Doctor Who
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 15546 times)

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Doctor Who
« Reply #20 on: 09/ 21/ 2010, 10:25:55 PM »
At least Torchwood will be coming back with amazing writers! :D

I never started Torchwood.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Doctor Who
« Reply #21 on: 09/ 21/ 2010, 10:26:46 PM »
*gasp*

Please, please, please go and watch it when you have the time.

YamiJoey

• nubbin
  • I am the Storm
    • Facebook
Doctor Who
« Reply #22 on: 09/ 22/ 2010, 11:41:12 AM »
I hated Torchwood. A lot.

AzNheadbanger

•   
  • #1 Dance Central fan
  • Badges tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Doctor Who
« Reply #23 on: 09/ 22/ 2010, 12:52:22 PM »
Season 6 is going to be split into two separate series.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/29/doctor-who-cliffhanger-series-split
They did this with Battlestar Galactica and Burn Notice so I guess I'm kind of used to it at this point now.

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Doctor Who
« Reply #24 on: 09/ 22/ 2010, 02:59:41 PM »
Eh, I like it. I completely forget about Doctor who when it's not running.

Hexual

• nubbin
  • Made Tetris in Visual Basic 5. Never again.
  • Badges Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • Sys. Req.
Doctor Who
« Reply #25 on: 09/ 22/ 2010, 03:56:03 PM »
I may or may not be a massive Whonerd.
Also, I met Karen Gillans uncle once. That was underwhelming.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Doctor Who
« Reply #26 on: 04/ 23/ 2011, 09:22:30 PM »
Anyone watching the Season 6 premier? I would be, but I lost BBC America when I downgraded my cable, so it cannot happens. I'll have to watch it elsewhere. I will party vicariously through you.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Doctor Who
« Reply #27 on: 04/ 23/ 2011, 09:33:55 PM »
I have BBC America, but it's not in HD, so I'll be watching it elsewhere as well.

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
Doctor Who
« Reply #28 on: 04/ 24/ 2011, 01:17:48 AM »
Wow, so that episode pretty much destroyed everything from last season. I REALLY hope they keep it up.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Doctor Who
« Reply #29 on: 04/ 24/ 2011, 03:00:22 AM »
Yeah I loved this ep, especially the alien though in the trailer I thought they were going to go for a classic grey look.
And I thought it'd be about roswell alien crash and men in black cover ups since they were in suits

Avalon

•   
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Doctor Who
« Reply #30 on: 04/ 24/ 2011, 07:18:02 AM »
I was actually pretty okay with River Song for once. And awesome episode.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Doctor Who
« Reply #31 on: 04/ 24/ 2011, 11:44:48 AM »
 If you watch last season again, you'll notice that sometimes a character will look off screen, have a look of horror on their face, get interrupted by something and then be fine again. They were seeing them last season too.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Doctor Who
« Reply #32 on: 04/ 24/ 2011, 12:07:37 PM »
If you watch last season again, you'll notice that sometimes a character will look off screen, have a look of horror on their face, get interrupted by something and then be fine again. They were seeing them last season too.

I didn't notice that but WOW thats pretty cool

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Doctor Who
« Reply #33 on: 04/ 24/ 2011, 12:42:25 PM »
I haven't watched a lot of Doctor Who, just bits and pieces. I did see the Children of Earth thing from Torchwood though, it was really freaking good. And sooo sad...

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Doctor Who
« Reply #34 on: 04/ 24/ 2011, 09:04:02 PM »

And here they are:

http://omfgerbear.tumblr.com/post/4512796851/sightings-of-the-silence-or-indications-of-their

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Doctor Who
« Reply #35 on: 04/ 28/ 2011, 02:37:38 AM »
Oh yeah, finally saw the episode yesterday (Tuesday). Damn great, though the pacing threw me off as usual.

And here they are:

http://omfgerbear.tumblr.com/post/4512796851/sightings-of-the-silence-or-indications-of-their

What...the...FUCK....Oh my god. I'm horrified right now. GODDAMMIT, MUFFAT. I remember some of those moments too (specifically the Beast Below), but I didn't think much of it. It all blended into the scene and didn't seem too out of place. Ugh, I have the shivers now...

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Doctor Who
« Reply #36 on: 04/ 30/ 2011, 03:50:44 PM »
 The new Doctor Who was holyshitawesome and the closing scene was just plain holyshitholyshitholyshit.

Avalon

•   
Doctor Who
« Reply #37 on: 04/ 30/ 2011, 05:11:01 PM »
I am so on the fence about this episode, it was pretty awesome, but I don't know whether to feel like this is more Amy bullshit or if she's actually going to be held accountable for being a shitty person.

But yeah that plan was pure classic Doctor Who in every way. The end conversations with Nixon and River were nice too. And I really hope Moffat keeps developing River like this so she'll stop verging on mary sue.

Good episode, can't wait to see what that bit with the one eyed woman was about.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Doctor Who
« Reply #38 on: 04/ 30/ 2011, 06:51:42 PM »
I am so on the fence about this episode, it was pretty awesome, but I don't know whether to feel like this is more Amy bullshit or if she's actually going to be held accountable for being a shitty person.

What actions? Amy did nothing wrong in the last two episodes.

Avalon

•   
Doctor Who
« Reply #39 on: 04/ 30/ 2011, 07:11:01 PM »
Yeah, that's true, but I meant more over the whole time she's been a companion, and someone said that the baby wouldn't be the doctor's unless this was a soap opera, but I guess I just have less faith in Steven Moffat. Generally with Amy I feel like she doesn't really have any real (acknowledged) character flaws, at least with Rose it was acknowledged she wasn't being particularly nice to her boyfriend.

You are right about her being a lot better so far, I still feel like she hasn't redeemed herself in my eyes though. Post-season-5-discontent I guess.