Headphones!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Headphones!  (Read 27086 times)

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Headphones!
« Reply #160 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 09:58:38 AM »
I too can attest to these. They're fucking boss.

They're also 51% off right now. I'm not sure I can resist for $73...

EDIT: I gave in...
« Last Edit: 07/ 09/ 2011, 10:51:40 AM by fryfry »

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Headphones!
« Reply #161 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 11:02:10 AM »
Worth it. I paid $100 for mine, and I wouldn't say I regret it.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
Headphones!
« Reply #162 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 11:25:25 AM »
The big thing that had been holding me back on getting a nice pair was the size. All the ones that had been covered in this thread seemed to be for big heads (based on what I read in the reviews). When I saw people saying these were too small, I got excited. Tall face is tall.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Headphones!
« Reply #163 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 12:06:28 PM »
Oh alright I see, thanks guys. Yeah, I guess when I think about it I really don't need that kind of hardcore noise cancelling headphones that bad, but I'll definitely have to go check out those 280s if they're still on sale

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Headphones!
« Reply #164 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
The only thing that I don't like about the 280's is the coiled cable but that's just me being nit picky. Coiled cables should of stayed in the 70's :/

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Headphones!
« Reply #165 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
The only thing that I don't like about the 280's is the coiled cable but that's just me being nit picky. Coiled cables should of stayed in the 70's :/

That is where you and I differ, dear comrade. I quite like the coiled cord. (Although that might be because it reminds me of the big green cans I used to listen to my mom's records with when I was a kid, which were admittedly from the early 70s.)

I thought about getting one for my K240S, but the pre-made ones are mad long, and I don't care quite enough to make my own.

The big thing that had been holding me back on getting a nice pair was the size. All the ones that had been covered in this thread seemed to be for big heads (based on what I read in the reviews). When I saw people saying these were too small, I got excited. Tall face is tall.

You have nothing to fear; I've got a small noggin too. They fit me snug, and they clamp like motherfuckers.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Headphones!
« Reply #166 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 02:04:34 PM »
I don't remember if the 280s had this problem but my tma-1s certainly did, where the coils would catch and pull my arm hairs. Pretty sure the coils on the 280 were pretty loose and didn't do that tho.

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Headphones!
« Reply #167 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 02:44:19 PM »
Good thing I can't grow arm hair, just to be on the safe side.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #168 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 03:09:50 PM »
Also chest hairs when nudan.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Headphones!
« Reply #169 on: 07/ 09/ 2011, 04:20:57 PM »
Nah, the coils on the 280s are big and loose, I've never had them catch on anything. If that happened with the tma-1 I can see why you hate em though.

I just have this pet peeve with long ass cables. I like the coiled ones because they're short and out of the way, but can also stretch if you're moving around and stuff. So if it hooks on something it doesn't rip the cans off your head.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #170 on: 07/ 10/ 2011, 11:05:10 AM »
I saw this a little late but I encourage everyone to enter. Today is the last day.
http://gizmodo.com/5819491/this-gear-will-allow-you-to-experience-music-on-your-device-the-way-it-was-intended

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Headphones!
« Reply #171 on: 07/ 10/ 2011, 11:11:03 AM »
I saw this a little late but I encourage everyone to enter. Today is the last day.
http://gizmodo.com/5819491/this-gear-will-allow-you-to-experience-music-on-your-device-the-way-it-was-intended

Open to US residents only

:( Still, that's really nice.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #172 on: 07/ 10/ 2011, 11:49:40 AM »
you can just enter and have one of us  proxy for you ;p

fryfry

•   
    • MAL
Headphones!
« Reply #173 on: 07/ 10/ 2011, 08:53:42 PM »
Burn-in question for you guys: what do you usually use for your sample? Plan on burning-in the 208's when they get in, first time I've done so. Of what I read online it seems like it really doesn't matter?

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #174 on: 07/ 11/ 2011, 12:21:59 AM »
I just use the headphones normally then run pink noise while I sleep or go out. Just set the volume to a moderate listening levels while burning in.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Headphones!
« Reply #175 on: 07/ 11/ 2011, 02:53:03 PM »
Seems like RZA wants in on the headphone game he is coming out with his own pair called Chambers one for "DJ" and one for "street"

:/

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Headphones!
« Reply #176 on: 07/ 11/ 2011, 03:07:27 PM »
Burn-in question for you guys: what do you usually use for your sample? Plan on burning-in the 208's when they get in, first time I've done so. Of what I read online it seems like it really doesn't matter?

Normally I run pink noise for about a week while I'm at work/out/sleeping. Then the next week, I loop an album with a good mix of crazy deep bass and super bright highs, (usually Yuu's solo album), so it's constantly hitting all those nook-and-cranny frequencies.

Just use the shit out of 'em for a week or two. Since I got this iMac with its fuckawful speakers, I keep headphones plugged in and turned up, and use those instead of the computer's internals, and that works too.

Seems like RZA wants in on the headphone game he is coming out with his own pair called Chambers one for "DJ" and one for "street"

:/

No.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Headphones!
« Reply #177 on: 07/ 11/ 2011, 03:12:21 PM »
BUT BUT BUT BUT he does have "street" and "DJ" cred

<_<

>_>

<_<

>_>

FACE

<_<

>_>

<_>

PALM

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #178 on: 07/ 25/ 2011, 08:53:14 PM »
/Calpis adds m-stage amp for +10 orgasm to #brownheadphonefuture

I will probably end up giving away my old cmoy now... such a big difference in sound.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Headphones!
« Reply #179 on: 07/ 25/ 2011, 09:19:26 PM »
Dibbans