Collective listening
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Collective listening  (Read 1606 times)

Mueti

• nubbin
Collective listening
« on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 02:45:04 PM »
This is a thing that I've been and am doing for years with some of the people from a German music site I frequent. It helps you discover great music, you get to know people and their tastes and it generally is interesting and good fun.
Here's how it works:
Everyone has a limited amount of songs and/or time that they can contribute, let's say 10 minutes and no more than two songs. The numbers depend on how many people want to be part of it really, so at the beginning we'd probably start out low. Anyone who wants to participate says so, posts the song(s) of his choice (just what they are, no links) in the thread and uploads them to a service of their choice. All links are then sent to the organizer who compiles an archive and creates a playlist which then goes out to everyone participating. On a date everyone agrees with people then meet up in IRC, start the playlist simultaneously and chat about the music while it's playing.
(We also rate each song and post a list of the ratings in the forum afterwards in Germany, that only works if people don't take things personally though. If you are cool with ratings that'd also be fun.)

I know I'm new here and everything but this seems more of the place to start this sort of thing than over at the Dtoid forums.

What do you think, anyone interested?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Collective listening
« Reply #1 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 03:03:16 PM »

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Collective listening
« Reply #2 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 03:07:13 PM »

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Collective listening
« Reply #3 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 03:15:54 PM »

DecepticonsAttack

•   
  • calmer than you are
  • Badges Beedog Approved Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
    • sheeeeeeeee
Collective listening
« Reply #4 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 03:23:17 PM »

Mueti

• nubbin
Collective listening
« Reply #5 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 03:39:35 PM »
Errrr....yeah.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Collective listening
« Reply #6 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 03:44:45 PM »
i think or at least I am having a hard time understanding what you want to do.

Mueti

• nubbin
Collective listening
« Reply #7 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 04:09:01 PM »
Put simply, everyone sends in a song or two and then we listen to those together.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Collective listening
« Reply #8 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 04:45:00 PM »

Avalon

•   
  • are you next ARE YOU NEXT
  • Badges Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
Collective listening
« Reply #9 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 04:51:56 PM »
SOUNDS NEAT, MUETS HAVE SOME NOUVELLE VAGUE

their covers of Dancing with Myself and Ever Fallen in Love.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
Collective listening
« Reply #10 on: 09/ 10/ 2010, 09:11:42 PM »

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Collective listening
« Reply #11 on: 09/ 11/ 2010, 12:48:04 AM »