Rockmelon Radio (Updated with latest Playlist)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Rockmelon Radio (Updated with latest Playlist)  (Read 29246 times)

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  • Board Manager
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #220 on: 07/ 08/ 2011, 01:00:45 PM »
There is a shareroom feature, I posted the link in the first post and here it is again:
https://spideroak.com/browse/share/RockmelonRadio/ulovu7atif97

You should somehow be able to put stuff into that, I think ;D
At least you can download things from there!

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
« Reply #221 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 04:45:31 PM »
So here's an update on the Dropbox deal you might be interested in: http://lifehacker.com/5819430/should-i-be-worried-about-the-change-to-dropboxs-terms-of-service

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #222 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 05:23:31 PM »
So here's an update on the Dropbox deal you might be interested in: http://lifehacker.com/5819430/should-i-be-worried-about-the-change-to-dropboxs-terms-of-service

Until they are worked out, you probably shouldn't store anything in Dropbox (or SugarSync or Live Mesh or SpiderOak, etc.) that you don't feel comfortable "licensing" to that service.

It really doesn't seem like the alternative, switching services is going to help. Not only that, but most of what is put in the RMS drop box is either already licensed music or stuff we didn't create. I honestly can't see anyone wanting to claim the podcast file it self unless it somehow blows up to become the popular radio show ever even though access to it is already limited by a permission barrier and isn't out to actually gain listeners that aren't from a very specific community.

You try to take the moral high ground because you see water flooding your island, but in reality your island is so far away from the rest of humanity you might as well be in:

SPAAAAAACE! - Portal 2 Small | Large

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
« Reply #223 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 05:32:29 PM »
My friend, you obviously don't know how much content holders are FUCKING CUNTS when it comes to anything involving copyright or licensing issues. One RIAA fuckhead can just feel like causing problems for someone on any given day just because they're bored and because copyright/licensing laws are written by content holder assholes so of course the law is on their side.

However, I agree that it doesn't seem like switching to a different service will make much of a difference. Except maybe to give you an already prepared alternative should Dropbox explode or it ends up being owned by the KKK or something.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #224 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 05:34:19 PM »

However, I agree that it doesn't seem like switching to a different service will make much of a difference. Except maybe to give you an already prepared alternative should Dropbox explode or it ends up being owned by the KKK or something.

Have we actually looked at the Tos of the one we are using now? Are we sure there is nothing in there similar to this new drop box thing?

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
« Reply #225 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 05:37:21 PM »
I dunno

Schabracke, sir. You're the one who signed up, I haven't actually gone to check out the site yet. Anything in the ToS similar to Dropbox?

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  • Board Manager
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #226 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 05:42:08 PM »
What made me go to SpiderOak was the fact that they can not see what you have up there, at all. So even if they had the rights to it, they supposedly can't access it at all. I couldn't even reset my password or ask them for it, because they don't have it!

We could also just continue using Dropbox and I just TrueCrypt everything. All is possible. Although I kind of jumped without giving it too much thought.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
    • My Anime List
« Reply #227 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 07:45:49 PM »
Set list for Rave Satruday 6/25/2011

01. Bilingual [Dirty Mix] - Jose Nunez - [00:00:00]
02. Jack in the Box [Original Mix] - Man With No Name - [00:06:56]
03. Dinosaur Adventure 3D - Underworld - [00:13:48]
04. White Tiger No. 24 - Kagami - [00:21:37]
05. Masters of the Universe - Juno Reactor - [00:27:38]
06. Adagio for Strings - DJ Tiesto - [00:33:40]
07. Hunting Life - KZ Fuxxxin - [00:40:57]
08. Firething - Gudrun Gut - [00:46:37]
09. Two Telephone Calls and an Air Raid - Shaun Imrei - [00:50:51]
10. Sunkarma - Texas Fa[censored]tt - [00:55:24]
11. Thirty-Plus Mix - R3FORG3D - [01:00:13]
12. The Marriage of Figaro - Ryu Star - [01:04:17]
13. Paradise Lost - MK feat. Latte - [01:08:35]
14. Kuchizuke - Hommarju feat. Yusuke - [01:12:31]
15. Tiger Track - Kagami - [01:16:55]
16. Masterpiece - Hommarju - [01:22:24]
17. Dread Rock - Paul Oakenfold - [01:28:33]
18. Kitei no Tsurugi - Dizzi Mystica feat. Yummemi - [01:33:07]
19. Go Tight! - Maki - [01:37:05]
20. Fur Elise - Mitsu - [01:41:50]
21. Born Slippy [NUXX] - Underworld - [01:45:34]

Had to to sensor Texas Fa[censored]tt 'cause yeah, I wouldn't be able to post it on here otherwise. Just think of a derogatory term for gay.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  • Board Manager
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #228 on: 07/ 14/ 2011, 04:01:33 AM »
Alrighty. I am tired ;D

I just created a volume using TrueCrypt. I am putting it into the dropbox as of right now. I am sorry I made you sign up somewhere else Homeslice. I should have thought this more through.

Everybody, whos email I still have, will be invited to look at that shiny new thing. I will also send you a file containing the key to access the volume. All you'll need aside from that should be truecrypt if I see that right and I hope that that wont stop you.
I will do the sending around stuff as soon as I have checked if everything actually works. It should.

I switched back to Dropbox because it is the easiest service. I haven't tried all the others, I am lazy, but SpiderOak seemed way to complicated. So I am just thinking, if someone wants to look into that Volume where the things are, they need a key. Only the people whos email address I have get the key. And if someone else goes into it and wants into it, they'll probably make it anyways.

Is that okay with everybody?
Also is whos a real word or should I write that differently? #outofcontext

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #229 on: 07/ 14/ 2011, 04:20:24 AM »
I think I'm gonna sit off to the side with my submissions until this whole thing blows over. XD

Also, "whose" is a word. It's a possessive. Also an adjective. :D It made sense in the context you used it in.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  • Board Manager
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #230 on: 07/ 15/ 2011, 03:14:10 AM »
Okidoki, the thing is online and ready. Use TrueCrypt to open the image. I'll send you all the password as well!

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #231 on: 07/ 15/ 2011, 08:00:29 AM »
I got it open with Truecrypt. How do I add files now?

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  • Board Manager
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #232 on: 07/ 15/ 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
It should be under volumes or something, next to your hard drives, you can open it there and add files to the folder. I think. ;D

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #233 on: 07/ 16/ 2011, 06:40:40 AM »
Alright, I added some stuff. I don't know it worked, but I guess we'll see.

And you're going to delete the regular RMS folder right?

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  • Board Manager
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #234 on: 07/ 16/ 2011, 02:01:25 PM »
Is it still there?

The regular RMS folder should just have that truecrypt thing in it...

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #235 on: 07/ 19/ 2011, 06:06:13 AM »
Did you put the last show in the box? Also, it says all the folders in the rmr archive haven't been updated since 7/14. Don't know what's up with that.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  • Board Manager
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #236 on: 07/ 19/ 2011, 11:55:16 AM »
I'll do all that as soon as possible!
I put the folder on my external hard drive, which is why it doesn't update daily anymore, but it doesn't make that big of a difference!

There is a link in the first post now that should work out ;D
« Last Edit: 07/ 19/ 2011, 11:50:16 PM by Schabracke »

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #237 on: 07/ 20/ 2011, 04:42:14 PM »
The link for that doesn't have an audio file in it like the other one.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  • Board Manager
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
« Reply #238 on: 07/ 20/ 2011, 04:43:36 PM »
Hrmpf, Dropbox is doing its thing, give it 10 more minutes and it should all be there. Sorry for the delay!

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
« Reply #239 on: 07/ 20/ 2011, 05:37:03 PM »
Alright, I've got it. Thanks for the hastle man.