What in the butt are you listening to!?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What in the butt are you listening to!?  (Read 190508 times)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3320 on: 04/ 14/ 2014, 11:57:16 PM »
Rediscovering bands my mother listened the heck out of when I was a kid. Portishead, Massive Attack and The Prodigy. I'm glad I'm finally finding music that actually speaks to me.

Also Enya, I'm fucking all about her right now. holy butts

Your mom has good taste. Also I feel really fucking old now because I listened to that in college.

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #3321 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 07:59:21 AM »
Your mom has good taste.
You do as well from the sounds of it, but I guess that's a given for everyone here. I don't suppose you can recommend some tunes or bands that are similar to what I mentioned?

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #3322 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 08:20:57 AM »
Your mom has good taste. Also I feel really fucking old now because I listened to that in college.

this. 100% this. i can't really listen to that stuff now mostly because i feel very awkward listening to it. 

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3323 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 11:49:45 AM »
You do as well from the sounds of it, but I guess that's a given for everyone here. I don't suppose you can recommend some tunes or bands that are similar to what I mentioned?

Why thank you sir. Portishead and Massive Attack are really at the pinnacle of that era of Trip Hop, IMO.

Similar off the top of my head - Hooverphonic, Morcheeba, Tricky (he was part of Massive Attack).

Hooverphonic: "2Wicky" Small | Large

Morcheeba - Trigger Hippie (Official Video)

Tricky - Overcome - Maxinquaye(1995) Small | Large

And probably many things on the channel.
http://somafm.com/lush/

Astrostasis can probably expand the list more. :)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
« Reply #3324 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 11:52:46 AM »
holy shit, just found this
Morcheeba, Massive Attack, Tindersticks.(Jools Holland show).

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #3325 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 01:59:56 PM »
can't post any examples b/c at work

but i do have a list

Portishead (already mentioned but they were my fave of the era) - i highly recommend getting Roseland NYC on dvd it is very beautiful seeing them live. I had a huge crush on Beth Gibbons back in the day.
Sneaker Pimps - both with and without Ali singing.
Bjork - Debut, Post, Homogenic and Vespertine
Esthero - Breath From Another - it's an ok album - Heaven Sent the albums single is really good until it is ruined by the "rapping" near the end.
How To Destroy Angels - newer trip hop w/ NiN front man Trent Reznor and Wife they do a good job at it but it is more brooding than trippy :D

If you want something with the same feel as trip hop I recommend
DJ Shadow - Introducing and The Private Press as well as the only U.N.K.L.E album he worked on.
RJD2 - tho more hip hop feeling than DJ Shadow his first few albums can get you there as well.
Blockhead - all instrumental hip hop he has a very good laid back jazz trip hop vibe
Juno Reactor - while more electronic can have the same feelings
Boards of Canada
Aphex Twin - selected ambient works vol 2

and out of way left field i recommend Nosaj Thing  he hits a lot of notes in the electronic genre

Sean

•   
  • foooooooooooooooooooooooomin
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #3326 on: 04/ 15/ 2014, 06:06:08 PM »
Whoa, thanks a bunch you two. I'll check those all out tonight!

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #3327 on: 04/ 21/ 2014, 01:31:33 PM »

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschn
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #3328 on: 04/ 28/ 2014, 02:37:59 PM »
Blood Command - High Five For Life (Official Video)

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3329 on: 05/ 07/ 2014, 12:04:58 AM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rr51u5JCSs

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #3330 on: 05/ 15/ 2014, 01:18:51 PM »
Ingrid Michaelson - Girls Chase Boys (An Homage to Robert Palmer's "Simply Irresistible") - OFFICIAL

this song is so good.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #3331 on: 05/ 31/ 2014, 08:04:25 PM »
SaReGaMa - Kalimba solo for Lotus Small | Large

This thing is sweet, if when I  get the chance to haunt someone I'm getting one

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3332 on: 05/ 31/ 2014, 08:24:51 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPEa8mWxYkQ Small | Large

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
« Reply #3333 on: 06/ 03/ 2014, 09:11:49 PM »
one of the guys I went to HS with posted about this band. I like.

Exmortus - "Moonlight Sonata (Act 3)"

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #3334 on: 06/ 13/ 2014, 02:29:14 AM »
Haven't posted here in a while.

Lordi - The Riff

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
« Reply #3335 on: 06/ 14/ 2014, 05:49:47 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByHd3X5xO50 Small | Large

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3336 on: 06/ 18/ 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
DragonForce - The Game (Official Video. Ft. Matt Heafy of Trivium)

I'm so happy they're still the most ridiculous band. Just watch the keyboard player the whole time.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #3337 on: 06/ 19/ 2014, 02:35:28 PM »
『性善説』 hi-posi Small | Large

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #3338 on: 06/ 20/ 2014, 06:39:09 PM »
STRUCTURES - My Conscience

Ignorant jams.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #3339 on: 06/ 21/ 2014, 10:47:11 PM »
Marty Friedman - "Sociopaths" Featuring David Davidson (Official Lyric Video)

uggggggggggggh this album is so good