Ska Love?
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Ska Love?  (Read 2184 times)

TheeBassMasta

• nubbin
  • Sarcasm is a virus
Ska Love?
« on: 08/ 15/ 2010, 05:57:45 AM »
I'm a MASSIVE fan of Ska.

I was reading some of the threads here and I was like,
"Where's the Skatellis?"

Any favorate Ska bands you dudes/dudettes have?

Mine are Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Big D and the Kid's Table, Madness, The Specials, Streetlight Manifesto, Sonic Boom Six...the list goes on and on.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Ska Love?
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 15/ 2010, 06:35:47 AM »
Fuck yes. I was off it for a little while but seeing Reel Big Fish on Warped totally got me back in. I'm definitely seeing them with the Aquabats in the fall.

On RBF, has anyone else checked out the new best of? The main disk is all rerecorded songs and they sound good. (Ryland especially stands out. He's a fucking monster.) The second disk is all acoustic stuff and that's really cool. Some songs just sound like they took out the regular guitar and replaced it with acoustic, but a lot of them have a different. Take On Me sounds like a mariachi band playing it.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
Ska Love?
« Reply #2 on: 08/ 15/ 2010, 03:21:16 PM »
I don't know much Ska, but I recommend the Ore Ska Band and of course Ska-P !!

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Ska Love?
« Reply #3 on: 08/ 15/ 2010, 06:49:48 PM »
the mighty mighty bosstones is my favorite band of all time. ive seen them live like... 6 or seven times. other bands i like include westbound train, big d and the kids table, stray bullets, less than jake, we are the union, op ivy, ASOB, BTMI!, stuff like that.

ska is so good.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Ska Love?
« Reply #4 on: 08/ 16/ 2010, 02:25:01 AM »
Check out Dance Hall Crashers, Common Rider, Yum!Yum!ORANGE, and Undercover S.K.A. I'm sure there are a few other bands I'm missing that I'll post when I get home.

PatSexual

• nubbin
    • My Sega-addicts work.
Ska Love?
« Reply #5 on: 08/ 18/ 2010, 09:57:30 PM »
I recently found out about The Flaming Tsunamis. They're a metal/ska band. It sounds like a bad combo, but it works really well. I'm pretty sure their first couple albums are free on the web so check em out.
Their best songs are "Refuse to Die" and "The Ritalin Conspiracy".

Other than that I like Streetlight Manifesto, Less than Jake, Mad Caddies, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Big D, We Are the Union. I usually don't mind anything ska though.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Ska Love?
« Reply #6 on: 08/ 18/ 2010, 10:50:10 PM »
@PatSexual - Hell yeah dude The Flaming Tsunamis are where it's at! My favorite songs from them are Zombies vs. Robots, and as you said, Refuse to Die.

And as others said I can definitely dig Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake (who doesn't like the song "all my friends are metal heads"?), and The Specials are some of my favs.

Buddha

• nubbin
    • Facebook
Ska Love?
« Reply #7 on: 09/ 11/ 2010, 07:08:32 AM »
Ska has got to be the funnest genre of music.

My favorites are The Aquabats, The Forces of evil, Less Than Jake, Catch 22, Reel Big Fish, Mustard Plug, StreetlightManifesto, and The Toasters.

I've seen The Aquabats and Less Than Jake live, and at the end of October I'm going to see The Toasters and The Pietasters. The Aquabats show was the funnest night of my life, no doubt. They have the most energetic and eccentric live show I have ever seen.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
Ska Love?
« Reply #8 on: 10/ 07/ 2010, 10:48:39 PM »
I'm a big ska fan i listen to it all the time, here are some bands off the top of my head: Desorden Publico , King Chango, Wahala, Skatalities, Goldfinger (some of their songs are ska-like), The Specials, The Madness, The English Beat, The Toasters, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Reel Big Fish, Oreskaband, The Pietasters, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, Mad Caddies , and the list goes on and on...

Lelio

• nubbin
  • Ham!
Ska Love?
« Reply #9 on: 10/ 10/ 2010, 04:11:38 PM »
There used to be quite a big ska following here, but for some reason it just disappeared. I still <3 Ska though :-D

EffingDrYang

•   
  • Koromaru
  • Badges Spotted Memebon Rockstar
Ska Love?
« Reply #10 on: 10/ 10/ 2010, 07:00:08 PM »
There used to be quite a big ska following here, but for some reason it just disappeared. I still <3 Ska though :-D
I still love ska!

been jammin to this recently

Streetlight Manifesto- Point/Counterpoint *Lyrics* Small | Large

LAX, Big D And The Kids Table Small | Large

Big D And The Kids Table - 51 Gardner Small | Large

Goldfinger - Spokesman (Official Video) Small | Large

hellodrjoe

• nubbin
Ska Love?
« Reply #11 on: 11/ 03/ 2010, 03:47:49 PM »
Listen to OCG- One Cool Guy.
It was some of the same kids from streetlight/catch 22 way back when.

Ska is all about unity and these guys had the right idea!
Being from Boston area- I'm quite fortunate too still be around what's left of the rude boys.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
Ska Love?
« Reply #12 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 01:12:40 AM »
call from rio(arena) Small | Large

Desorden Publico - Molotov Love Small | Large

Madness "One Step Beyond" Small | Large

King chango - I dont care Small | Large

Daisy (Dukes of Hazzard) Small | Large
« Last Edit: 02/ 01/ 2011, 01:34:20 AM by P3ter, Reason: Added new videos »

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Ska Love?
« Reply #13 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 01:19:59 AM »
MU330 - "Tune Me Out" Asian Man Records Small | Large

I can't believe that MU330 hasn't been posted yet!

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
Ska Love?
« Reply #14 on: 05/ 06/ 2011, 01:46:41 PM »
I got this cd yesterday and damn is fantastic, no wonder why they are considered best latin ska band. It's awesome

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Ska Love?
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 09/ 2011, 03:02:11 AM »
The ...wow, I'm such an asshole. Please ignore the rest of this post, I need to o home and rethink my life.ees - Big World Small | Large

The ...wow, I'm such an asshole. Please ignore the rest of this post, I need to o home and rethink my life.ees - Run For Help Small | Large

Word filter!

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Ska Love?
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 09/ 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
i was thinking that maybe topher should put an exception into the word filter, but then i thought we dont talk about that band enough to really justify it, and its actually kind of funny.