YAY AWESOME ART!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: YAY AWESOME ART!  (Read 69499 times)

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
YAY AWESOME ART!
« on: 06/ 07/ 2010, 03:34:25 PM »
Pictures of paintings (and any other type of art) you may like. Doesn't matter of what, by who, or from when or where, long as you like the piece and someone put work and effort into it, share it with the community.

If possible try to give credit to the creator so as to maybe send the artist some supporters

Here are my offerings, all from Tetsuya Ishida:

« Last Edit: 11/ 14/ 2010, 09:40:19 AM by Topher »

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockstar
YAY PAINTINGS!
« Reply #1 on: 06/ 07/ 2010, 06:57:16 PM »
those are kind of depressing in a weird way.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
YAY PAINTINGS!
« Reply #2 on: 06/ 08/ 2010, 07:58:51 AM »
All by Yoshitaka Amano (Illustrator of the Vampire Hunter D novels and art guy for Final Fantasy 1-6)

Amano's version of Batman

And Superman
« Last Edit: 06/ 09/ 2010, 02:17:40 PM by Jack Hollow »

Zeph

• nubbin
  • Brock "Aznable" Samson
  • Badges SCIENCE!
YAY PAINTINGS!
« Reply #3 on: 06/ 08/ 2010, 09:34:28 PM »
I love Amano's work. His artwork basically defined what I thought videogame and anime characters should look like as a kid, which in turn defined what I thought art was.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
YAY PAINTINGS!
« Reply #4 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 04:15:24 PM »
Today I offer up some digital paint on a digital canvas. It is 2010 after all, why limit to actual paintbrushes and sheep skin. Here are some I liked.

ASSASSINS CREED-ALTAIR-Speed Painting by Fernando Issamo Small | Large

Zora speed paint Small | Large

God of War 3 Speed Painting by Doom CMYK

« Last Edit: 11/ 13/ 2013, 02:13:27 PM by Jack Hollow »

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
YAY PAINTINGS!
« Reply #5 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 10:21:16 PM »
I really like Van Gogh paintings

i also LOVE the prints of  Sybil Andrews   (i don't know if these belong to the "painting thread but WTH)

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
YAY PAINTINGS!
« Reply #6 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 10:32:10 PM »
i also LOVE the prints of  Sybil Andrews   (i don't know if these belong to the "painting thread but WTH)

Totally digging this one. I have some weird fascination with geometric shapes.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
YAY PAINTINGS [AND OTHER ART]!
« Reply #7 on: 06/ 10/ 2010, 09:36:57 AM »
I also like weird pop comic book art like... (don't know if you consider this art but wth)

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
« Reply #8 on: 06/ 10/ 2010, 09:34:51 PM »
Spider-Man is one of my all time favorite superheroes. Dig the Spidey paintings:

By Grant Jasta

By Julian Beever
« Last Edit: 11/ 13/ 2013, 02:15:45 PM by Jack Hollow »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
YAY PAINTINGS!
« Reply #9 on: 06/ 10/ 2010, 09:44:14 PM »
Amano's version of Batman
And Superman

I want to make a DC RPG now.

EDIT: Also, it took me forever but I just realized the guy in the sidewalk painting is standing on a "chimney."  I've seen his work before.  Does he do this all on the fly, or does he skew an image in photoshop, print it out and look from that?

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
YAY PAINTINGS!
« Reply #10 on: 06/ 10/ 2010, 10:07:26 PM »
Also, it took me forever but I just realized the guy in the sidewalk painting is standing on a "chimney."  I've seen his work before.  Does he do this all on the fly, or does he skew an image in photoshop, print it out and look from that?

I've also seen this guy before, wish I could remember his name. But he does it all on the fly. Usually with chalk.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #11 on: 06/ 11/ 2010, 12:38:14 AM »
Here's some favourites from OmeN of deviantART:

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #12 on: 06/ 11/ 2010, 09:56:18 AM »
holy fucking shit that is really wicked love it, the one in the rain where the girl is holding the grenade is so realistic.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
« Reply #13 on: 06/ 11/ 2010, 12:55:27 PM »
Spider-Man is one of my all time favorite superheroes. Dig the Spidey paintings:

By ?????

Thats Julian Beever he does awesome chalk art

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #14 on: 06/ 11/ 2010, 03:56:32 PM »
holy fucking shit that is really wicked love it, the one in the rain where the girl is holding the grenade is so realistic.

Yeah, that one and the first one are my top two favourites from him. Epic stuff.

And, if anyone read World War Z:

And some more from the same artist ( Adonihs )

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #15 on: 06/ 11/ 2010, 04:02:18 PM »

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
« Reply #16 on: 06/ 11/ 2010, 04:09:49 PM »
I'll call it the Guitar Riff...le.

More like the Supreme Hotness.

Also, those last two pictures are characters from the artist's graphic novel, which I'll be getting soonish.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
« Reply #17 on: 06/ 11/ 2010, 08:26:17 PM »

I HAVE to have this hanging on my wall. Fucking gorgeous. Extra awesome for representing NIN.

Anyway, today I present a couple of more superhero paintings. Captain America is my second favorite superhero. Black Cat, I just love. Period.

All by Marc Sparacio

« Last Edit: 06/ 11/ 2010, 08:39:13 PM by Jack Hollow »

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
« Reply #18 on: 06/ 12/ 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
I present to you today some media art for your enjoyment

Installations by Toshio Iwai (some of you may know him as the creator of Electroplankton)

Morphovision
Morphovision by Toshio Iwai Small | Large

Tenori-On
Tenori-On solo performance by its creator Toshio Iwai Small | Large

Rverb
Reverb Small | Large
« Last Edit: 11/ 13/ 2013, 02:19:58 PM by Jack Hollow »

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #19 on: 06/ 13/ 2010, 12:14:37 AM »

"Phew, just made it out of that alive. Good thing they....

did...

did they rupture my fucking skittle pouch?

godDAMMIT."