The Cinema
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Cinema  (Read 45750 times)

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
  • Baby, you'd look good in a dumpster.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Rockmelon Game Night Beedog Approved Sauninda Manly Man Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #60 on: 06/ 25/ 2010, 05:04:08 AM »
I wasn't happy with the non-ending :(

I thought it was just the cherry on top, it had me in hysterics.

Hitogoroshi

• nubbin
The Cinema
« Reply #61 on: 06/ 25/ 2010, 12:23:48 PM »
I also thought Get Him to the Greek was good.  It did drag but Puffy was surprisingly funny.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #62 on: 06/ 25/ 2010, 12:51:04 PM »
I also thought Get Him to the Greek was good.  It did drag but Puffy was surprisingly funny.

I think he was kind of playing himself, but dialed up to 11. I didn't feel like it dragged, but maybe I needed a break from laughing. :)

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Rockmelon Game Night Beedog Approved Sauninda Manly Man Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #63 on: 06/ 26/ 2010, 11:25:12 PM »
Watched the directors cut of Blade Runner, not as good as the final cut, but it's still Blade Runner. 

Just a little more...bleak.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
The Cinema
« Reply #64 on: 06/ 28/ 2010, 01:41:07 AM »
I just realized that I haven't finished the Hellraiser series, so I'm about to watch Hell on Earth. I'm also acquiring Machine Girl. I watched some of it streaming, but I couldn't find one without horrible English dubs. Just stop trying, America. Just stop.

Last night I watched Phantasm 2, which was pretty good. A bit more action than spook, however, so that was a little disappointing. I'm not sure why it took me this long to watch the second one.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #65 on: 06/ 28/ 2010, 10:43:07 AM »
Watched Sherlock Holmes for the 2nd time with bf  (in two parts because the disk was scratched the 1st time) and watched Toy Story for the first time. I enjoyed it, actually liked Buzz Lightyear more than I thought I would (at all). Good movie but I wouldn't say 'masterpiece' like a lot of people do.

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #66 on: 06/ 28/ 2010, 01:23:10 PM »
Is it already out in Austria?

It isn't in Germany I think, DAMN!

Ahem...

Maybe I didn't go to the Cinema to watch it. *wink wink*

I feel bad but I couldn't wait.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #67 on: 06/ 30/ 2010, 02:41:22 PM »
The critics are taking a sloopy wet crap all over the last airbender. I knew this was going to happen, Shyamalan just seriously needs to hang it up.

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #68 on: 06/ 30/ 2010, 02:54:46 PM »
The critics are taking a sloopy wet crap all over the last airbender. I knew this was going to happen, Shyamalan just seriously needs to hang it up.

Further proof that movies based off of popular TV series are just not meant to be made, excluding Ferris Bueller.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #69 on: 06/ 30/ 2010, 03:05:18 PM »
also this

FINAL DESTINATION 5 is now called 5nal Destination!! LOLOLOL

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
The Cinema
« Reply #70 on: 06/ 30/ 2010, 03:21:41 PM »

Oddly enough I thought it would be good, but yeah, so far 12 out of 12 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes mark it rotten. It's rocking a zero right now. The Chun Li movie ranked higher than that.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #71 on: 07/ 01/ 2010, 09:22:43 AM »
Robin Williams has expressed interest in being the Riddler for Batman 3. Having been turned down twice (which he should be thankful for because he was supposed to be The Joker in 1 and Riddler in the other one) I think he would possibly be a good fit for the Riddler but he might be too old although he did have stellar preformances in Insomnia and One Hour Photo but i think he is just to Iconic for this role. He also said that he would be happy to be in the background of Arkham Aslyum as an inmate.

Me personally I am very very excited for Batman 3, Dark Knight even without all of the hype behind it has easily been my fave comic book movie without a doubt. I don't see how anyone that has love for Batman can hate on the Dark Knight (Bale's voice aside lol). Also Nolan whom has stated time and time again that he wouldn't have done Dark Knight or any future Batman movie unless he is absolutly excited about the story makes me have the utmost faith that this will be a good film. Nolan has also never let me down with any of the movies he has filmed (hopefully this will continue with Inception).

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
  • Badges Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Spotted Memebon Happy Babies! Rockmelon Game Night
    • My Personal Website
The Cinema
« Reply #72 on: 07/ 01/ 2010, 12:39:17 PM »
Oddly enough I thought it would be good, but yeah, so far 12 out of 12 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes mark it rotten. It's rocking a zero right now. The Chun Li movie ranked higher than that.

Hey, there's still hope!  Now, with 71 reviews in, it's all the way up to 6%!

... ahem ...  Go watch the TV show.

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
The Cinema
« Reply #73 on: 07/ 18/ 2010, 04:43:02 PM »
Anyone who likes sci-fi/post-apocalyptic films owes it to themselves to watch "The Quiet Earth." Amazing film, the less you know about it the better. Fantastic premise, great characters, and one of the best endings to a film ever.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quiet-Earth-DVD-Bruno-Lawrence/dp/B0000BXC0X

Go buy it.

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
The Cinema
« Reply #74 on: 07/ 28/ 2010, 07:06:07 PM »
Anyone who likes sci-fi/post-apocalyptic films owes it to themselves to watch "The Quiet Earth." Amazing film, the less you know about it the better. Fantastic premise, great characters, and one of the best endings to a film ever.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quiet-Earth-DVD-Bruno-Lawrence/dp/B0000BXC0X

Go buy it.

Just finished it...not bad but I didn't like the sub-plot of the characters. Psssh, what a skank :P

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #75 on: 07/ 28/ 2010, 11:37:33 PM »
So, i just watched the Thor trailer, looks really good

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=XKBC5EOU

any thoughs?

(Sorry if this was posted before)

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
The Cinema
« Reply #76 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 08:07:48 AM »
So, i just watched the Thor trailer, looks really good

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=XKBC5EOU

any thoughs?

(Sorry if this was posted before)

Probably better in the Upcoming Movie thread but it seems all trailers have been removed from online so who knows!

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #77 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 08:37:54 AM »
i dont have any hopes for any future marvel movies. Never been a fan or thor or the avengers or even captain america, so i dont really care for their movies. I'm waiting for imprints like Vertigo, IDW etc. to start stepping up their movie game. Hopefully Y the last man is still in the works.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #78 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 10:21:27 AM »
Probably better in the Upcoming Movie thread but it seems all trailers have been removed from online so who knows!

Sorry, i didn't see the upcoming movie thread

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
The Cinema
« Reply #79 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 11:09:32 AM »
Sorry, i didn't see the upcoming movie thread

Yeah, it gets squashed a bit.