This is where you go to share music you've made.
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: This is where you go to share music you've made.  (Read 14744 times)

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #120 on: 07/ 09/ 2014, 08:11:58 PM »
Ok, so, I've been hard at work on/freaking the fuck out about my Chiptunes = Win Vol. 3 track. The music and the next step will be recording vocals and mixing. As it turns out, trying to learn a DAW about 10 days before you need to submit the track is a pretty dumb idea! But anyway, Imma need y'alls help on it.

There's a part in a song I want gang vocals for. Those are the parts in punk and metal songs where you hear a bunch yelling some shit together. I'm gonna try and do over the internet. Your part is very simple. I just need you to yell "Bloodlust". As long as you have a halfway decent mic you should be good to go. I made a playlist on Soundcloud that has examples for how long it needs to be, where it will fit in the song, and the bit of the song without the vocals. Forgive my crappy take. That should give you an idea of how long it needs to be. Record that a couple takes (for variety), then export it as a WAV (preferable) or a high quality mp3, and then send it to me at jthomeslice at gmail. Put something about bloodlust gang vocals or something in the subject. Also include the name you want to be credited as. I'm gonna put them all in the liner notes when I submit it.

Now hopefully I can actually get the damn thing done in time. Even if I don't I'm still pretty proud of the song. It's nuts.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #121 on: 07/ 09/ 2014, 08:28:53 PM »
Ffffuuuu, I want to help so much. But my headset broke recently and I have absolutely no mic. Man, this would have been fun...Well, rooting for you from the sidelines at least. ToT

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #122 on: 07/ 10/ 2014, 11:03:07 PM »
Yay I got one! So it won't just be me layering 12 tracks of me doing dumb voices!

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #123 on: 08/ 28/ 2014, 06:45:18 PM »
Here's my song I submitted for the Chiptunes = Win. It didn't make it obvs. Oh well. This was a good experience since it kind of forced me to learn to use new stuff that will help make me better I think. I was thinking of maybe rerecording some of the vocals, since my voice was straining by the end, but this is how it was submitted. I'm super happy with it either way.