It's Story-time!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: It's Story-time!  (Read 1399 times)

Wintersocks

• Motivational Mountain Mover
  •   
  • Socks 2: Knit Harder
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
It's Story-time!
« on: 07/ 05/ 2010, 02:52:31 AM »
Post all of the wonderful literary spawnings of your Brain on this thread!

Doesn't matter if it's a poem, an essay, or a creative writing exercise or 27-page PDF file research report. Everything goes. Copypasta from other Blogs is also cool.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
It's Story-time!
« Reply #1 on: 07/ 05/ 2010, 04:29:53 AM »
I've written a bunch of small, unfinished stuff. And I write poetry when the mood takes me. I think I've only finished two stories in my entire lifetime.

Here's the first one, based on the Oklahoma City bombing. It was originally for a school project, but I extended on it. Random as hell idea. I wrote it maybe three years ago. XD

I'll post the other story once I get it off of the laptop.

Wintersocks

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry SCIENCE! Bears Dancing with Myself Happy Babies! Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
It's Story-time!
« Reply #2 on: 07/ 05/ 2010, 08:45:13 AM »
I've written a bunch of small, unfinished stuff. And I write poetry when the mood takes me. I think I've only finished two stories in my entire lifetime.

Here's the first one, based on the Oklahoma City bombing. It was originally for a school project, but I extended on it. Random as hell idea. I wrote it maybe three years ago. XD

I'll post the other story once I get it off of the laptop.

i love the Richard characte you made. You got some talent, son.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
It's Story-time!
« Reply #3 on: 07/ 05/ 2010, 09:31:20 PM »
i love the Richard characte you made. You got some talent, son.

Much thanks! :D

I'll go grab that second story, now that I remember about it.

EDIT: Righto, here it is. It's a horror story, so read it with the lights off and tell me what you think. XD
« Last Edit: 07/ 05/ 2010, 10:09:44 PM by Manic Maverick »

Wintersocks

•   
It's Story-time!
« Reply #4 on: 07/ 06/ 2010, 01:10:47 PM »

EDIT: Righto, here it is. It's a horror story, so read it with the lights off and tell me what you think. XD

Damn son, that's one scary ass story right there. And have never been scared by a horror story in my life.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9i9q5owh_c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9i9q5owh_c</a>

It helps if you have this on loop while reading.

EDIT: a bit of constructive critiscism, if I may. It does take the edge off a horror story if you expose that the victim survives the scene in the exposition.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
It's Story-time!
« Reply #5 on: 07/ 06/ 2010, 06:05:25 PM »
Thanks! Yeah, you're right about that. Maybe it would have been better if the narrator actually hadn't survived, but was speaking...elsewhere. Which would actually make more sense in that universe, now that I think about it.

Wintersocks

•   
It's Story-time!
« Reply #6 on: 09/ 08/ 2010, 09:11:11 PM »
A story I read over on the DTOID CBLOGS by Fame Designer called "I died"

I pulled up to the bar looking for my friend Ty. We were getting together for the first time in a long time. He said he’d be there by the time I got there, but he wasn’t there waiting out front.

It gave me time to reflect on what happened. Ty and I had a falling out around two years ago when he stole my girlfriend. I guess I was still bitter, but not so bitter that I wouldn’t give him a chance to make amends. I was at least trying to forgive him.

Although, plenty of people said I never had her. Never mind how we held each other. Never mind how we touched each other. Never mind how we said we loved each other. I guess I thought I was hers. I was wrong.

Ty since then had been dumped too. I heard she left him for his roommate – same old story with her. She sure had us fooled.

He got there around ten minutes after I did. We shook hands and immediately went out for a smoke. We talked about her for a while. It was a lot how I expected it would go. We forgave each other because we were both nice people. We didn’t like confrontation. It was better to smile and act like we could deal with everything. We used to be good friends after all.

Both of us drank heavily. I tried new drinks that tasted like different things, like cake. I had lots of beer too. I was starting to think about how much I had to eat. I didn’t eat much. Very quickly I felt the affects of the alcohol. The conversation I was having with Ty started to get a little hazy.

I kept drinking though. I think it was because every word of our conversation made me want to make a new toast. I was having a good time. I wasn’t going to be able to drive home though, for sure.

Ty told me exactly why she left me. She must have told him what had changed her mind about me - maybe to comfort him. I had a phone conversation with her about how I heard that she was making out with Ty again. I was in school on the other side of the country at the time so there was nothing I could do about it.

I couldn’t remember exactly what I said, but I made her cry. I think I told her I hated her and that I couldn’t believe what she did. She said she felt like she was cheating on me while she was crying. I didn’t realize why she was shocked by this, I mean – she was cheating on me. Later on I realized that she never considered herself to be in a relationship with me. So why would she feel like she is cheating, right?

Knowing that the phone conversation was my final moment with her depressed me. I had more to drink. I knew I was getting sick too. I didn’t care.

Ty suggested we join another party that was going on at his house. So we walked over there. I was almost falling asleep while I walked. I stumbled along as we held each other up. But, at his place, all I could manage to do was throw up over a balcony. I could barely make out images of people walking into the party. I was sort of inside my own head. I just thought about what people’s first impression of me would be with all the vomit in my face. I think I even shook a few hands and mumbled some words to them.

Ty checked on me from time to time, concerned about my safety. I just wanted to go home. I tried to find the strength to walk to my car. It was three in the morning, bars were closed. Nobody was around my car so at least I could vomit in peace. I started feeling worse and started blacking out, so I decided to stumble over to my car – strength or no.

I fell in the dirt and pulled myself up by a tree. I couldn’t remember where I was going. Ty found me and directed me the rest of the way. I pulled away a few times to gag and convulse but nothing came out. When I sat down in my car I think Ty said he’d come by to check on me. That was nice of him.

I kept trying to straighten up. But every time I tried to lay straight in my chair I had to go back to hanging my face out my door. My whole body hurt. I every time I thought I was out of things to regurgitate, there was just more and more bile. It was weird that I didn’t have to go pee. Usually by this time things got better.

I had to fall asleep in that position, wrenching and twisting out of my car door and a big puddle of sticky yellow pile of sick on the pavement. There were a few people walking by, finding their cars. I think I heard them say, “Poor guy”. And Ty came around too. I told him I was fine.

My body didn’t just hurt. It was exhausted. I couldn’t get to a bathroom. I went through the situation in my head. I could shit my pants and just clean up later without anyone knowing. So I did.

I realized this was it. This was when it all ends. This is alcohol poisoning. And after I fell asleep, I would never wake up again. I wondered if there was anything else after this.

“You have died,” Said a voice I was not familiar with. I sat up in what looked like a hospital bed. The room was white, so bright I couldn’t open my eyes fully. There were needles in my wrists and tubes going off of them and attaching to bags of liquid. There was a collar around my neck and a tickle on my spine. Every time I tried to move it, I felt sick. I was also hooked up to a breathing apparatus and some feeding tubes.

“You may now safely remove your feeding tubes and breathing machine. Please confirm.” The voice said. I could feel the tube in my throat. I pulled on the mask over my face and out came three different tubes, two from my nose and one out of my throat. I gagged as they came out and little bits of coagulated liquid scattered on my shirt.

“Please confirm.” The voice said.

“Who are you?” I said. “Where am I?”

“You have many questions, I’m sure.” He, or maybe she, said. “Your name is Bret and you are at home. This is your game room. Please refrain from pulling out any other hardware from your body. Are you ready for your breakdown?”

I looked around the room but I didn’t see anyone talking to me. “What breakdown?” I said.

“A breakdown,” The voice said, “is a rundown of the time you spent inside of the video game. We will go over your achievements, your score, notable events, and so on.”

This was weird. I got drunk, I felt like I was going to die, and I woke up here. I must have been taken to a hospital.

“It is clear that you have lost some memory of your life here in this world.” The voice said, “That is to be expected. You died, inside the game. You killed yourself by drinking too many potions of alcohol. The death was accidental, not suicide, and will be recorded as such. Are you ready for your breakdown?”

I couldn’t believe it. It was such a stupid way for me to die. I was way too careless. I had people I cared for. People I will never see again. I cried, thinking about it.

“I’m ready for my breakdown.” I said finally.

“You were Bret the Designer, level 14.” Said the voice. “Began as a Human Mathematician on April 29th 1981. Worshipped no God. Died from accidental alcohol poisoning. The alcohol came from a Jägermeister potion in Kent, Washington. The game lasted 22 years, 3 months, 13 days, 2 hours, and 13 minutes. Score is 70348. Your high score is 253420. You were starving.”

“That’s it?” I said.

“Achivements include:” Said the voice. “Unusually awkward sex life. 20 points. Programmer. 100 points. Designer. 100 points. Above average constitution. 2000 points. Unusually adaptive mind. 20 points. Philosophical mind. 20 points. Unusual weight changes. 20 points. Heartbreaker level 2. 100 points. Healthy bones. 2000 points. Piano player level 2. 100 points. Willpower. 400 points. Healthy hair. 30 points.”

“That’s all my notable achievements?” I said to the voice.

“Yes, all other achievements had scores too low to mention.” The voice said. “Your notable events are: Crawling. Walking. Reading at a young age. Potty trained. Saw the Grand Canyon. Honors student 4th grade. First girlfriend, 4th grade. First kiss 5th grade. College reading level, 5th grade. First fight, 5th grade. Travelled to Disneyland. Honors student 5th grade. Gifted program 6th grade. Started skipping school, 7th grade. Lost virginity, age 15. Played tennis for varsity team in high school, grade 11. First job, Jack in the box – age 17. Tested for General Education Diploma, age 18. One year relationship. Two year relationship. Moved out of parents house, age 21. Second job, Skippers, age 22. One night stand. Died from alcohol poisoning. You had three +4 computers. One Hyundai Tiburon +2. You had the internet. You had cable. One pair of Sketchers sneakers. Nike socks. A black +1 VolCom jacket. A large blue Transformers shirt, (crafted by you). Haines boxer briefs. A pair of cursed -2 Killer Loop sunglasses. You had 1230.58 in your bank account.”

“Geez, I did horrible.” I said. “Did I have a save game or anything that I can load up?”

“No, progress can only move forwards. The game is designed to hold you responsible for your actions. The consequences of those actions are your own. However, because of the nature of your death, you can be reinserted into the program. There will be a death saving chance once inserted into the program. You will remember experiencing this world as if it was a dream or near death experience. Perhaps the memory of your waking life will change you somewhat. Some people experience higher levels of motivation to succeed. But, this won’t imbalance the gameplay mechanics.”

“I want to be reinserted then.” I said.

“Dislaimer: You may want to take a break. Online social networks inform me that you have 120 friends and are in a relationship. You have 16 messages in your inbox.”

“I have a girlfriend?” I said.

“Yes, however other details of your life here must stay hidden unless you want to lose the possibility of continuing your game. Do you wish to continue your game?” Said the voice.

“Well, I don’t want to lose all my progress.” I said.

“Consider: The high score is a measurement of your achievements. However, it is the smaller events that many people seem to appreciate.” Said the voice.

“I’m okay with that. Let’s continue the game. I’ll try the death save.” I said.

“Please put on your feeding tube and your breathing apparatus.” The voice said.

“Thanks computer.” I put on the mask and the tubes and they found their own way into my face holes, sucking their way down my flesh tunnels. I felt myself slowly falling asleep. There must be some sort of drug that keeps me under.

I awoke in my car still feeling sick. I was covered in sweat, piss, and shit. My dad’s house happened to be close by. So I started up my car and drove there. The lines on the road were splitting apart. It was hard to know which lane I was in. Fortunately I had enough will to get myself to shelter. I cleaned myself up there and changed my shorts.

I was tired after that. I almost died that night. I would never drink that much alcohol again. I would never drive drunk ever again. I wouldn’t take my life for granted anymore. It would have been so stupid to die that way. I had my whole life to live.

DecepticonsAttack

•   
  • calmer than you are
  • Badges Beedog Approved Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
    • sheeeeeeeee
It's Story-time!
« Reply #7 on: 09/ 09/ 2010, 10:33:30 AM »

Fucking awesome dude. To me it read like something Poe might've written if he were still around and our age, I dug it alot

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
It's Story-time!
« Reply #8 on: 02/ 05/ 2011, 11:35:43 AM »
I made a post over at Default Prime about what I thought the freakiest Pokemon Creepypasta was. Honestly I'm not that into the series, I play the games from time to time, but damn some of those stories are scary. You can check them all out here http://defaultprime.com/2010/08/07/weekend-primed-the-best-creepypasta-pokemon-stories/

Here's my fav:

I’m what you could call a collector of bootleg Pokémon games. Pokémon Diamond & Jade, Chaos Black, etc. It’s amazing the frequency with which you can find them at pawnshops, Goodwill, flea markets, and such.

They’re generally fun; even if they are unplayable (which they often are), the mistranslations and poor quality make them unintentionallyhumorous.

I’ve been able to find most of the ones that I’ve played online, but there’s one that I haven’t seen any mention of. I bought it at a flea market about five years ago.

Here’s a picture of the cartridge, in case anyone recognizes it. Unfortunately, when I moved two years ago, I lost the game, so I can’t provide you with screencaps. Sorry.

The game started with the familiar Nidorino and Gengar intro of Red and Blue version. However, the “press start” screen had been altered. Red was there, but the Pokémon did not cycle through. It also said “Black Version” under the Pokémon logo.

Upon selecting “New Game”, the game started the Professor Oak speech, and it quickly became evident that the game was essentially Pokémon Red Version.

After selecting your starter, if you looked at your Pokémon, you had in addition to Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle another Pokémon — “GHOST”.

The Pokémon was level 1. It had the sprite of the Ghosts that are encountered in Lavender Tower before obtaining the Sliph Scope. It had one attack — “Curse”. I know that there is a real move named curse, but the attack did not exist in Generation 1, so it appears it was hacked in.

Defending Pokémon were unable to attack Ghost — it would only say they were too scared to move. When the move “Curse” was used in battle, the screen would cut to black. The cry of the defending Pokémon would be heard, but it was distorted, played at a much lower pitch than normal. The battle screen would then reappear, and the defending Pokémon would be gone. If used in a battle against a trainer, when the Pokéballs representing their Pokemon would appear in the corner, they would have one fewer Pokéball.

The implication was that the Pokémon died.

What’s even stranger is that after defeating a trainer and seeing “Red received $200 for winning!”, the battle commands would appear again. If you selected “Run”, the battle would end as it normally does. You could also select Curse. If you did, upon returning to the overworld, the trainer’s sprite would be gone. After leaving and reentering the area, the spot [where] the trainer had been would be replaced with a tombstone like the ones at Lavender Tower.

The move “Curse” was not usable in all instances. It would fail against Ghost Pokémon. It would also fail if it was used against trainers that you would have to face again, such as your Rival or Giovanni. It was usable in your final battle against them, however.

I figured this was the gimmick of the game, allowing you to use the previously uncapturable Ghosts. And because Curse made the game so easy, I essentially used it throughout the whole adventure.

The game changed quite a bit after defeating the Elite Four. After viewing the Hall of Fame, which consisted of Ghost and a couple of very under leveled Pokémon, the screen cut to black. A box appeared with the words “Many years later…” It then cut to Lavender Tower. An old man was standing, looking at tombstones. You then realized this man was your character.

The man moved at only half of your normal walking speed. You no longer had any Pokémon with you, not even Ghost, who up to this point had been impossible to remove from your party through depositing in the PC. The overworld was entirely empty — there were no people at all. There were still the tombstones of the trainers that you used Curse on, however.

You could go pretty much anywhere in the overworld at this point, though your movement was limited by the fact that you had no Pokémon to use HMs. And regardless of where you went, the music of Lavender Town continued on an infinite loop. After wandering for a while, I found that if you go through Diglett’s Cave, one of the cuttable bushes that normally blocks the path on the other side is no longer there, allowing you to advance and return to Pallet Town.

Upon entering your house and going to the exact tile where you start the game, the screen would cut to black.

Then a sprite of a Caterpie appeared. It was the replaced by a Weedle, and then a Pidgey. I soon realized, as the Pokémon progressed from Rattata to Blastoise, that these were all of the Pokémon that I had used Curse on.

After the end of my Rival’s team, a Youngster appeared, and then a Bug Catcher. These were the trainers I had Cursed.

Throughout the sequence, the Lavender Town music was playing, but it was slowly decreasing in pitch. By the time your Rival appeared on screen, it was little more than a demonic rumble.

Another cut to black. A few moments later, the battle screen suddenly appeared — your trainer sprite was now that of an old man, the same one as the one who teaches you how to catch Pokémon in Viridian City.

Ghost appeared on the other side, along with the words “GHOST wants to fight!”.

You couldn’t use items, and you had no Pokémon. If you tried to run, you couldn’t escape. The only option was “FIGHT”.

Using fight would immediately cause you to use Struggle, which didn’t affect Ghost but did chip off a bit of your own HP. When it was Ghost’s turn to attack, it would simply say “…” Eventually, when your HP reached a critical point, Ghost would finally use Curse.

The screen cut to black a final time.

Regardless of the buttons you pressed, you were permanently stuck in this black screen. At this point, the only thing you could do was turn the Game Boy off. When you played again, “NEW GAME” was the only option — the game had erased the file.

I played through this hacked game many, many times, and every time the game ended with this sequence. Several times I didn’t use Ghost at all, though he was impossible to remove from the party. In these cases, it did not show any Pokémon or trainers and simply cut to the climactic “battle with Ghost.

I’m not sure what the motives were behind the creator of this hack. It wasn’t widely distributed, so it was presumably not for monetary gain. It was very well done for a bootleg.

It seems he was trying to convey a message; though it seems I am the sole receiver of this message. I’m not entirely sure what it was — the inevitability of death? The pointlessness of it? Perhaps he was simply trying to morbidly inject death and darkness into a children’s game. Regardless, this children’s game has made me think, and it has made me cry.