How do you catalogue your music?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How do you catalogue your music?  (Read 1250 times)

FireStarMan

• nubbin
  • Wait, what?
  • Badges Sauninda Teach the children.
    • Tumblr.
« on: 08/ 03/ 2010, 01:43:26 AM »
Google spreadsheet.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Apxw5CdBafQgdFFHX1lLOXVrSFlfMVNaSk5Jd1ZheFE&hl=en&authkey=CPKc8IcN

Show your collection :O

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 03/ 2010, 02:10:57 AM »
I'm going to do this as soon as it isn't 3am.

I made a Spreadsheet! Mostly 'cause I'm tired and bored. This massive list is the result of many years of reviving iTunes gift cards for Bdays/Christmas/all the damn time. I used to DL a LOT of music (sadface) but now I DL a LOT of music (happy face). Mostly the stuff I already had.

http://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=twgbw2QHTK2Ww7HPSQsvbUQ&authkey=CPbigNIE#gid=0

Edit: I must have lost more than I thought in the reformat. There is a lot of stuff missing that I can't even remember. I just know this list is no where near the size it was....
« Last Edit: 08/ 03/ 2010, 05:13:55 AM by Halidar »

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #2 on: 08/ 03/ 2010, 04:10:14 PM »
I would totally do this if I didn't have 921 albums to type out into a spreadsheet.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #3 on: 08/ 03/ 2010, 05:50:26 PM »
I would totally do this if I didn't have 921 albums to type out into a spreadsheet.

Same with me.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #4 on: 08/ 04/ 2010, 09:14:52 AM »
my ipod doesnt say how many albums but i have 19k+ songs there for way to many to spreadsheet.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
« Reply #5 on: 08/ 04/ 2010, 12:11:19 PM »

oh man for sure, thousands of songs and hundreds of albums = too much effort for me

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #6 on: 08/ 04/ 2010, 12:14:20 PM »
I still have very little as I only started listening to music about 3 years ago.

DrLightAteYourMagicite

• nubbin
    • RYM Page
« Reply #7 on: 08/ 05/ 2010, 09:45:42 AM »
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Zeroumus
http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Zeroumus/ (full collection link)

Simple yet robust interface. User-driven content means that even the most obscure stuff has a good chance of already being there, and if it isn't, you add it yourself. There is a basic social aspect (friends, recommendations, lists, etc.), and at any time a user is able to export their data to a comma-delimited file that can be used to create a spreadsheet.