Do you eRead?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Do you eRead?  (Read 3136 times)

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Do you eRead?
« Reply #20 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 07:01:02 AM »
I originally bought it for manga but "acquiring" manga isn't as easy as it used to be.

Really? As in it's harder to put your own stuff onto it. I thought that there was this thing called calibre that could convert and push stuff onto a kindle

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Do you eRead?
« Reply #21 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 12:05:12 PM »
Really? As in it's harder to put your own stuff onto it. I thought that there was this thing called calibre that could convert and push stuff onto a kindle

Nah, it's quite easy to get the manga onto the kindle, I use a program called mangle. The problem I had was getting the scans because the irc channel I used to get my stuff from closed shop. Now I just read stuff in the browser now.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Do you eRead?
« Reply #22 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 12:08:50 PM »
Ah fair enough. I'll think I'll get one then.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Do you eRead?
« Reply #23 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 12:25:56 PM »
are there any manga subscription services? Because that would make me change my opinion entirely on ereading.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Do you eRead?
« Reply #24 on: 02/ 15/ 2011, 12:30:59 PM »
I wish you could just buy manga over the kindle but, as far as I know, you can't. What Mangle does is convert groups of jpgs into a kindle book by resizing and grayscaling images to reduce the overall size.

Necros Xiaoban

• nubbin
Do you eRead?
« Reply #25 on: 10/ 22/ 2011, 04:40:01 PM »
I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love

FUCKING LOVE EBOOKS.

( ._________________________ .)

Okay.

Yeah, LOVE ebooks. More than candy. Or ice cream. I used to read them on a windows 95 laptop! And a palm pilot! And p much anything I can get them on! Haha, love ebooks. O________O

Also, please be sure to check out baencd.thefifthimperium.com
Greatest treasure trove of free (but still commercial [it will make more sense when you check it out]) ebooks in the whole world.