The Cinema
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Cinema  (Read 45271 times)

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #80 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 01:57:36 PM »
Do we really need 3 separate threads for movies? Can't we just stick to one?

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #81 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 02:51:03 PM »
i was just planning to make a pre-production and rumors thread too :( sadness consumes me :( :( :( :(

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
The Cinema
« Reply #82 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 04:08:33 PM »
"Films you've seen recently.." and "The Cinema" feel like the same thread...

Upcoming movies should be about movies coming out soon or just inspired like the Del Toro/Lovecraft/Cthulhu movie At the Mountain of Madness...so two?

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #83 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 04:25:08 PM »
"Films you've seen recently.." and "The Cinema" feel like the same thread...

Agreed. Which one shall I lock?

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #84 on: 10/ 18/ 2010, 11:05:48 AM »
So, kinda old but  Tom Hardy got cast to Batman 3 but they didn't revealed the character, which villain do you think he will play, speculations anyone?

Gyrael

• nubbin
  • Badges Spotted Memebon
The Cinema
« Reply #85 on: 10/ 18/ 2010, 12:03:25 PM »
Whoever he is, I'm sure he'll be brilliant.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #86 on: 10/ 20/ 2010, 11:09:01 AM »
I didn't really care about the Avengers movie until i head that Morena Baccarin is going to be in it. :O such a beautiful beautiful woman.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #87 on: 10/ 20/ 2010, 08:47:32 PM »
I had no idea who she was, so I looked her up and who she's rumored to be playing. It's the wasp and I've gotta say, good pick.

Avalon

•   
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
The Cinema
« Reply #88 on: 10/ 22/ 2010, 09:02:09 AM »
So, kinda old but  Tom Hardy got cast to Batman 3 but they didn't revealed the character, which villain do you think he will play, speculations anyone?

Solomon Grundy? Hush? Clayface? Freeze? I only really realised that a lot of Batman's principle villians are skinny dudes.

Clayface and Freeze might be a little too farfetched for Christopher Nolan, but if it's just Clayface III, I'm sure he could come up with an interesting take.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #89 on: 10/ 22/ 2010, 09:22:16 AM »
I am hoping it is the Riddler, i think Nolan can pull of something sinister with the Riddler or even the Mad Hatter. Clayface would be my choice but i dunno, since Nolan wants to deal with the basis of a real world there probably is no room for Clayface.

Avalon

•   
The Cinema
« Reply #90 on: 10/ 22/ 2010, 11:32:13 AM »
Yeah. I only avoided the riddler cuz he's often depicted as a skinnier dude.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
The Cinema
« Reply #91 on: 10/ 27/ 2010, 09:46:55 AM »

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #92 on: 10/ 28/ 2010, 10:40:41 AM »
while it's a shame they ruled out the riddler, i don't think no matter what they do, to me they just can't top Dark Knight.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
The Cinema
« Reply #93 on: 10/ 28/ 2010, 04:31:18 PM »
I always feel like the Harvey Dent angle was overlooked because of Heath Ledger's Joker. But I really feel as though the other guy (forgot the name) had a better performance (will all due respect)

DecepticonsAttack

•   
  • calmer than you are
  • Badges Beedog Approved Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
    • sheeeeeeeee
The Cinema
« Reply #94 on: 10/ 28/ 2010, 04:36:38 PM »
I always feel like the Harvey Dent angle was overlooked because of Heath Ledger's Joker. But I really feel as though the other guy (forgot the name) had a better performance (will all due respect)

Aaron Eckhart, totally with you on that Dent was underplayed even though hes supposed to be a big part of the story, I loved Ledger's Joker though

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #95 on: 10/ 28/ 2010, 09:51:51 PM »

:/ your words are daggers aimed for my heart. :/

Seriously though Harvey Dent should've had his own more or hell a bigger role in Dark Knight i would've been happy to see 4 hours of Dark Knight with both angles looked at. To me though there will never be another dark demented Joker, I'm glad to have grown up with two (speaking of movies only) awesome awesome Jokers both on opposite sides of the spectrum but if i could only pick one it would be Ledgers Joker no other.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
The Cinema
« Reply #96 on: 10/ 28/ 2010, 09:59:36 PM »
:/ your words are daggers aimed for my heart. :/

No no, don't misunderstand, Ledger was great, but I think he overshadowed another great performance. His unfortunate passing really cemented people kind of ignoring Aaron Eckhart tho.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #97 on: 10/ 28/ 2010, 10:06:51 PM »
ah yea i see whatcha mean yea that is very true, Eckhart had an amazing performance for me it would've been overshadowed even if Ledger didn't die. 

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #98 on: 11/ 03/ 2010, 12:18:25 PM »
I'm probably one of the few that liked the first one sooooo

http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1131760p1.html

Silent Hill 2 is looking for buyers. Lionsgate is at this week's American Film Market where the game-to-film sequel is one of the projects the company is showcasing there, according to ScreenDaily.

According to their official site, the AFM is an annual film industry event where more than 7,000 industry leaders converge in Santa Monica for eight days of deal-making, screenings, premieres, networking and more. Unlike a film festival, the AFM is a marketplace where production and distribution deals are closed. In just eight days, more than $800 million in deals will be sealed -- on both completed films and those that haven't started shooting yet -- making the AFM the must-attend industry event.

Davis Films, who produced the 2006 Silent Hill movie, will also produce the sequel. Oscar-winning screenwriter Roger Avary, who was released from prison last month following a fatal car accident he was involved in, is scripting the picture. No word yet on who will direct it.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
The Cinema
« Reply #99 on: 11/ 04/ 2010, 11:02:55 AM »
The next Silent Hill film is going to be filmed in 3D by Michael Bassett (Solomon Kane) and will follow what looks to be the Heather storyline (Silent Hill 3).

Someone fucking kill me.