Metric Remix Contest
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Metric Remix Contest  (Read 3077 times)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Metric Remix Contest
« on: 10/ 19/ 2010, 10:19:07 AM »
This is not an ad. I thought that the music makers in here might enjoy participating in it.

http://www.indabamusic.com/studio_access/metric

Will you measure up? Can you dream big enough? Ponder these questions as you embark on a journey through the largest scale remix contest Indaba has ever launched. Metric, a band whose music has been making the rounds in all of the right places this year - including placement in the movies Twilight: Eclipse and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - poses this challenge: remix their entire album Fantasies. We've provided you with all of the stems, including the Advanced Stem Packs featuring all of the original session files - over 40 files each - from 10 separate tracks, now it's up to you to transform them into something fantastic.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #1 on: 10/ 19/ 2010, 10:45:30 PM »
HAPPENING!!! Maybe this'll give me a chance to try out my trip-tunes...

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 05:49:31 PM »
Alright, I submitted my entry. I'm proud of it, since the sound is what I want to go for in my music from now on (elements of trip-hop, industrial, chiptune, and shoegaze). Even if I don't win, I'm still happy I got it done and have it under my belt. XD
« Last Edit: 11/ 30/ 2010, 07:59:32 PM by Manic Maverick »

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 07:46:08 PM »
Can I hear it or is it seekrit for the contest?

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #4 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 07:59:05 PM »
Yeah, you can hear it. I linked to it, but the link appears to be invisible due to the forum colour change. XD

Here's the link again, underlined for great justice.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #5 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 08:55:18 PM »
HOLY SHIT THAT'S FUCKING GREAT!
APPLAUSE Small | Large

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #6 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 09:36:45 PM »
considered Jaw Dropped. that is fucking fantastic i am now feeling inadequate in my abilities to make music. 

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #7 on: 11/ 30/ 2010, 10:26:42 PM »
XD Hahah, thanks guys!

i am now feeling inadequate in my abilities to make music. 

Pffft, whatever. I only used FL Studio, FamiTracker, and Audacity. You have a shit tonne of other things at your disposal, and you have a good ear for music. So you shouldn't worry about that kind of stuff. XD

DecepticonsAttack

•   
  • calmer than you are
  • Badges Beedog Approved Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Secret Santa 2010
    • sheeeeeeeee
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #8 on: 12/ 01/ 2010, 11:14:31 AM »
you had me at shoegaze.
.....gotdamn sir, I would not be suprised if you get far in or even win this contest. I listened to the original track to know whats up, but I skipped around cuz it got kinda boring for me but not once during your 7:31 was I bored, really good work dude. I will have to hook up with you once my buds and I get to making music again.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #9 on: 12/ 01/ 2010, 01:10:59 PM »
:D Much appreciated! Yeah, I'm definitely up for hooking up. Just let me know.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #10 on: 12/ 03/ 2010, 02:01:12 AM »
Hey, if you guys wouldn't mind: could you vote for my submission? And hashtag #metricremix on Twitter with the link to the song as well? That'd help out a lot. :D

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #11 on: 12/ 03/ 2010, 08:46:38 AM »
mmmyep, can do. You're doing well. Tweeted it once, will tweet again and vote.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #12 on: 12/ 03/ 2010, 09:16:24 AM »
will have to vote for it tonight when im home the website runs like shite on internet explorer 6 YES i said IE6 because you know a multimillion dollar worldwire credit union can't update a fucking browser.

i tweeted about it though.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #13 on: 12/ 03/ 2010, 10:32:27 PM »
Thanks, guys! :D

I'm really surprised I'm doing this well. XD It's ridiculous. And kind of terrifying, actually.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #14 on: 12/ 03/ 2010, 10:33:27 PM »
we support you!

Sharp Cypher

•   
  • Lurkin'
  • Badges Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Spotted Memebon Happy Babies! Rockmelon Game Night
    • My Personal Website
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #15 on: 12/ 03/ 2010, 10:40:45 PM »
Voted and Tweeted.

Good luck for great justice!

BleachBoy

• Bass Master General
  •   
  • Thou shalt not partake of decaf.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #16 on: 12/ 03/ 2010, 10:43:48 PM »
Thanks, guys! :D

I'm really surprised I'm doing this well. XD It's ridiculous. And kind of terrifying, actually.

Don't forget about us regular people when you get rich and famous! :D

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #17 on: 12/ 03/ 2010, 10:49:15 PM »
Thank you thank you thank yoouu! :D

Don't forget about us regular people when you get rich and famous! :D

No way. As in I don't think I'll become rich or famous, hahah. XD Even if I did, I'd never forget anyone...

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #18 on: 12/ 04/ 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
voted. good luck!

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
    • AstroStasis Music
Metric Remix Contest
« Reply #19 on: 12/ 05/ 2010, 03:14:45 AM »
my vote alone put you in 12th place WOOT WOOT peoples need to votes moar.