What are smashables in terms of drums?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What are smashables in terms of drums?  (Read 1430 times)

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« on: 07/ 27/ 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
I know this might be a waste of a topic but at the moment my band is a week away from playing in one of the biggest venues in town and we all have no idea what a smashable is in terms of drums since we were told we would need to supply our own.
I think I understand it as the cymbals and snare drums are smashables but is there anything else??

The reason I posted here is cause RMS is a very musical community and would very much like an answer in time for the gig.
hope to get a reply soon

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #1 on: 07/ 27/ 2010, 05:34:02 PM »
damn man, sorry but I've honestly never heard of that before. I mean I would think of it as snare and cymbals but I'm mainly a guitarist so there might be more.

Is it not cool to contact the place and ask what the hell smashables are? Maybe they're like party gifts that everyone gets....that you have to smash....

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #2 on: 07/ 27/ 2010, 07:14:04 PM »
never heard of this term in my lyfe then again im a guitarist not a drummer.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #3 on: 07/ 27/ 2010, 07:38:02 PM »
Went ahead and moved this to the music section, due to smashing instruments. If it were about "smashables" outside of instruments then I would have kept it in the other section.

Also, I did a search and I seriously have no idea what smashables are in relation to drums.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #4 on: 07/ 27/ 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
bring a whole drum set, and leave whatever you dont need in the van. or be reasonable and call the venue.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #5 on: 07/ 27/ 2010, 09:06:01 PM »
Probably talking about ruffies :/

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #6 on: 08/ 09/ 2010, 10:13:22 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys.
The gig went amazing and if any of you are wondering still what smashables are:
"everything you can basically take off the drums (so everything except the bass/kick drum)" although they told us that the toms were not included.

Yeah we ROCK'D