The Cinema
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Cinema  (Read 45302 times)

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« on: 06/ 04/ 2010, 11:04:15 AM »
A place to relax and talk casually about new movies, old movies, movies you love, movies you hate, popcorn and other movie-related snacks, and basically anything film-related.

I'll start. Pulp Fiction is da bomb. That movie is just straight awesomesauce.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #1 on: 06/ 04/ 2010, 11:22:09 AM »
Pulp Fiction is a great movie but Kill Bill Vol 1 is by far my fave Tarantino flick. My least fave is Death Proof that shit put me to sleep in the theater.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #2 on: 06/ 04/ 2010, 12:07:41 PM »
I liked Pulp Fiction, but I too preferred Kill Bill. The only thing that drove me nuts about PF is that everyone was implying that Tarantino was the first to shoot things out of order. Uh no. They were doing that back in old French cinema. Yes, he's a great director but he didn't make that up.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #3 on: 06/ 04/ 2010, 12:41:30 PM »
Im gonna go with a clichè comment and say that the Samuel L Jackson lines are in my top 3 fav lines on a movie, Sadly i havent seen kill Bill but for some weird reason i want to watch  reservoir dogs more than Kill Bill , i know i fail....

Wintersocks

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #4 on: 06/ 05/ 2010, 04:31:36 AM »
I love Kill Bill for different reasons than Pulp Fiction. I love Pulp Fiction for it's gangster flair and it's superb writing and story, fleshed out characters and "ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!".

I need to go back and watch Kill Bill 1 and 2.

While were at it, Kill Bill One or Kill Bill Two, which one is better?

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockstar
The Cinema
« Reply #5 on: 06/ 05/ 2010, 12:37:18 PM »
I love Kill Bill for different reasons than Pulp Fiction. I love Pulp Fiction for it's gangster flair and it's superb writing and story, fleshed out characters and "ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!".

I need to go back and watch Kill Bill 1 and 2.

While were at it, Kill Bill One or Kill Bill Two, which one is better?
Probably the first one for me, but they complement each other so it's not the same if you only watch one and not the other.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #6 on: 06/ 05/ 2010, 01:05:31 PM »
I like 2 best but I can't recall which movie this speech comes from.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiKXVYF6-hY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiKXVYF6-hY</a>

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
The Cinema
« Reply #7 on: 06/ 05/ 2010, 01:07:45 PM »
I like 2 best but I can't recall which movie this speech comes from.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiKXVYF6-hY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiKXVYF6-hY</a>

the first one! I love that part

Wintersocks

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #8 on: 06/ 05/ 2010, 01:58:20 PM »
Oh god that I love that part so hard.

Talk about an intro. Tarantino knows how to do that shit.

Wintersocks

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #9 on: 06/ 08/ 2010, 11:15:22 AM »
Is Get Him Greek any good? I'm in the mood for a The Hangover style comedy.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
The Cinema
« Reply #10 on: 06/ 08/ 2010, 11:23:09 AM »
Is Get Him Greek any good? I'm in the mood for a The Hangover style comedy.
It was definitely enjoyable. You will have fun with it. Not a great movie by any means but worth a watch

Wintersocks

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #11 on: 06/ 08/ 2010, 11:36:30 AM »
It was definitely enjoyable. You will have fun with it. Not a great movie by any means but worth a watch

Sweet. My local cinema has these weekly deals where if you and a group of over three people buy tickets for a certain movie, the drinks are 80 percent off. My movie theatre is da bomb.

How are your guy's local theatres?

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
The Cinema
« Reply #12 on: 06/ 08/ 2010, 11:54:36 AM »
Sweet. My local cinema has these weekly deals where if you and a group of over three people buy tickets for a certain movie, the drinks are 80 percent off. My movie theatre is da bomb.

How are your guy's local theatres?
Meh.

But my best friend works there, along with his girlfriend and his sister so they all get me into most movies for free. Everything except big releases.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
The Cinema
« Reply #13 on: 06/ 08/ 2010, 11:57:02 AM »
meh here as well. There's a 5 dollar theater but you'll stick to the floor. It has cleaning issues.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #14 on: 06/ 08/ 2010, 01:01:50 PM »
We have a local theather called the Naro here but it is pretty meh as well, they do however show a lot of indie and non mainstream films so i guess thats ok. They also have a rental store next door that is pretty kick ass but driving out there isnt really that ideal.

Wintersocks

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #15 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 10:20:52 AM »
So Matt Razak seems to like this Splice movie?

I know it's good, but is it at all scary?

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
The Cinema
« Reply #16 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 12:35:44 PM »
Watched Kamikaze Girls for the 3rd or 4th time a day or so ago. I can only imagine that this is the feeling dudes get when they watch buddy cop films. Love it so much.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
The Cinema
« Reply #17 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 02:47:21 PM »
So Matt Razak seems to like this Splice movie?

I know it's good, but is it at all scary?
NO

Wintersocks

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #18 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 02:48:57 PM »
NO

No gene-splice monster action?

Talk about misleading trailers.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
The Cinema
« Reply #19 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 02:51:25 PM »
No gene-splice monster action?

Talk about misleading trailers.
Really not a horror movie in any way. there is some fucked up shit in it. (not gore related) It is a very strange movie. I guess you could call the second to last scene horror but it would be a stretch