Doctor Who
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 15214 times)

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Doctor Who
« on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 12:51:53 PM »

I think we have enough Doctor Who fans in here to have a full thread for it. So, who are your favorite Doctors? Writers? Companions? What season did you start on?

On a side note, I'm thinking of Live streaming the new episodes the day after they come out in the UK, so maybe we can all watch them together. Who knows? (See what I did there? Very clever of me)

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 01:22:10 PM »
Favourite doctor has to be either christopher eccleston or David Tennant (obviously) not a big fan of matt smith or his companion Amy.
I've always been a big Rose fan though my friends are always saying that she's crap due to the fact that she's blonde or that she is Billie Piper.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Doctor Who
« Reply #2 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 01:32:46 PM »
 I don't mean to start shit, but I think David Tennant and Rose are both WAY over rated. Especially Rose.

As of right now Matt Smith, Tom Baker, and Sylvester McCoy are my favorite Doctors. (11th, 4th, 7th)

Space Doctor

• nubbin
  • jus chillin dawg
Doctor Who
« Reply #3 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 01:36:32 PM »
i have a friend who looks like rose, hes male

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Doctor Who
« Reply #4 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 01:37:54 PM »
Tennant all the way. Eccleston is a close second. I haven't watched anything much prior to the 2005 reboot, so I only have the recent stuff to work with. Donna Noble's probably my favourite companion. I don't have a problem with Rose or Martha at all, but they're pretty much the exact same person. I love that Donna actually questions things, will punch you in the face if she had to, and isn't attracted to The Doctor at all.

i have a friend who looks like rose, hes male

That's disturbing.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Doctor Who
« Reply #5 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 01:43:48 PM »
 I think my real issue with the 10th Doctor and Rose is that all the "new fans" latched on to them and proclaimed them the greatest things on the planet with no prior knowledge of the series at all. After watching the newest season I went back and started watching from the 4th Doctor on. I feel like some jaded long time fan of Doctor Who who hates all the youngins barging into my turf or something....

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Doctor Who
« Reply #6 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 02:53:46 PM »
Donna is the best companion ever. It was nice to have a companion that had decent dialog and was more than just a morality pet.

Also the end of her season fucking broke my heart at the end of her series,it was just so fucking tragic that the price to save her life was to lock away her memories and return her to the way she was.

Haven't watched much of the new season but amy looks hot.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Doctor Who
« Reply #7 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 03:01:05 PM »

That's Amy, the hot plot device who is engaged to the greatest companion ever.

FalconReaper

•   
  • Zangetsu. He's Kinda OP
  • Badges Inufantry Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Doctor Who
« Reply #8 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 03:32:22 PM »
As I've said in the Bar before, I'll say it here: I like Matt Smith's doctor and don't get why everyone's ragging on him.  I think its the fact that he's crazy that helps endear him to me. And yes Rory is awesome

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Doctor Who
« Reply #9 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 03:37:00 PM »
I think its the fact that he's crazy that helps endear him to me.

That's probably why everyone is ragging on him. Tennant's Doctor was crazy too, so in the beginning the two seemed really similar. Although now it's easier to make them apart. Matt Smith's Doctor is way more nerdy. XD

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Doctor Who
« Reply #10 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 03:59:06 PM »
Donna is the best companion ever. It was nice to have a companion that had decent dialog and was more than just a morality pet.

Also the end of her season fucking broke my heart at the end of her series,it was just so fucking tragic that the price to save her life was to lock away her memories and return her to the way she was.

Amy is kind of boring in the end.

The incredible thing about Donna, is that she completely changed my view of Catherine Tate and made up for her awful sketch show. Now when I think Catherine Tate, I think not of one of her banal catchphrases, but of poor Donna.

Also I've been contemplating making this thread for ages, but I figured I'd wait til the christmas season, props for doing it.

FalconReaper

•   
  • Zangetsu. He's Kinda OP
  • Badges Inufantry Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Doctor Who
« Reply #11 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 04:01:43 PM »
That's probably why everyone is ragging on him. Tennant's Doctor was crazy too, so in the beginning the two seemed really similar. Although now it's easier to make them apart. Matt Smith's Doctor is way more nerdy. XD

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Doctor Who
« Reply #12 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 04:10:05 PM »
 Smith is a throwback to the original idea of the Doctor. He is supposed to be unrelateable(?). He isn't human, he isn't supposed to be. Everything about him should be odd, and almost unreasonable.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Doctor Who
« Reply #13 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 05:40:05 PM »

The incredible thing about Donna, is that she completely changed my view of Catherine Tate and made up for her awful sketch show. Now when I think Catherine Tate, I think not of one of her banal catchphrases, but of poor Donna.

Absolutely, I was so surprised that she was capable of more than a mediocre sketch show. It helps that I feel that Donna was a perfect character for the show. I think she complemented Tennent's doctor the best out of all the new run companions.

KingKirop

• nubbin
  • Easy to entertain
Doctor Who
« Reply #14 on: 09/ 01/ 2010, 09:34:15 PM »
My list right now as far as doctors go is:

1. David Tennant
2. Christopher Eccleston
3. Matt Smith.
Granted, I haven't seen the fifth season yet, so I may end up liking Matt Smith more, but tennant is number one because when he regenerates into the new doctor at the end of The End of Time it broke my heart. Him visiting all his companions while he slowly was dying, and him saying "I don't want to go" right before he regenerated was the saddest thing EVAR

I'm waiting for the fifth season to come out on netflix instant watch right now, because my university has disabled uTorrent (NOT THAT I WOULD EVER USE SUCH A THING THAT IS ILLEGAL LOL)

But my list of favorite companions is:

1. Rose Tyler
2. Martha Jones
3. Jack Harkness (Mainly because of Torchwood, not just Doctor Who)
4. Donna Noble. I think I would have liked her more if she wasn't such a bitch when she was introduced the first time... That kind of spoiled her for me. I disliked her intensely in The Runaway Bride, but my loathing faded once she actually started traveling with The Doctor.

Also Donna's grandpa is a boss. No argument.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Doctor Who
« Reply #15 on: 09/ 05/ 2010, 01:03:10 PM »

1. David Tennant
2. Christopher Eccleston
3. Matt Smith.
Granted, I haven't seen the fifth season yet, so I may end up liking Matt Smith more, but tennant is number one because when he regenerates into the new doctor at the end of The End of Time it broke my heart. Him visiting all his companions while he slowly was dying, and him saying "I don't want to go" right before he regenerated was the saddest thing EVAR

I'm waiting for the fifth season to come out on netflix instant watch right now, because my university has disabled uTorrent (NOT THAT I WOULD EVER USE SUCH A THING THAT IS ILLEGAL LOL)

1. Rose Tyler
2. Martha Jones
4. Donna Noble. I think I would have liked her more if she wasn't such a bitch when she was introduced the first time... That kind of spoiled her for me. I disliked her intensely in The Runaway Bride, but my loathing faded once she actually started traveling with The Doctor.

I completely agree with this

YamiJoey

• nubbin
  • I am the Storm
    • Facebook
Doctor Who
« Reply #16 on: 09/ 19/ 2010, 06:38:05 PM »

1. David Tennant
2. Christopher Eccleston
3. Matt Smith.

1. Rose Tyler
2. Martha Jones

Didn't like reading the spoiler. It made me nearly cry all over again. </3

Tennant
Smith
Everyone else

For me. Cannot for the life of me remember his name, but the Doctor that Tennant met in the RND special is a big favourite of mine too, but I do enjoy the new series. Smith's first episode was terrible, and put me right off him. His last episode was a bit rubbish, but only because of how good the penultimate episode was. The entirety of Doctor Who could, should, have ended with that. It just made sense.

Donna became one of my favourites, too. I will always have a soft-spot for Rose, but the fun-loving nature that The Doctor and Donna had together, without any sexual tension was just brilliant to have. A great change of pace, and her outro was so saddening. One of the most depressing moments of the show that weren't (wasn't?) a Regeneration.

Such a good show. Through all the terrible action, low-budget props, and the awful filler episodes, when it's good, it's great. You can do nothing but fall in love with everyone they introduce.

Catherine Tate surprised me a lot in her role, too. At the beginning I was like "This girl needs to go to school, FFS." but when she started playing a real role, she kept the more common and loud-mouthed nature, but in a nice way, that actually showed a three-dimensional character. She earned my respect with Doctor Who, and whilst I still hate her own show, I can now respect that she is a talented actress, simply doing the kind of thing she enjoys and knows the best.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Doctor Who
« Reply #17 on: 09/ 21/ 2010, 10:16:15 PM »
Season 6 is going to be split into two separate series.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/29/doctor-who-cliffhanger-series-split

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Doctor Who
« Reply #18 on: 09/ 21/ 2010, 10:18:17 PM »

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Doctor Who
« Reply #19 on: 09/ 21/ 2010, 10:21:41 PM »
At least Torchwood will be coming back with amazing writers! :D