What genre would the TJS video game be?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What genre would the TJS video game be?  (Read 5400 times)

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
  • Badges Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Spotted Memebon Happy Babies! Rockmelon Game Night
    • My Personal Website
« on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 09:19:54 AM »
If somebody were to make a TJS video game, what genre do you think would fit it best?  Platformer?  (Who doesn't love a good platformer?)  Shmup?  Driving?  Top-down action RPG (like Zelda:A Link to the Past)?  Fighting?  Brawling (like Final Fight).  JRPG?  Something else?

I'm looking for a good project to get motivated on.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #1 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 10:00:06 AM »
I could easily picture a TJS shmup with Beedog as the ship/thing that does the shooting. Actually, that would be amazing.

eskimo bob

• nubbin
  • Bowser is cute
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #2 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 10:16:35 AM »
a shmup or a text adventure for sure.

FalconReaper

•   
  • Zangetsu. He's Kinda OP
  • Badges Inufantry Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #3 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 10:20:01 AM »
Something in the style pf Phoenix Wright would be pretty cool

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #4 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 10:21:39 AM »
Something in the style pf Phoenix Wright would be pretty cool

I agree 100%

pixelheresy

• nubbin
  • Badges Happy Babies!
    • pixelheresy on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 10:44:08 AM »
I would love to see a brawler...

But seriously, on account of TJS being so eclectic, I think more of a Lucas Arts-esque, Sam & Max-flavored adventure game [to pack in all the humor] and have driving and fighting mini-games during sequences.

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockstar
« Reply #6 on: 06/ 09/ 2010, 02:15:52 PM »
a top down action RPG with adventure elements could be very cool.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #7 on: 06/ 10/ 2010, 09:27:05 PM »
I don't think a TJS game would have one specific style. Since it's about video games, it could change styles all the time. From a schmup to a top-down RPG to a side-scroller to a brawler to whatever else, depending on what's happening in the game.

Like, say Mr. Beedog gets into a fight with some guy. Suddenly you're playing a fighting game, with two health bars at the top, gauges, special attacks, etc.

Now that I think about it, TJS would make a great open-world sandbox type of game, where the different styles of gameplay occur during certain events or something. Like NMH, but...not.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #8 on: 06/ 11/ 2010, 12:38:43 AM »
a top down action RPG with adventure elements could be very cool.

dude I agree completely, that's what I would say. that or a text adventure-esque game

Danny

• Brithandsome
  •   
  • Baby, you'd look good in a dumpster.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Rockmelon Game Night Beedog Approved Sauninda Manly Man Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #9 on: 06/ 19/ 2010, 10:50:27 PM »
It'd be like Boner Quest, but much much cuter.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #10 on: 06/ 20/ 2010, 11:52:53 AM »
I could easily picture a TJS shmup with Beedog as the ship/thing that does the shooting. Actually, that would be amazing.

^This.

McChicken116

• nubbin
« Reply #11 on: 06/ 27/ 2010, 08:13:37 PM »
I agree 100%

YES! and instead of detective parts, you could splice in shump levels!

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #12 on: 06/ 30/ 2010, 12:12:46 AM »
It'd be like Boner Quest, but much much cuter.

:'( mention of boner quest makes me miss podtoid oh so much

good fucking god I hope it's cuter than that.

FunWithBonus

• nubbin
  • Play a real game. Play pinball.
    • FunWithBonus.com
« Reply #13 on: 07/ 02/ 2010, 10:22:02 PM »
I don't think a TJS game would have one specific style. Since it's about video games, it could change styles all the time. From a schmup to a top-down RPG to a side-scroller to a brawler to whatever else, depending on what's happening in the game.

Like, say Mr. Beedog gets into a fight with some guy. Suddenly you're playing a fighting game, with two health bars at the top, gauges, special attacks, etc.

Now that I think about it, TJS would make a great open-world sandbox type of game, where the different styles of gameplay occur during certain events or something. Like NMH, but...not.

You could call it "No More JOURNALISM?" (Question mark included in the title... because you're trying to save the JOURNALISM... and stuff... umm yeah.)

With minibosses like Stewart, Colbert, Olbermann, Maddow, O'reilly, Beck, and then you meet the final boss, Geraldo Rivera, at Capone's Vault!

theredpepperofdoom

• nubbin
  • A giant fish monster is behind you.
    • http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/theredpepperofdoom
« Reply #14 on: 07/ 03/ 2010, 07:04:52 PM »
It would be a action/advenutre beat-em-up shmup RPG hack-n-slash fighting racer with bees.

trogdor32

• nubbin
  • I made my own avatar.
« Reply #15 on: 07/ 11/ 2010, 08:18:40 PM »

I imagine a shmup , but there should be cutscenes where it's like an old '70s adventure cartoon like Johnny Quest.
Geraldo Beedog travels to the ancient temples of the palace of Kelifanjironicoganshiansenplace to do some JOURNALISM , but faces hordes of creature thingys. He must not let the creature thingys get in the way of.........

JOURNALISM.

Duke of the Bump

• nubbin
  • An object at rest cannot be stopped.
    • Bumpington Estates
« Reply #16 on: 07/ 13/ 2010, 04:30:33 AM »
When I think of a video game based on TJS, I immediately think of a point-and-click adventure game in the style of those old LucasArts games. Fully voiced, of course, and animated in a way that looks more or less like the cartoon. You would control Seņor Beedog as he... solves puzzles. And does journalism.

mcnyers

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #17 on: 07/ 24/ 2010, 02:56:42 PM »
I would want to wait for more episodes to come out so there was more source material to go on. Until then, I'm putting my vote down for an action adventure-shmup-dating sim......rpg

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #18 on: 07/ 26/ 2010, 12:33:04 AM »
The Journalism Show Pinball machine... Just sayin'.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #19 on: 07/ 26/ 2010, 09:10:47 PM »
Until then, I'm putting my vote down for an action adventure-shmup-dating sim......rpg

-real time strategy open world shooter

there, I think that nails it down pretty well lol xD