Do you eRead?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Do you eRead?  (Read 3126 times)

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
  • Badges Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Spotted Memebon Happy Babies! Rockmelon Game Night
    • My Personal Website
Do you eRead?
« on: 06/ 29/ 2010, 03:11:11 PM »
You can now get a Kindle or a Nook for $150.  The iPad and iPhone have had ebook apps for a while.  Do any of you have any of these?  How often do you use it?  Is it worth it? 

The prices are getting to a level where I'm considering getting one, you see. 

McChicken116

• nubbin
Do you eRead?
« Reply #1 on: 06/ 30/ 2010, 05:46:24 PM »
If you get an apple Device, Don't read for too long because of eye strain.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Do you eRead?
« Reply #2 on: 07/ 01/ 2010, 04:39:28 PM »
I like the physical copy more.
And I'd download all the books "legally" and feel bad about it afterwords. Also you just don't have the pleasure of browsing through a bookshelf. You wont find bargains and people might steal your apple device, but will never steal your old and used book :D

nekobun

• nubbin
  • Blood Of Champion
Do you eRead?
« Reply #3 on: 07/ 06/ 2010, 07:10:04 PM »
The only eReader I've ever owned plugs into my Game Boy Advance and lets me get extra crap in Animal Crossing.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Do you eRead?
« Reply #4 on: 07/ 06/ 2010, 08:27:28 PM »
The only eReader I've ever owned plugs into my Game Boy Advance and lets me get extra crap in Animal Crossing.

I approve of this ereader.

SerialExperimentsAmy

•   
  • Present day. Present time.
  • Badges tee hee hee It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Moonspeaker
Do you eRead?
« Reply #5 on: 07/ 06/ 2010, 08:57:02 PM »
I approve of this ereader.

My ereader got me extra levels in mario advance four :O

I have like three ebooks and it takes me much longer to read ebooks than realbooks so I don't read them as much.

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
Do you eRead?
« Reply #6 on: 07/ 08/ 2010, 10:07:45 PM »
Anyone know where I can DL or how I can get an Aliens or Aliens vs Predator book viewable on my iPhone?

Duke of the Bump

• nubbin
  • An object at rest cannot be stopped.
    • Bumpington Estates
Do you eRead?
« Reply #7 on: 07/ 13/ 2010, 04:40:02 AM »
I never thought I'd ever jump on the eBook bandwagon. I don't usually even like reading books on my computer because of the eyestrain. But lately I've been finding books on scribd.com, and going back and forth between reading at work when I get the chance and reading on my phone on the bus ride. I have to say, I might be converted. It's mighty convenient. I might have to get me one of those there Kindles sometime.

Anyone know where I can DL or how I can get an Aliens or Aliens vs Predator book viewable on my iPhone?

Here ya go.

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
Do you eRead?
« Reply #8 on: 07/ 13/ 2010, 08:33:51 AM »
I never thought I'd ever jump on the eBook bandwagon. I don't usually even like reading books on my computer because of the eyestrain. But lately I've been finding books on scribd.com, and going back and forth between reading at work when I get the chance and reading on my phone on the bus ride. I have to say, I might be converted. It's mighty convenient. I might have to get me one of those there Kindles sometime.

Here ya go.

Nice, thanks....now to see if they have anything else.

FireStarMan

• nubbin
  • Wait, what?
  • Badges Sauninda Teach the children.
    • Tumblr.
Do you eRead?
« Reply #9 on: 07/ 13/ 2010, 08:17:08 PM »
I have a personal "library" of books, counting over 300 high.
I have managed to find and download ebook copies of most of them and was able to fit them all on an ereader.
It's pretty convenient.
I also used to use it for college course books, since they are way fucking expensive to buy physical copies.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Do you eRead?
« Reply #10 on: 07/ 13/ 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
Nah I don't because I don't care to spend the money on an iPad (it'd cause iStrain anyways (haha, get it?)) and I just can't get down with a Kindle. I just read the good old fashioned books

Lelio

• nubbin
  • Ham!
Do you eRead?
« Reply #11 on: 07/ 19/ 2010, 05:08:36 AM »
I'm really tempted with the Kindle coming down in price but you just can't beat the smell of a good book. I tend to run my fingers over the pages while I'm reading too, and I doubt a Kindle will have the same feel.

LTGDomo

• nubbin
Do you eRead?
« Reply #12 on: 07/ 19/ 2010, 09:40:47 PM »
I am thinking about getting a Kindle. Normally I'd just bring backpack to work to carry the stuff I read but it would be nice to have every book I have in one thing. Does anyone know if you can get Text Books for college junk on the Kindle or Nook.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Do you eRead?
« Reply #13 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 12:50:07 AM »
So yeah, new kindle up for pre order for $139. That is totally in my price range now. I specifically want it for the larger screen and so I can read manga on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reading-Display-Graphite/dp/B002Y27P3M/

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
Do you eRead?
« Reply #14 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 08:06:15 AM »
I don't know if I should attempt to eRead a Cthulhu book or real book it up...

BlindsideDork

• Bearded and mighty
  •   
  • Badges Sauninda
Do you eRead?
« Reply #15 on: 07/ 29/ 2010, 12:43:43 PM »
Can the Kindle for iPhone App download SAMPLES or only full books? I can't get the sampler to work.

mcnyers

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Secret Santa 2010
Do you eRead?
« Reply #16 on: 09/ 16/ 2010, 09:53:48 PM »
I came here in hopes of this being a thread based on the short lived card swiping machine for the GBA. I was sadly mistaken.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Do you eRead?
« Reply #17 on: 02/ 10/ 2011, 11:27:39 AM »
Has anyone picked up a kindle? I've been thinking of buying one for college.

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Do you eRead?
« Reply #18 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 12:48:32 AM »
Has anyone picked up a kindle? I've been thinking of buying one for college.
I haven't but several of my friends have and they're also using it for their textbooks. The quality on the Kindle is great, but at that price point I'd like a bit more out of my device, and with Kindle apps for my phone and for computers I'm gonna hold off and use those instead.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Do you eRead?
« Reply #19 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 03:52:14 AM »
Actually, I was thinking about selling my wifi kindle 3. Been thinking about it for a month now because I haven't put any use into it lately. I originally bought it for manga but "acquiring" manga isn't as easy as it used to be.