The Cinema
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Cinema  (Read 47046 times)

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #20 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 03:00:22 PM »
No gene-splice monster action?

Talk about misleading trailers.

It's really the best way to get people to see the movie that it actually is. I'm really glad it wasn't just a run of the mill monster movie. I wanted something I've never seen before and the more delivered big time.

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #21 on: 06/ 10/ 2010, 02:23:59 PM »
So Repo Men just came out for us DIRTY EUROPEANS. I think I'll watch that. Looks awesome and I know that UNKLE makes an appearance in the soundtrack, so I'm going to watch this movie sooner or later. I feel like an actiony movie or a horror movie, and since Splice is not scary, Repo Men is the only option.

Wintersocks

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #22 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 05:18:18 AM »
I'm sick again, so I've been watching a butt-ton of zombie movies, and after having watched Evil Dead 1 and 2, Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead, I've come to the conclusion that Zombieland wasn't that great of a zombie movie when juxtaposed with these classics.

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #23 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 05:40:40 AM »
So Repo Men just came out for us DIRTY EUROPEANS. I think I'll watch that. Looks awesome and I know that UNKLE makes an appearance in the soundtrack, so I'm going to watch this movie sooner or later. I feel like an actiony movie or a horror movie, and since Splice is not scary, Repo Men is the only option.
Definitely not a horror movie, but I heard a few good things about it. I'd reccomend you check out the musical it was based on Repo The Genetic Opera.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockstar
The Cinema
« Reply #24 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 11:03:15 AM »
I'm sick again, so I've been watching a butt-ton of zombie movies, and after having watched Evil Dead 1 and 2, Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead, I've come to the conclusion that Zombieland wasn't that great of a zombie movie when juxtaposed with these classics.
Watch 28 Days Later! that movie is amazing imo!

Wintersocks

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #25 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 11:28:35 AM »
Watch 28 Days Later! that movie is amazing imo!

I like my Zombie movies to be B-movies, campy, and to have slow zombies.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
The Cinema
« Reply #26 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
I like my Zombie movies to be B-movies, campy, and to have slow zombies.
AWWW... It so good though. Oh well, I can see your point

Cataract

• Mechanical Pony Wrangler
  •   
  • Serious business.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Manly Man Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #27 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 11:34:50 AM »
Mentioned it in The Bar, but I'll say it here, too.

Watched Akira Kuroswa's Ikiru last night. Loved it, and made me think a lot about life.

Wintersocks

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #28 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 01:54:42 PM »
Mentioned it in The Bar, but I'll say it here, too.

Watched Akira Kuroswa's Ikiru last night. Loved it, and made me think a lot about life.

Would you mind giving a man who's anime movie backlog consists of a bunch of Studio Ghibli movies a rundown of the plot?

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Manly Man Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #29 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 02:00:31 PM »
I'll do it as spoiler free as possible.

A man lives his life as a bureaucrat, and follows the same routine every day. He goes to the doctor one day to find out he has stomach cancer, and only six months left to live. He decides to actually start living his life to the fullest, since he feels like he's wasted most of it.

Wintersocks

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #30 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 02:09:53 PM »
I'll do it as spoiler free as possible.

A man lives his life as a bureaucrat, and follows the same routine every day. He goes to the doctor one day to find out he has stomach cancer, and only six months left to live. He decides to actually start living his life to the fullest, since he feels like he's wasted most of it.

So... the bucket list of Anime?

Also, where can I buy/not-steal the dub/subtitled version?

Cataract

•   
  • Serious business.
The Cinema
« Reply #31 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 03:18:39 PM »
Not anime, it's all live. Also, it's on Netflix if you have it.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #32 on: 06/ 17/ 2010, 05:40:41 PM »
Anyone watched the new karate kid? yay or nay?

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #33 on: 06/ 18/ 2010, 09:13:48 AM »
Anyone watched the new karate kid? yay or nay?

It was good. A fun movie, obviously not as good as the first, but re-makes/imaginings never are. 100% worth seeing.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
The Cinema
« Reply #34 on: 06/ 18/ 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
It was good. A fun movie, obviously not as good as the first, but re-makes/imaginings never are. 100% worth seeing.
I hate Will Smith (well except for his terribly awesome music), Does this mean I will hate his kid as well?

Wintersocks

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #35 on: 06/ 18/ 2010, 12:28:49 PM »
I hate Will Smith (well except for his terribly awesome music), Does this mean I will hate his kid as well?

Will Smith is the Karate kid?

WTF?!

thesillyoldbear

• nubbin
    • The Bear Reviews
The Cinema
« Reply #36 on: 06/ 18/ 2010, 12:39:09 PM »
Will Smith is the Karate kid?

WTF?!

No, Jaden Smith, Will Smith's son.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #37 on: 06/ 18/ 2010, 12:53:05 PM »

You WHAT? ... I ... I think so? I mean, he isn't his dad.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
The Cinema
« Reply #38 on: 06/ 18/ 2010, 01:06:50 PM »

You WHAT? ... I ... I think so? I mean, he isn't his dad.
Well we'll see... I might see it this weekend since I have nothing to do. either that or The A Team.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #39 on: 06/ 18/ 2010, 01:31:25 PM »
Splice will hopefully be happening this weekend