Headphones!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Headphones!  (Read 26369 times)

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
Headphones!
« Reply #80 on: 01/ 08/ 2011, 09:56:43 AM »
Since you are the pros in the subject and my father wants some new headphones I am asking you guys for help :D

He is looking for a pair that goes around the ears, doesn't care so much about sound isolation and likes the bass. That's all I got out of him ^^
Oh, and he is willing to spend 120-180€ on the headphones.
Thank you very much!

I will be trying not to read all the other stuff, cause then I'll want to buy headphones when I don't need any :(

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Headphones!
« Reply #81 on: 01/ 08/ 2011, 11:29:37 AM »
What does he plan on using as the source? Mp3 player? Computer? 70's era stereo equipment? Also, it sounds like he just wants something for around the house, you have an idea of what types of music he listens to?

Right off the top of my head, I'd have to say the Fostex T50RP. I believe it's a 6.3mm jack so you'd have get a 3.5mm adapter for general use, I forget if it comes with one (grado or sennheiser adapters are best).

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
Headphones!
« Reply #82 on: 01/ 08/ 2011, 01:14:59 PM »
Thank you very much. He'd like to use it for his mp3-player and the laptop. Musicwise it is mostly Rock and Alternative stuff.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Headphones!
« Reply #83 on: 01/ 08/ 2011, 04:49:21 PM »
Look into the ultrasone hfi780. They're around $175 USD on ebay.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • All You Can Eat
Headphones!
« Reply #84 on: 01/ 08/ 2011, 05:11:24 PM »
Thanks a bunch :D

TheCleaningGuy

• nubbin
  • Badges Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night
    • Siliconera
Headphones!
« Reply #85 on: 01/ 10/ 2011, 01:11:01 AM »
I thought this might be relevant.

I really need to pick up some PortaPros one of these days...

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #86 on: 01/ 26/ 2011, 04:50:21 AM »
Classic pic of Putin wearing some AKG K271 cans.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Headphones!
« Reply #87 on: 01/ 26/ 2011, 07:14:13 AM »
Didn't think I could respect the man any more than I already did...

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Headphones!
« Reply #88 on: 01/ 26/ 2011, 08:00:48 AM »
I thought this might be relevant.

I really need to pick up some PortaPros one of these days...

Holy Shit the record that the girl is holding is to the left in the Koss headphones.

there is a song on there i want to sample.  I had no idea they were popular.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Headphones!
« Reply #89 on: 01/ 27/ 2011, 05:10:19 PM »
Homeboy still got those ES7s for sale, Pete?

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #90 on: 01/ 27/ 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
Yeeeeah, you want? They're still in mah room. He couldn't find the bag but is dat coo?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Headphones!
« Reply #91 on: 01/ 27/ 2011, 06:09:25 PM »
Don't really care about the bag, they wouldn't spend much time in there anyway. Yeah, I wants. Might be a week or so before I have the money, though. I'll let you know when it goes through and then I'll paypal it to you. He still asking 60?

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #92 on: 01/ 27/ 2011, 06:13:29 PM »
yarp.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Headphones!
« Reply #93 on: 01/ 27/ 2011, 06:16:02 PM »
Sold. I'll let you know when it's finished transferring into paypal.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #94 on: 01/ 30/ 2011, 08:10:19 PM »

These sounded pretty meh when I originally bought them because the bass was way too boomy and over emphasized. Read up on a mod where you insert some aluminum foil and a felt disc and yeah... so much better now. They sparkle more and the bass is no longer muddy/boomy and better controlled. I recommend them if you can find them for under $55 and mod them for $2. These turned into some great sounding portables.

KeenanTheSavage

•   
  • Yo
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Keenan Payne
Headphones!
« Reply #95 on: 02/ 01/ 2011, 10:58:11 PM »
Have been using the Skullcandy TiTan earbuds recently because my parents got them for me for Christmas. I was skeptical, but they actually sound pretty damn good for Skullcandy headphones, and it looks like they're actually interested in making a quality product and not just appealing to tweens.

The bass is a little heavy which I dig, but if you're not into that or it gives you headaches I would pass up on em'. But for $25-30 they're a pretty good deal. Not the best out there but alright for regular listening.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #96 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 01:02:07 AM »
was bored while cleaning up and decided to take some pics.

From left to right: ultrasone hfi-2200, akg k240 sextett, sennheiser hd 238, ultrasone hfi 15g, fostex t20 v1, audio technica ath es7, jvc flats, a dolphin keychain, koss ksc75

koss ksc75 when it fell off the red clamps and hung suspended from the other headphone cables.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Headphones!
« Reply #97 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 01:04:29 AM »
 I can't fathom having that many pairs of headphones. I usually only have 1 at a time and replace them as they break, which is usually every two months as I can only ever afford $10 or less.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
Headphones!
« Reply #98 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 01:21:24 AM »
The way I saw it before was, buy a quality 1 pair of headphones for ~$100 that'll last you a few years or spend $20 for one that'll break in a couple months and replace it with another cheapy. I got burned by cheap headphones made out of cheap brittle plastics. That taught me to just invest in something that'll not only last but also sound a helluva lot better. But addiction to new sounds got the best of me in the end which is why I have so many pairs now (I have earphones too but not as many).

Companies that have stellar customer service is grado and koss. Koss will replace any of their headphones with a "No questions asked" policy and Grado will repair any of their headphones for $30 when you're no longer covered by their warranty.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Headphones!
« Reply #99 on: 02/ 03/ 2011, 01:24:11 AM »
The way I saw it before was, buy a quality 1 pair of headphones for ~$100 that'll last you a few years or spend $20 for one that'll break in a couple months and replace it with another cheapy. I got burned by cheap headphones made out of cheap brittle plastics. That taught me to just invest in something that'll not only last but also sound a helluva lot better. But addiction to new sounds got the best of me in the end which is why I have so many pairs now (I have earphones too but not as many).

Companies that have stellar customer service is grado and koss. Koss will replace any of their headphones with a "No questions asked" policy and Grado will repair any of their headphones for $30 when you're no longer covered by their warranty.

I'll have to look into those.