Upcoming movies
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Upcoming movies  (Read 16874 times)

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Upcoming movies
« Reply #80 on: 03/ 11/ 2011, 07:28:26 PM »
Kickass was a good movie.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Upcoming movies
« Reply #81 on: 03/ 11/ 2011, 07:40:54 PM »
The whole thing really did not sit right with me. It felt like it was waving its butt in my face the whole time like LOOK AT ALL THIS COOL ACTION AND VIOLENCE AREN'T I SOOOO COOOOL? UNF UNF.

Then again I am incredibly cynical when it comes to superheroes and Kick Ass might have pushed me over the edge.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Upcoming movies
« Reply #82 on: 03/ 11/ 2011, 07:49:20 PM »
 It was a pretty, well written movie with a sprinkle of serious story telling and solid commitment to it's themes and origins.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Upcoming movies
« Reply #83 on: 03/ 11/ 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
The whole thing really did not sit right with me. It felt like it was waving its butt in my face the whole time like LOOK AT ALL THIS COOL ACTION AND VIOLENCE AREN'T I SOOOO COOOOL? UNF UNF.

Then again I am incredibly cynical when it comes to superheroes and Kick Ass might have pushed me over the edge.

I don't mind superheroes in movies. Kickass was alright.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Upcoming movies
« Reply #84 on: 03/ 11/ 2011, 08:35:06 PM »
I like the movie Kickass compared the the subpar comic book.

Avalon

•   
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Upcoming movies
« Reply #85 on: 03/ 12/ 2011, 11:56:40 AM »
It was a pretty, well written movie with a sprinkle of serious story telling and solid commitment to it's themes and origins.

I'll say it was pretty, not really my kind of pretty, but pretty nonetheless. Idk so much about the writing, and what felt disingenuous was that the film wanted to have its violence both ways: gritty hero gets his teeth kicked in violence but at the same time LOOK HOW COOL HIT GIRL IS BRUTALLY MURDERING ALL THESE PEOPLE IN FANCIFUL WAYS, and for me it was one or the other.

Super on the other hand is not taking itself seriously in the slightest, by the looks of it, it knows full well that its main character is an idiot with an extremely tenuous grasp on the way the world works.

I like the movie Kickass compared the the subpar comic book.

True, it did improve greatly on the source material which is a hard thing for adaptations to do.

Agro

• nubbin
  • Badges Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears
Upcoming movies
« Reply #86 on: 03/ 12/ 2011, 12:07:53 PM »
Yep, I'm looking forward to Super a lot. I thought Kick-Ass was only okay. I thought the writing was cliche and pretty bad overall. The thing I really liked was Big Daddy for some reason. I dunno, maybe because he had just the right amount of cheesiness mixed with awesomeness.

Avalon

•   
Upcoming movies
« Reply #87 on: 03/ 12/ 2011, 12:20:35 PM »
Yep, I'm looking forward to Super a lot. I thought Kick-Ass was only okay. I thought the writing was cliche and pretty bad overall. The thing I really liked was Big Daddy for some reason. I dunno, maybe because he had just the right amount of cheesiness mixed with awesomeness.

Despite what I said before, that definitely is my non-ironic favourite Nic Cage role.

Agro

• nubbin
  • Badges Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears
Upcoming movies
« Reply #88 on: 03/ 12/ 2011, 12:28:41 PM »
Despite what I said before, that definitely is my non-ironic favourite Nic Cage role.

The warehouse scene with the 28 Days Later music was pretty awesome:

KICK-ASS "Big Daddy Warehouse Shootout": on Blu-Ray Combo Pack Aug 3 2010 : MAPLE PICTURES

Personally, I like a lot of Nic Cage roles, but he does also have a lot of terrible roles.

Some of my favorites were Wild at Heart and Raising Arizona.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Upcoming movies
« Reply #89 on: 03/ 15/ 2011, 08:54:18 AM »
Face Off was one of my fave roles from Cage.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Upcoming movies
« Reply #90 on: 03/ 29/ 2011, 05:28:50 PM »
Fillion>>>>>>>>>>Cage. I only really like Cage when he's unintentionally humourous i.e. Con Air.
Why didn't you put the bunny back in the box?

Avalon

•   
Upcoming movies
« Reply #91 on: 03/ 29/ 2011, 05:56:09 PM »

DON'T MOVE OR THE BUNNY GETS IT

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Upcoming movies
« Reply #92 on: 03/ 30/ 2011, 11:29:15 AM »
Saying this right now - Super 8 is going to be film of the year.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Upcoming movies
« Reply #93 on: 03/ 30/ 2011, 03:13:38 PM »

I'm on the opposite end and predict it will be the biggest let down of the year.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Upcoming movies
« Reply #94 on: 03/ 30/ 2011, 03:22:15 PM »
I hope so. I actually liked Cloverfield and am kind of a sucker for the whole viral-marketing thing.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Upcoming movies
« Reply #95 on: 03/ 30/ 2011, 03:24:03 PM »
I'm on the opposite end and predict it will be the biggest let down of the year.

I had no idea what to expect but once i saw the latest trailer it gave me goosebumps.  Im hoping it goes the route im thinking a semi serious youth adventure ala Sandlot, ET etc.

I hope so. I actually liked Cloverfield and am kind of a sucker for the whole viral-marketing thing.

I didn't like Cloverfield the shakey cam is way overrated. Like the idea but it just didn't pan out for me. Because i was expecting more OH SHIT moments like when the person "blew-up" behind the curtain. And was let down.

With Super 8 was expecting another Cloverfield but it looks like the route they're taking is going to be something even better and totally unexpected.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Upcoming movies
« Reply #96 on: 03/ 30/ 2011, 03:41:04 PM »

I completely agree with you. It's going for the classic Amblin feel and that is exactly the feeling I got when I watched the trailer. I cannot wait for it to come out.

redlemon

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Upcoming movies
« Reply #97 on: 04/ 03/ 2011, 02:01:38 PM »
The best thing thing about cloverfield was the end credits theme.

ROAR! Cloverfield Overture HQ Small | Large

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Upcoming movies
« Reply #98 on: 04/ 03/ 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
I don't get why everybody hates that movie. Sure it wasn't great, but I thought it was a pretty decent giant monster flick. Although to be honest, I was only like 13 when I first saw it and have only seen it maybe once since then, so maybe I wouldn't like it as much if I watched it now. Still, I'm really looking forward to Super 8.                                   

redlemon

•   
    • Sketchbook
Upcoming movies
« Reply #99 on: 04/ 03/ 2011, 02:13:22 PM »
I don't hate it at all. It was alright.