Punk Rock
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Punk Rock  (Read 10972 times)

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Punk Rock
« Reply #60 on: 04/ 30/ 2011, 08:09:01 PM »
http://www.caughtinthecrossfire.com/music/live/descendents-live/

Milo's voice blew out and people are pissed.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Punk Rock
« Reply #61 on: 04/ 30/ 2011, 08:51:13 PM »
yeah, they put this statement out regarding it.

There has been understandable frustration from many people who attended the show. They waited a long time to see us, paid good money to do so, and they feel that we gave a less than satisfactory performance.
We couldn't agree more.

Milo's voice "gave out" at about the 3rd song, and while he did his best to go forward with the show, he was simply not able to perform once his voice was gone. Friends got up and sang some songs to help us try to give a good show, but there really wasn't much we could do with Milo's voice gone. Several fans have pointed out that we should have ended the show right then and there, and hindsight is 20/20. It was an incredibly hard decision to make on the spot, and none of the choices on the table felt good.

When we got on stage on the 25th, we had absolutely no reason to expect things to go the way they did. Milo's voice had been fine at the two previous shows we'd done, and his voice was clear all day before the show. We take a lot of pride in our live shows, and would never want to deliver a less than killer performance.

As a result of the condition of Milo's voice during the April 25th show, we decided to cancel our show the following night. We were unable to announce the cancellation in time for people who had to travel to see the show, and we all feel awful about that. This late cancellation was because Milo woke up with his voice somewhat restored, and felt like he might be able to manage the show. We decided to do soundcheck, but after playing Silly Girl and Coolidge during the soundcheck, we discovered that his voice had not healed enough for us to give a great show. That was when we knew that we had to call it.

Needless to say, we're really bummed that the shows went the way they did. We want to sincerely apologize to all who came to the show expecting to see a high energy Descendents show; we understand that you were let down. We know many people have been waiting a long time to see us, and we want to give you our best.

We are working with the promoters in London to plan a free make up show. We have just arrived home and so no plans have been made yet, but we know that we owe you one hell of a show, and we promise to deliver on it.

sounds pretty reasonable. im glad i wasnt at that show, though.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Punk Rock
« Reply #62 on: 04/ 30/ 2011, 08:59:46 PM »
It sucks that people were booing them and everything. They did the best they could do with what happened and some awesome stuff came out of it.

Brandon from TBR playing drums while Bill Stevenson sings.
Descendents "Clean Sheets" Live @ Shepherds Bush Empire 25/06/11 Small | Large

Bill playing guitar, Milo on Bass, Steve drumming and Karl singing.
Descendents "Coolidge" Live @ Shepherds Bush Empire 25/06/11 Small | Large

I'm glad they're gonna make it up with a free show. I just wish people were more understanding about it.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Punk Rock
« Reply #63 on: 04/ 30/ 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
yeah totally. i dont know what people expected him to do with a blown voice. its teal tough to even talk with a blown voice, let alone sing a whole punk show.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Punk Rock
« Reply #64 on: 05/ 04/ 2011, 02:50:07 PM »
ALL is going to be playing Punk Rock Bowling with all three singers!
http://www.punkrockbowling.com/music-festival#!__music-festival/sat-club

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Punk Rock
« Reply #65 on: 05/ 04/ 2011, 03:12:27 PM »
Just heard about that, that is fucking crazy.  So wish I could go.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Punk Rock
« Reply #67 on: 05/ 09/ 2011, 12:56:49 PM »
New Alkaline Trio album. Comes out July 12th. It's acoustic.

And the tracklist

01. Calling All Skeletons
02. Nose Over Tail
03. This Could Be Love
04. Every Thug Needs A Lady
05. Clavicle
06. Mercy Me
07. The American Scream
08. We've Had Enough
09. Olde English 800
10. I Held Her In My Arms
11. Blue In The Face
12. I Remember A Rooftop
13. Private Eye
14. You've Got So Far To Go
15. Radio

I love that art. I really liked the acoustic tracks from This Addiction so this should be cool.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Punk Rock
« Reply #68 on: 05/ 09/ 2011, 01:25:15 PM »
I'm really looking forward to hearing how a lot of the newer songs sound, but a little worried about the older ones.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Punk Rock
« Reply #69 on: 05/ 09/ 2011, 07:33:06 PM »
Alkaline Trio - Clavicle [Damnesia] Small | Large

Song from the preorder is uploaded. It's quite nice.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Punk Rock
« Reply #70 on: 05/ 09/ 2011, 08:13:12 PM »
Well, all my fears just went out the window! This sounds great!

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Punk Rock
« Reply #71 on: 05/ 10/ 2011, 02:40:37 AM »
http://totaltreble.bigcartel.com/

"Total Clarity" and the "Russian Spies" 7" by Against Me! are both up for pre-orders now!

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Punk Rock
« Reply #72 on: 05/ 12/ 2011, 09:34:09 PM »

Hahahaha. Oh, Milo.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Punk Rock
« Reply #73 on: 05/ 17/ 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
Fat Mike tweeted about how Me First is recording a new album and said he can't say was the theme is, but posted this video:

チューリップ 心の旅  1973 Small | Large

I think this is going to be an awesome record.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Punk Rock
« Reply #75 on: 05/ 17/ 2011, 04:47:13 PM »
I really like the idea of country themed EPs. Looking forward to hearing them as they are released!

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Punk Rock
« Reply #76 on: 05/ 23/ 2011, 08:33:25 AM »
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_songs-punk.html
I just wanted to know how many of these you agree with because I don't agree with the number 1 spot at all.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
Punk Rock
« Reply #77 on: 05/ 23/ 2011, 08:44:42 AM »
just the fact that it barely acknowledges punk music past the mid-80s makes it seem a bit ridiculous, but just out of the songs this person actually included, the order seems a bit wacky. a clash song should be number one, but i would have to do some soul searching to tell you which one.

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Punk Rock
« Reply #78 on: 05/ 23/ 2011, 09:05:12 AM »
I do agree with the Clash being number one though they aren't a personal favorite of mine. Also Minor Threats song Minor Threat should be way higher on that list.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Punk Rock
« Reply #79 on: 05/ 23/ 2011, 03:37:53 PM »
I would probably put a Clash song as number one too, but a Ramones songs is fine. The rest of the list is pretty much bullshit though. I mean, Leftover Crack...really?