended up just featuring new guests every week instead of focussing on the core dynamics of Ray and Ed.

The Parapod is a return to form for Ray Peacock as he is back at his best; bullying and knocking down his co-host this time Barry Dobson. I'm not a man of change and I didn't think Ray-Raji dynamic could be matched but it is here.
I'm really glad he's back in this form as it keeps me snickering all the way home from work on the bus. It's a shame I can't put them all on my iPhone due to the size limitations on the phone

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Podcasts!
« Reply #243 on: 04/ 06/ 2016, 02:38:31 PM »
The Parapod is great. i hope it continues for a while. I wish Gamble would make a guest appearance, but it seems like him and Ray had a falling out so i doubt that would happen.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Podcasts!
« Reply #244 on: 04/ 06/ 2016, 03:45:15 PM »
The Parapod is great. i hope it continues for a while. I wish Gamble would make a guest appearance, but it seems like him and Ray had a falling out so i doubt that would happen.

Did they have a falling out!? It's the first I've heard of it.
I would've thought their TV show/ writing ideas never panned out so Ed went onto other things like Almost Royal (which is good) and Ray carried on with stand up and more recently this

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Podcasts!
« Reply #245 on: 04/ 06/ 2016, 11:54:31 PM »
it seems that when they stopped doing their show for Fubar radio, Ed ended up not being paid all of what he was owed, and Ray kept making a show for Fubar, and that kind of drove them apart? theres been no real statement so this is all just speculation, but also a few weeks ago the Peacock and Gamble Popdcast facebook account changed its profile pic to solid black, and then i think deleted the page a while after that. The P&G Twitter is also a black box for an avatar and has had the description deleted.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Podcasts!
« Reply #246 on: 04/ 09/ 2016, 01:32:13 PM »
Ah yep. Money, that'll do it.

Shame cause I think Ray and Ed had really good chemistry when it came to P and G.
Went to a live show of theirs when they came to my university. Didn't really like it so much. I find a lot of Ray's scripted work quite dull and predictable. His off the top stuff is brilliant though which is why I love the podcasts when he just riffs off the other co-hosts.

I've listened to a fair bit of the parapod now. Wished I knew about it sooner as I actually live nearish to Pontefract so I would've loved to go to the house with the crew.
The paranormal angle is really interesting as a subject and Barry has grown on me as a co-host but I really do Ray would humour Barry more. They hardly get into the Paranormal stuff before Ray shuts him down so there's not much paranormal content in the podcast and instead it's Barry kind of floundering for answers.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Podcasts!
« Reply #247 on: 04/ 10/ 2016, 07:42:15 PM »
yeah. i mean ray really shines when he can take the angle of the person having to deal with a stupid co-host. The RPP with Raji, the FUBAR show with his producer Nat, and now the Parapod.

Do you listen to the Fubar show that Ray's currently doing? its not bad, but its not as good as The Parapod or any of his stuff with Ed.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Podcasts!
« Reply #248 on: 04/ 11/ 2016, 01:03:08 AM »
I sometimes see it pop up on twitter whenever he is on. But it usually doesn't go in line with whenever I want to listen to something like that.

I usually listen to podcasts either on the commute home from work or when I'm playing street fighter

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Podcasts!
« Reply #249 on: 04/ 11/ 2016, 10:12:01 AM »
it gets posted as a podcast as well so you dont need to catch it live.

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Podcasts!
« Reply #250 on: 04/ 11/ 2016, 11:51:14 PM »
Dismal Jesters again, I'm pretty sure it can't be beat.

Also what happened to HAWPcast? Isn't it tied to their patreon?

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Podcasts!
« Reply #251 on: 04/ 12/ 2016, 01:06:47 AM »
They haven't updated in a while I know.
It's sad cause they're really good when they do come out even though I only really care about Anthony and Ash.

Their latest HAWP was really funny though

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Podcasts!
« Reply #252 on: 02/ 15/ 2017, 04:03:06 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03viCTmT3Qo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03viCTmT3Qo</a>

Above is Ian Boldsworth (formerly known as Ray Peacock) guesting on Richard Herring's show. Some people may have seen this being posted on reddit before but to me it was new.
A good show for laughter and also seriousness for mental illness.

Anyways this put Richard Herring on the radar for me and then that led me onto the Collings and Herrin podcast.
They've broken up now but thankfully all their stuff is still on iTunes.
It's like listening to a blast from the past with 2008 episodes forecasting election candidate positions.
Maybe not so much for American viewers since the majority of the show they rip on right wing newspapers like the Daily Mail and The Sun.

TL;DR Collings and Herrin is my new binging podcast series

mcnyers

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Secret Santa 2010
Podcasts!
« Reply #253 on: 02/ 19/ 2017, 03:40:46 PM »
Does anybody else here listen to Harmontown? I've been very obsessed with it lately

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
Podcasts!
« Reply #254 on: 08/ 04/ 2017, 04:04:48 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjyA9HY-6jo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjyA9HY-6jo</a>

This is more of a plug for one of my friend's new projects, a comedy podcast called Live at 45.
They discuss different subjects week to week and have been working on this project for a good few months.

Any RMS guys please give this a look. I think the production quality is high and he would appreciate any feedback. Since he's a really close friend I like a lot of his humour so I'm hearing this through rose tinted headphones.